BIG BLOCK FORD
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

hello bbf ford forum

+9
Curt
maverick532
dfree383
D. Sea
69F100
richter69
bruno
342g
olschoolsteel
13 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

hello bbf ford forum - Page 2 Empty Re: hello bbf ford forum

Post  D. Sea July 29th 2011, 12:23 pm

olschoolsteel wrote:oh joy. if getting them started is that much fun, i can imagine the fun of getting the socket on it.

Insert socket and then use a wrench to make very small turns Evil or Very Mad

Cut the shock towers...... Save yourself a LOT of pain... If you do a search, there are a few threads regarding this procedure along with some pictures.
D. Sea
D. Sea

Back to top Go down

Post  richter69 July 29th 2011, 1:27 pm

Curt wrote:
olschoolsteel wrote:I dont think i could get away with that without my posts being deleted. You have a cool factor i am trying to attain!

You'll just need to talk about obtaining HeRo status, and breaking dynos.Basketball

for the record I didnt break it, but it did get owned by the DD, and DD also hurt the dyno operators ego........ Razz
richter69
richter69

Back to top Go down

Post  cool40 July 30th 2011, 1:09 am

D. Sea wrote:
olschoolsteel wrote:oh joy. if getting them started is that much fun, i can imagine the fun of getting the socket on it.

Cut the shock towers...... Save yourself a LOT of pain... If you do a search, there are a few threads regarding this procedure along with some pictures.
ahhhhhhh.................the good old days! cut that sucker!
cool40
cool40
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  bbf-falcon July 30th 2011, 7:49 am

D. Sea wrote:

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX22222222222222222222 Smile

bbf-falcon

Back to top Go down

hello bbf ford forum - Page 2 Empty I will look into it

Post  olschoolsteel August 1st 2011, 3:28 pm

I spent some of the morning looking around.

I am not a lazy researcher, but i couldnt find any topics on this site about shock tower cutting or deletion. I am envisioning a tubular upper A arm with a shockmount that hangs just over the center, to put a shock down to the lower A arm, while keeping everything else stock. Then i could do away with the shock tower eccept for the motor mounts. Any body got any leads to a mfr or link to threads on this topic on this site? I posted a link from another forum but no realize i cant to that. So maybe some key words other than "shock tower" that I can read up on?

Thanks in advance!

olschoolsteel

Back to top Go down

Post  '65 T-BOLT August 1st 2011, 3:43 pm

www.rcmotorsportsinc.com ( rod and custom motorsports ) if you decide on a mustang II set up. we just installed one in a 64 falcon...The fit was super nice! customer service was super nice as well!
'65 T-BOLT
'65 T-BOLT

Back to top Go down

Post  John Myrick August 1st 2011, 4:49 pm

'65 T-BOLT wrote:www.rcmotorsportsinc.com ( rod and custom motorsports ) if you decide on a mustang II set up. we just installed one in a 64 falcon...The fit was super nice! customer service was super nice as well!

Having one installed on my 69 mustang as we speak. After I talk to the installer ( chassis guy ) I'll let ya know what his impression of the kit was.

-John
John Myrick
John Myrick
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  olschoolsteel August 2nd 2011, 10:21 am

t-bolt,
I think i saw pics of your project on the FE forum. It looks nice. I dont want to install a whole new front end just because the shocks are in the way. I have called and looked around and cant find a kit that puts the shock down inside the a-arm. I do like its simplicity and cleanliness though. Just wondering, what headers company are you using for yours. I just got the crites set in for mine and sisnce their jig is probly set for stock front ends, i am betting i will have interference with the IFS kits.

olschoolsteel

Back to top Go down

Post  69F100 August 2nd 2011, 11:57 am

oldschool see how easy it is to get your post count up just by share your car with us LOOK you already up to 14 on your post count. cheers then when you answer this one you will 1 more Laughing
69F100
69F100
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  '65 T-BOLT August 3rd 2011, 12:29 am

olschoolsteel wrote:t-bolt,
I think i saw pics of your project on the FE forum. It looks nice. I dont want to install a whole new front end just because the shocks are in the way. I have called and looked around and cant find a kit that puts the shock down inside the a-arm. I do like its simplicity and cleanliness though. Just wondering, what headers company are you using for yours. I just got the crites set in for mine and sisnce their jig is probly set for stock front ends, i am betting i will have interference with the IFS kits.
that was not my car on the Fe forum. total cost involved for mustangs, mounts a coilover on the lower control arm...too expensive for me you could go with a company called RRS from Austrailia... www.rrs-online.com as far as headers...fox body headers on the Falcon. also expensive!
'65 T-BOLT
'65 T-BOLT

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2