boss nine heads

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: boss nine heads

Post  BOSS 429 on May 29th 2011, 8:28 pm

rmcomprandy wrote:
BOSS 429 wrote:
rmcomprandy wrote:I was under the impression that the OP was asking about the "Boss 9" heads in particular. Not asking about the hemi design and the other racing heads which are available for them; C&C and such.

???????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

"Boss 9" is the particular name that Kaase has put on his own brand aftermarket production style heads; I also understood you to be a 429 boss engine connoisseur and would know that fact.

LOOL LOLOLOLOL , THATS not what ? < this was for, lol

BOSS 429

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  reeseracing23 on May 29th 2011, 10:10 pm

is there anyone out there making this style of cylinder head besides kaase?

reeseracing23

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Barney on May 29th 2011, 10:32 pm

If the question is can they make more power than a wedge head, the answer is yes in the right hands with the right combination they will. Whether they make enough to justify the cost, that depends on the individual. There are a number of aftermarket Boss 9 heads out there and can be used to make power. 600+ inches and with the right combo can make 4 digit power N/A fairly easy if thats what your asking. I would talk to Boss429(Circle R ) if thats the direction you really want to go.

Barney

View user profile http://www.hdraracingseries.com

Back to top Go down

Post  reeseracing23 on May 29th 2011, 10:37 pm

thats the answer i wanted. thanks barney

reeseracing23

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  c.evans on May 30th 2011, 12:12 am

Barney wrote:If the question is can they make more power than a wedge head, the answer is yes in the right hands with the right combination they will. Whether they make enough to justify the cost, that depends on the individual. There are a number of aftermarket Boss 9 heads out there and can be used to make power. 600+ inches and with the right combo can make 4 digit power N/A fairly easy if thats what your asking. I would talk to Boss429(Circle R ) if thats the direction you really want to go.

Which wedge head??? Which hemi head??? The point is that some hemi heads can not make as much power as some of the wedge heads we have on the market,,,,and then again vice-versa. Some hemi heads will make more power than some of the wedge heads we have on the market. There is an over-lapping of their capabilities.

Charlie

c.evans
BBF VENDOR SPONSOR
BBF VENDOR SPONSOR

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  reeseracing23 on May 30th 2011, 12:46 am

mainly the boss nine heads in comparison to the a or c heads

reeseracing23

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  c.evans on May 30th 2011, 1:10 am

Thanks for clarifying which heads. I have ported and flowed all three of the ones you have mentioned. I believe that a 600 CID TFS A-460 headed engine, with properly ported and flowed heads will make slightly more horsepower and torque than a equally prepared Kaase Boss Nine headed 600 CID engine. Maybe the best person to ask is Jon himself.

Likewise I believe that a 600 CID FRPP C-460 headed engine with ported and flowed heads, would well exceed an equally built 600 CID Boss Nine headed engine, in terms of torque and horsepower.

Charlie

c.evans
BBF VENDOR SPONSOR
BBF VENDOR SPONSOR

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  dfree383 on May 30th 2011, 8:32 am

IMO the Factory Style Boss 429 heads (Kaase Repops) are every bit an equale to A460's when prepped properly and the A441 and B441 Stuff (Race Stuff) is ahead of the C460 stuff in the right application.

Only issue I see with the Ford Hemi Stuff is Packaging and Cost. The Wedge stuff is smaller and cheaper.

But again not every application benifits from the same things.

dfree383
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

View user profile

Back to top Go down

NOT GREAT COMPARISSON

Post  2Strokerguy on May 30th 2011, 1:11 pm

reeseracing23 wrote:mainly the boss nine heads in comparison to the a or c heads
It is probably not the best to be comparing a street or shall we call it a conventional head to the built for racing A and C Head . In Mr Kasse own testing when he built the head they were slightly stronger horspower wise to the simaler SuperCobra jet and P51. I think that it would be better to compare the B441 to the A and C heads but that is just my opinion.I guess it all comes down to the intended use and is a maxed out street HEMI head going to get you what you want powerwise and no more will be needed later on. And yes they do look very good compared to most wedge heads. JOHN

2Strokerguy

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Barney on May 30th 2011, 4:15 pm

dfree383 wrote:IMO the Factory Style Boss 429 heads (Kaase Repops) are every bit an equale to A460's when prepped properly and the A441 and B441 Stuff (Race Stuff) is ahead of the C460 stuff in the right application.

Only issue I see with the Ford Hemi Stuff is Packaging and Cost. The Wedge stuff is smaller and cheaper.

But again not every application benifits from the same things.
I agree 100%. If you got the cash, and want a boss headed motor they are out there and chances are if prepared correctly you WILL NOT be dissappointed. $$vs. horsepower thats a individual choice. I have never personally seen a A460 head around 600 inch make 1350+hp and 1000+ tq N/A, I have seen it with a A441 hemi.

Barney

View user profile http://www.hdraracingseries.com

Back to top Go down

Post  reeseracing23 on May 30th 2011, 5:11 pm

I talked to rich today, he's a very smart guy.he gave me a bunch of good info and pointed me in a direction.thank you for the responses.

reeseracing23

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  fc2444 on May 30th 2011, 9:34 pm

How do you think the Boss9 would work with a blown injected on alky. engine?

fc2444

View user profile http://amr-coatins.com

Back to top Go down

Post  rmcomprandy on May 31st 2011, 12:18 am

fc2444 wrote:How do you think the Boss9 would work with a blown injected on alky. engine?

Personally, I think it would work well ... that's one of the applications where the hemi shines; (as long as nitrous isn't involved).

rmcomprandy

View user profile http://www.rmcompetition.com

Back to top Go down

Post  jsracing on May 31st 2011, 1:20 am

reeseracing23 wrote:mainly the boss nine heads in comparison to the a or c heads

the boss nine heads arent the top of the line RACE Ford Hemi head. The top of the line boss hemi head is capable of exceeding what an "A" head or "C" wedge head is capable of.

However if you are talking aobut something closer to a production head then there are WEDGE heads that can outperform these heads.

I am still not clear EVEN after you said "boss nine" which HEMI style heads you are refering to. I am not sure you know that Boss nine does not cover the entire spectrum of Ford Hemi heads. no offense meant. Specifically do you mean the Jon K heads?

Last edited by jsracing on May 31st 2011, 1:25 am; edited 1 time in total

jsracing

View user profile http://indyracingscene.com/?styleid=2

Back to top Go down

Post  jsracing on May 31st 2011, 1:24 am

fc2444 wrote:How do you think the Boss9 would work with a blown injected on alky. engine?

IMO if you are going to suffer the expense of a blown motor, youd be handcuffing it by sticking wedge heads on it.
thats not to say that it wont work, a blown wedge can make a ton of power, just wont out dyno a hemi head motor.

jsracing

View user profile http://indyracingscene.com/?styleid=2

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum