BIG BLOCK FORD
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I didnt make the rules!

3 posters

Go down

I didnt make the rules! Empty I didnt make the rules!

Post  papamoe January 28th 2012, 6:13 pm

470ci limit,iron heads with stock valve locations, 4150 carb,flat tappet cam,gas only. Small blocks up to 410ci with the same rules and a 200 lb break. I wander how bbf would stack up against bbc witch we all know will compete. I researched the heads a bit but I cant tell witch iron head would be the best and also able to find.I already have a block bored to 4.440 and hard blocked that i chickened out of using on my 557.Could you offset grind a 460 crank to make it work or would you go a different way?The flat tappet cam deal scares me also.Can you make enough power with this combo that a flat tappet would not be durable because of spring pressure or is this not an issue?Its sopposed to be a poor boy 1/8 mile heads up but i guess its like the last class i built for it wont stay that way long..

papamoe

Back to top Go down

I didnt make the rules! Empty Re: I didnt make the rules!

Post  LivermoreDave January 28th 2012, 7:39 pm

papamoe wrote:470ci limit,iron heads with stock valve locations, 4150 carb,flat tappet cam,gas only. Small blocks up to 410ci with the same rules and a 200 lb break. I wander how bbf would stack up against bbc witch we all know will compete. I researched the heads a bit but I cant tell witch iron head would be the best and also able to find.I already have a block bored to 4.440 and hard blocked that i chickened out of using on my 557.Could you offset grind a 460 crank to make it work or would you go a different way?The flat tappet cam deal scares me also.Can you make enough power with this combo that a flat tappet would not be durable because of spring pressure or is this not an issue?Its sopposed to be a poor boy 1/8 mile heads up but i guess its like the last class i built for it wont stay that way long..

OEM iron heads?

Dave.

LivermoreDave

Back to top Go down

Post  rmcomprandy January 28th 2012, 8:38 pm

papamoe wrote:470ci limit,iron heads with stock valve locations, 4150 carb,flat tappet cam,gas only. Small blocks up to 410ci with the same rules and a 200 lb break. I wander how bbf would stack up against bbc witch we all know will compete. I researched the heads a bit but I cant tell witch iron head would be the best and also able to find.I already have a block bored to 4.440 and hard blocked that i chickened out of using on my 557.Could you offset grind a 460 crank to make it work or would you go a different way?The flat tappet cam deal scares me also.Can you make enough power with this combo that a flat tappet would not be durable because of spring pressure or is this not an issue?Its sopposed to be a poor boy 1/8 mile heads up but i guess its like the last class i built for it wont stay that way long..

Sounds to me like a spot which would best use the iron CJ heads.

Offset grind a 429 crankshaft to 3.79" or 3.80" stroke and use as much compression ratio as your gasoline will permit.

rmcomprandy

http://www.rmcompetition.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down