3040 hp A460 Dyno

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Re: 3040 hp A460 Dyno

Post  Finmach on November 23rd 2011, 8:38 am

badmach wrote:Yes sir split leafs and caltrac bars
Wow! That Mach 1 is unbeliavable! Leafsprings gives me a belief for my current setup, I've got similar '72 Mach with calvert and M9 with 35splines axles. What about your front suspension, you have had to remove the shocktowers somehow? Any pictures available from the front suspension or enginebay somewhere? I have two different sets of BBC exhaustflange turboheaders just hanging on the wall - I got them dirt cheap. Decided to get them since they could be used with A460 heads.

avatar
Finmach

Posts : 14
Join date : 2009-08-09
Location : Finland

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 3040 hp A460 Dyno

Post  Barney on November 23rd 2011, 7:49 pm

thats wicked impressive.
avatar
Barney

Posts : 2577
Join date : 2009-12-02
Age : 43
Location : Kirkland, Il

View user profile http://www.hdraracingseries.com

Back to top Go down

Re: 3040 hp A460 Dyno

Post  bigjohn2007 on February 11th 2012, 8:27 pm

i feel sorry for that dyno but not chebby guys Smile
avatar
bigjohn2007
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Posts : 790
Join date : 2009-08-19
Age : 39
Location : Cerro Gordo n.c

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 3040 hp A460 Dyno

Post  mtacqua on February 11th 2012, 11:08 pm

very nice, someday I'd like something like that.
avatar
mtacqua

Posts : 67
Join date : 2010-06-28

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 3040 hp A460 Dyno

Post  Kevin323K on February 20th 2012, 12:16 am

That motor is bad AZZ.

Kevin323K

Posts : 8
Join date : 2012-02-12
Age : 40
Location : Rockport, Indiana

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 3040 hp A460 Dyno

Post  badmach on June 29th 2012, 12:36 am

just a small update Steve Morris came down with Ron from clocksoff racing and we did a few test runs in the old mach1 best time leaving REAL easy 8.40@191mph on the radials with 17lbs of boost leaving on 2 lbs . we also found out we had a cracked head trickflow said they had this happen before on a turbo build and its a problem with bolt stretch and 2 diff sized bolts. So we are bolting on a set of badass heads from Tony Bischoff and changing out rearend gear and we will hopefully be testing next week in MI

badmach

Posts : 8
Join date : 2011-11-17

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 3040 hp A460 Dyno

Post  bruno on June 29th 2012, 8:56 am

badmach wrote:just a small update Steve Morris came down with Ron from clocksoff racing and we did a few test runs in the old mach1 best time leaving REAL easy 8.40@191mph on the radials with 17lbs of boost leaving on 2 lbs . we also found out we had a cracked head trickflow said they had this happen before on a turbo build and its a problem with bolt stretch and 2 diff sized bolts. So we are bolting on a set of badass heads from Tony Bischoff and changing out rearend gear and we will hopefully be testing next week in MI

wow those numbers are insane , good luck with getting things fixed ...it will be a monster once things get lined out Twisted Evil
avatar
bruno
Moderator
Moderator

Posts : 10575
Join date : 2008-12-02
Age : 45
Location : MILLBROOK , AL.

View user profile http://WWW.CKRME.COM

Back to top Go down

Re: 3040 hp A460 Dyno

Post  '65 T-BOLT on June 29th 2012, 10:20 am

insane...insane in the membrane!
avatar
'65 T-BOLT

Posts : 1464
Join date : 2009-08-28
Age : 47
Location : Hagerstown,Maryland

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 3040 hp A460 Dyno

Post  whatbumper on June 29th 2012, 3:43 pm

We've broken a lot of trick flow heads. We are not using them with boost anymore. I will run them with nitrous though!

This is a badass build. Looking forward to seeing more about it in the future.

whatbumper

Posts : 3020
Join date : 2009-11-11
Age : 38

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 3040 hp A460 Dyno

Post  res0rli9 on June 29th 2012, 7:44 pm

whatbumper wrote:We've broken a lot of trick flow heads. We are not using them with boost anymore. I will run them with nitrous though!

This is a badass build. Looking forward to seeing more about it in the future.

Why do they brake with boost?.....Will they brake with 10lbs. or less.

res0rli9
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Posts : 3337
Join date : 2008-12-02
Age : 68
Location : sarasota FL.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 3040 hp A460 Dyno

Post  whatbumper on June 29th 2012, 10:38 pm

I doubt 10 pounds would be any worries. It was the 28+ lbs that were killing them.

whatbumper

Posts : 3020
Join date : 2009-11-11
Age : 38

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 3040 hp A460 Dyno

Post  dtimmer on June 29th 2012, 11:45 pm

please tell me you'll be testing at Martin or Milan. If so when? I'd love to check this thing out.

dtimmer

Posts : 223
Join date : 2009-08-23
Age : 32
Location : Grand Rapids, MI

View user profile http://www.visnerengine.com/

Back to top Go down

Re: 3040 hp A460 Dyno

Post  Frank Kramer on June 30th 2012, 2:58 am

whatbumper wrote:I doubt 10 pounds would be any worries. It was the 28+ lbs that were killing them.

We are running more then 30 psi on them in our supercharged alcohol engines.

Frank



https://www.youtube.com/user/seasideaffair
avatar
Frank Kramer

Posts : 114
Join date : 2009-11-28
Age : 41
Location : the Netherlands (Europe)

View user profile http://www.seasideaffair.com

Back to top Go down

Re: 3040 hp A460 Dyno

Post  whatbumper on June 30th 2012, 10:13 am

I bet you could go even higher than that and be okay with your blowers and be fine. If I were to go to a roots or screw blower I would mind trying the trick flows again. And I know plenty of guys running the tfs heads with great reliability just wouldn't work out for us.

I'm not trying to bash the heads, just warning people the issues we've had.

whatbumper

Posts : 3020
Join date : 2009-11-11
Age : 38

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 3040 hp A460 Dyno

Post  2POWERADDERS on January 20th 2013, 11:21 am

thats out of control! Very Happy
avatar
2POWERADDERS

Posts : 51
Join date : 2012-11-25

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 3040 hp A460 Dyno

Post  bigjohn2007 on May 11th 2013, 11:13 am

If it had wing it will fly Cool
avatar
bigjohn2007
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Posts : 790
Join date : 2009-08-19
Age : 39
Location : Cerro Gordo n.c

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 3040 hp A460 Dyno

Post  738drvr on October 1st 2013, 11:35 pm

Talked to Steve Morris at Dragweek. Car is having tranny/converter issues. Hope to have it sorted and out before the end of the season. Steve said the car is super nice and very comfortable on the street. Once sorted it will FLY. Low 7's on leafsprings. WOW!
avatar
738drvr

Posts : 504
Join date : 2010-02-15
Age : 52
Location : Middle Tennessee

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 3040 hp A460 Dyno

Post  jason on August 19th 2015, 12:34 am

whatbumper wrote:We've broken a lot of trick flow heads.  We are not using them with boost anymore.  I will run them with nitrous though!

This is a badass build.  Looking forward to seeing more about it in the future.

So what heads would be good for 2,000 hp+ and 30 pounds of boost?
avatar
jason

Posts : 220
Join date : 2009-08-14
Age : 46
Location : superior wi

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 3040 hp A460 Dyno

Post  738drvr on August 19th 2015, 3:34 pm

The guy's name is Steve Ayesh and he's out of Wichita, KS. Here's a link to the history on the car:

http://www.yellowbullet.com/forum/showthread.php?t=473388&highlight=3000+horsepower+mustang&page=81

He had a grudge race with Larry Larson last month for 5K at his home track(Steve's). Here's the video:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=LdRHU8uOJdQ

Super bad car that has had lots of problems. Steve has dumped a lot of money in it and I'm amazed he's still wrestling with it. He has a lot of amazing Ford's at home in the shop.

I believe he owns the dragstrip in Wichita. Hope to meet him someday.

BTW, he beat Larson by 7 hundreths.
avatar
738drvr

Posts : 504
Join date : 2010-02-15
Age : 52
Location : Middle Tennessee

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 3040 hp A460 Dyno

Post  Mark Miller on August 20th 2015, 10:18 pm

738drvr wrote:The guy's name is Steve Ayesh and he's out of Wichita, KS. Here's a link to the history on the car:

http://www.yellowbullet.com/forum/showthread.php?t=473388&highlight=3000+horsepower+mustang&page=81

He had a grudge race with Larry Larson last month for 5K at his home track(Steve's). Here's the video:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=LdRHU8uOJdQ

Super bad car that has had lots of problems. Steve has dumped a lot of money in it and I'm amazed he's still wrestling with it. He has a lot of amazing Ford's at home in the shop.

I believe he owns the dragstrip in Wichita. Hope to meet him someday.

BTW, he beat Larson by 7 hundreths.

Thanks for the Video 3rd times a charm for staging i guess!!!! Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

Mark Miller

Posts : 1325
Join date : 2009-09-01

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 3040 hp A460 Dyno

Post  FalconEh on August 20th 2015, 11:04 pm

Killer Mach Cool , if it had the equal weight it would not have been 7/100's 1500 lbs is like dragging an altered behind you or opening your chutes at the 330'
Let off before the 60' and got back on it for the W
avatar
FalconEh

Posts : 1424
Join date : 2014-08-21
Location : on the blacktop or in the mountains ????

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 3040 hp A460 Dyno

Post  738drvr on August 21st 2015, 12:58 am

I was actually surprised he beat Larson. Larry is one of the best racers at the track and that Chevy II is well sorted. Notice how soft they both had to leave. I know there had to be a lot of satisfaction for Steve. That car is a one of a kind and beautiful but he has had big problems with it. I think a lot of Steve Morris but he really flubbed this one up. It took Steve A. a lot of money and a lot of different people after Steve M got through with it to finally get it sorted and reliable.

Well over 100k in that Mach 1.
avatar
738drvr

Posts : 504
Join date : 2010-02-15
Age : 52
Location : Middle Tennessee

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 3040 hp A460 Dyno

Post  nitrous.f on October 25th 2015, 10:05 pm

know iam late but man did not know that these eliminator blocks and a460 heads can take much power! Shocked I have the premier block and a460 heads to!
avatar
nitrous.f

Posts : 271
Join date : 2011-06-05

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 3040 hp A460 Dyno

Post  Mark Miller on October 26th 2015, 1:15 am

738drvr wrote:I was actually surprised he beat Larson. Larry is one of the best racers at the track and that Chevy II is well sorted.  Notice how soft they both had to leave. I know there had to be a lot of satisfaction for Steve. That car is a one of a kind and beautiful but he has had big problems with it. I think a lot of Steve Morris but he really flubbed this one up. It took Steve A. a lot of money and a lot of different people after Steve M got through with it to finally get it sorted and reliable.

Well over 100k in that Mach 1.

I see he ran a 7.25@190 mph letting out early,that's really hauling the mail at 4,200 lbs!!!! Smile Smile Smile

Mark Miller

Posts : 1325
Join date : 2009-09-01

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 3040 hp A460 Dyno

Post  738drvr on October 26th 2015, 2:12 am

Mike Murillo runs twins on a BBF with A460 heads. He can go over 40# of boost and has run deep in the 6's at well over 200mph.

Them A460's are some bad heads fo sho.
avatar
738drvr

Posts : 504
Join date : 2010-02-15
Age : 52
Location : Middle Tennessee

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum