BIG BLOCK FORD
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Max effort BBF build wish list

+10
D. Sea
BigDave65
schmitty
c.evans
DILLIGASDAVE
bruno
Lem Evans
cool40
whatbumper
14 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Max effort BBF build wish list - Page 2 Empty Re: Max effort BBF build wish list

Post  c.evans May 24th 2011, 12:33 pm

Damon,

Unfortunately there are many guys who think ALL hemi heads are better than ANY wedge head. In todays world, that's just not the case. I have flowed a few sets of original Boss 429 hemi heads, the new Kaase hemi heads and also the older A-441 hemi heads. Some of those heads I did the porting on and some of them had been ported by somebody else, but that's not the point. The point is that in many cases a good set of current wedge heads, such as the C-460, the Pro-Filer 205, and the Thor heads will out flow the hemi heads. The peak flow numbers tend to be higher and then of course the quench tends to be better with the smaller chamber wedge heads. I guess I'm trying to say there is an overlapping of the two families of heads.

Charlie Evans

c.evans
BBF VENDOR SPONSOR
BBF VENDOR SPONSOR

Back to top Go down

Max effort BBF build wish list - Page 2 Empty Re: Max effort BBF build wish list

Post  BigDave65 May 24th 2011, 3:06 pm

whatbumper wrote:We weigh after the pass. Scales are at the return road

Gotcha, Most races around here weigh before the run!
BigDave65
BigDave65

Back to top Go down

Post  138 May 24th 2011, 3:22 pm

c.evans wrote:Damon,

Unfortunately there are many guys who think ALL hemi heads are better than ANY wedge head. In todays world, that's just not the case. I have flowed a few sets of original Boss 429 hemi heads, the new Kaase hemi heads and also the older A-441 hemi heads. Some of those heads I did the porting on and some of them had been ported by somebody else, but that's not the point. The point is that in many cases a good set of current wedge heads, such as the C-460, the Pro-Filer 205, and the Thor heads will out flow the hemi heads. The peak flow numbers tend to be higher and then of course the quench tends to be better with the smaller chamber wedge heads. I guess I'm trying to say there is an overlapping of the two families of heads.

Charlie Evans

once again...good information, thanks Cool

Back to top Go down

Post  D. Sea May 24th 2011, 3:36 pm

Excellent point Uncle Charlie. Just trying to think outside the box What a Face

So would a Thor head be "too much" for a 598ci engine with say 500hp of spray?

D. Sea
D. Sea

Back to top Go down

Post  rmcomprandy May 24th 2011, 3:54 pm

Anyone wins 2 in a row or 3 in a single season HAS to add 100 pounds is the biggest "crock of $hit" I've ever heard. Even the slowest guy can win if all the breaks go his way ... if someone happens to win 2 in a row or three in the same year simply because he is the better competitor, NOT the fastest car, he gets totally screwed.

rmcomprandy

http://www.rmcompetition.com

Back to top Go down

Post  dfree383 May 24th 2011, 3:58 pm

rmcomprandy wrote:Anyone wins 2 in a row or 3 in a single season HAS to add 100 pounds is the biggest "crock of $hit" I've ever heard. Even the slowest guy can win if all the breaks go his way ... if someone happens to win 2 in a row or three in the same year simply because he is the better competitor, NOT the fastest car, he gets totally screwed.

Interesting rule to keep the "Big " Money out of the mix..... Maybe give the little guys a shot.
dfree383
dfree383
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  Copperhead May 24th 2011, 3:58 pm

My best guess,......this class will be dominated by high winding small-blocks on the hose. The massive amounts of torque that the Big-Blocks make, combined with the fact that any/all elec. traction devices (such as MSD) being against the rules,....and no wheelie bars. I just don't see a BBF having a chance. Sad

The no wheelie bar rule is stupid. Those classes ain't for street cars. Rolling Eyes
Copperhead
Copperhead

Back to top Go down

Post  rmcomprandy May 24th 2011, 4:08 pm

If it was me and I made it to the final round ... I would make an agreement with the other car to split the 1st and 2nd place purse and then bail at the starting line; NEVER actually win.

Hopefully, I'd come in 2nd place 8 or so times in the season, lol.

rmcomprandy

http://www.rmcompetition.com

Back to top Go down

Post  whatbumper May 24th 2011, 5:18 pm

Copperhead wrote:My best guess,......this class will be dominated by high winding small-blocks on the hose. The massive amounts of torque that the Big-Blocks make, combined with the fact that any/all elec. traction devices (such as MSD) being against the rules,....and no wheelie bars. I just don't see a BBF having a chance. Sad

The no wheelie bar rule is stupid. Those classes ain't for street cars. Rolling Eyes

right now it is not dominated by anything really as far as wins go. but a 600inch Chevy on spray is by far the fastest since one of the classes banned the turbos. anything from turbo sbf to F1r sbf, to bbc's with spray wins.

whatbumper

Back to top Go down

Post  QtrWarrior May 24th 2011, 5:34 pm

c.evans wrote:Are alum. blocks part of the equation? In other words are they allowed without a weight penality? If so, I'd suggest you use one. If not, then use a FRPP A-460 block and go on and build a 598 CID engine. As for heads, I'd use the TFS A-460 -18 bolt heads and titanium valves. Also the new TFS single plane intake manifold. Phillip Oakley made around 1080 or so REAL horspower with a similiar combination back last Dec/Jan., if memory serves me. Check with him.

Charlie

All this sounds good to me !! Very Happy
QtrWarrior
QtrWarrior

Back to top Go down

Post  cool40 May 24th 2011, 8:51 pm

rmcomprandy wrote:If it was me and I made it to the final round ... I would make an agreement with the other car to split the 1st and 2nd place purse and then bail at the starting line; NEVER actually win.

Hopefully, I'd come in 2nd place 8 or so times in the season, lol.
then they'd add 50lbs to you! lol!
cool40
cool40
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  c.evans May 24th 2011, 10:56 pm

D. Sea wrote:Excellent point Uncle Charlie. Just trying to think outside the box What a Face

Damon,

That's what Kevin and Leon started out with, a 598 CID engine and Thor heads. The engine was dynoed down here. The heads may have been "too much". A year or two later, they increased the engine size to 632 CID and it seemed to do much better. From what I gather, synergy took place and the whole was greater than the sum of the parts. Of course they have won like 5 or 6 ORCA Championships in a row, so they certainly know what they're doing. When I'm around those guys, I just shut up and pay attention! Very Happy

Uncle Charlie

c.evans
BBF VENDOR SPONSOR
BBF VENDOR SPONSOR

Back to top Go down

Post  bruno May 25th 2011, 6:44 am

c.evans wrote:
D. Sea wrote:Excellent point Uncle Charlie. Just trying to think outside the box What a Face

Damon,

That's what Kevin and Leon started out with, a 598 CID engine and Thor heads. The engine was dynoed down here. The heads may have been "too much". A year or two later, they increased the engine size to 632 CID and it seemed to do much better. From what I gather, synergy took place and the whole was greater than the sum of the parts. Of course they have won like 5 or 6 ORCA Championships in a row, so they certainly know what they're doing. When I'm around those guys, I just shut up and pay attention! Very Happy

Uncle Charlie

how fast have they been ???? ....i dont believe those guys have been 70-80's yet ...i might be wrong

www.OakleyMotorsports.com
www.Induction-Solutions.com
www.bfevansraceparts.com
www.ultimateconverter.com
www.keithfulpmotorsports.com
bruno
bruno

http://WWW.CKRME.COM

Back to top Go down

Post  whatbumper May 25th 2011, 9:01 am

I have been hesitant to jump onto the bbf nitrous bandwagon because of the fact that I know that our turbo car will run in the 80's and I don't know if I can consistantly make the power to run those times with the nitrous motor with the available legal ford combinations.

whatbumper

Back to top Go down

Post  bruno May 25th 2011, 1:06 pm

whatbumper wrote:I have been hesitant to jump onto the bbf nitrous bandwagon because of the fact that I know that our turbo car will run in the 80's and I don't know if I can consistantly make the power to run those times with the nitrous motor with the available legal ford combinations.

so how does these guys in the T/D class run consistent ( and i understand there is more tire there )??? i believe if you have a great engine program , and run " CONSISTENT" you will be at the top of your game

www.bfevansraceparts.com
bruno
bruno

Back to top Go down

Post  whatbumper May 25th 2011, 2:29 pm

I am not saying nitrous is not consistant. we've used it for years bracket racing and index racing very successfully.

I am saying that I would have to hit it hard from the release of the transbrake and bring on the power as fast as possible and with the big torque of the big block combined with the big torque of nitrous I see that making it tough to get it right every pass on true tens on the tracks that we run. the best car in both classes, as far as I am concerned, is a bbc firebird on spray. I am going to a race this weekend to do some snooping around. Very Happy

whatbumper

Back to top Go down

Post  bruno May 2nd 2015, 2:30 pm

update ??? Very Happy

www.bfevansraceparts.com
bruno
bruno

Back to top Go down

Post  cool40 May 3rd 2015, 12:34 pm

bruno wrote:update ??? Very Happy
you tell us,your the one without a ride! Razz
cool40
cool40
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  dfree383 May 4th 2015, 1:27 pm

cool40 wrote:
bruno wrote:update ??? Very Happy
you tell us,your the one without a ride! Razz

X2 when's the wife going to open the purse?
dfree383
dfree383
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  whatbumper May 4th 2015, 9:39 pm

Still sbf turbo racing and bbc nitrous racing. We tried two years with a bbf on a customers car but couldn't keep pistons in it with the size of kit we had on it. Switched to a bbc with headhunters and are running where we need to be in the grudge scene. I guess I'm just too BBF dumb. LOL

I will get him back in the ford world maybe as soon as this winter. I have spoken with Lem about the issues we were having and we threw some interesting ideas together that may help.

whatbumper

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2