My new 528 combo

Page 5 of 17 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 11 ... 17  Next

Go down

My new 528 combo - Page 5 Empty Re: My new 528 combo

Post  Barney on March 4th 2012, 1:56 am

levy87 wrote: Shocked Shocked Shocked 600ci. with glide, sweet.

300 shot using a plate Shocked Shocked Shocked. What rod's and crank were you using in your 460 motor?

i'm using a 125 shot on a pro fogger/466/glide/10x29 tire.
Truck rods, stock crank, stock cast piston. Yeah I know...
Barney
Barney

Posts : 2577
Join date : 2009-12-02
Age : 44
Location : Kirkland, Il

View user profile http://www.hdraracingseries.com

Back to top Go down

My new 528 combo - Page 5 Empty Re: My new 528 combo

Post  res0rli9 on March 4th 2012, 3:50 am

Barney wrote:
levy87 wrote: Shocked Shocked Shocked 600ci. with glide, sweet.

300 shot using a plate Shocked Shocked Shocked. What rod's and crank were you using in your 460 motor?

i'm using a 125 shot on a pro fogger/466/glide/10x29 tire.
Truck rods, stock crank, stock cast piston. Yeah I know...

And they said it can never be done Smile
I'd say that 466 is flying

res0rli9
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Posts : 3342
Join date : 2008-12-02
Age : 69
Location : sarasota FL.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

My new 528 combo - Page 5 Empty Re: My new 528 combo

Post  BOSS 429 on March 4th 2012, 11:41 am

no 466 here, it was a 4.360 bore

it went 10.20 on motor
BOSS 429
BOSS 429

Posts : 2278
Join date : 2009-08-10
Location : Ill

View user profile

Back to top Go down

My new 528 combo - Page 5 Empty Re: My new 528 combo

Post  levy87 on March 4th 2012, 2:45 pm

@Barney how long did that stock 460 motor last shoot'n 300 at it?How many pass'es did you get out of it before a problem arose if any?
levy87
levy87

Posts : 96
Join date : 2009-12-09

View user profile

Back to top Go down

My new 528 combo - Page 5 Empty Re: My new 528 combo

Post  BOSS 429 on March 4th 2012, 3:12 pm

levy87 wrote:@Barney how long did that stock 460 motor last shoot'n 300 at it?How many pass'es did you get out of it before a problem arose if any?

not sure on how many passes were put on( a lot) it in his car, and no problems ever showed up, in fact it was pulled & sold and we delivered it to a guy in fla
BOSS 429
BOSS 429

Posts : 2278
Join date : 2009-08-10
Location : Ill

View user profile

Back to top Go down

My new 528 combo - Page 5 Empty Re: My new 528 combo

Post  Barney on March 4th 2012, 3:56 pm

We freshened it once, I ran it 3 seasons with zero issues, traded it for a trailer to a guy in Miami as far as I know it's still running. Haven't heard a peep from the guy except when he first got it running. I would spray my golf cart with 125 you let us know when your ready for big boy tunes... Wink
Barney
Barney

Posts : 2577
Join date : 2009-12-02
Age : 44
Location : Kirkland, Il

View user profile http://www.hdraracingseries.com

Back to top Go down

My new 528 combo - Page 5 Empty Re: My new 528 combo

Post  yellowhorse7 on March 4th 2012, 4:22 pm

Barney wrote:. I would spray my golf cart with 125 you let us know when your ready for big boy tunes... Wink

True statement ^^^^^^^
yellowhorse7
yellowhorse7

Posts : 1382
Join date : 2009-11-16
Age : 93
Location : Polk County

View user profile

Back to top Go down

My new 528 combo - Page 5 Empty Re: My new 528 combo

Post  fordpullin on March 5th 2012, 11:46 pm

yellowhorse7 wrote:

Nahhhh, DOVES are junk

Yea, that's what they all say! But some of us know better Wink
fordpullin
fordpullin

Posts : 23
Join date : 2012-01-28
Age : 36
Location : Central VA

View user profile

Back to top Go down

My new 528 combo - Page 5 Empty Re: My new 528 combo

Post  bigblok2000ranger on March 7th 2012, 12:17 pm

There have been some new "developments" with my deal and things are looking REAL good, thats all I am gonna say until we get this thing dynoed. Hoping we have some numbers in the next 30 days or so.
bigblok2000ranger
bigblok2000ranger

Posts : 1745
Join date : 2010-04-07
Age : 40
Location : Beloit,WI

View user profile

Back to top Go down

My new 528 combo - Page 5 Empty Re: My new 528 combo

Post  yellowhorse7 on March 7th 2012, 2:56 pm

bigblok2000ranger wrote:There have been some new "developments" with my deal and things are looking REAL good, thats all I am gonna say until we get this thing dynoed. Hoping we have some numbers in the next 30 days or so.

Sweet. but now you'll feel even worse when I go by you
yellowhorse7
yellowhorse7

Posts : 1382
Join date : 2009-11-16
Age : 93
Location : Polk County

View user profile

Back to top Go down

My new 528 combo - Page 5 Empty Re: My new 528 combo

Post  bigblok2000ranger on March 7th 2012, 3:30 pm

We will certainly see what happens, are you running Byron's Midwest index Shootout this year? I will be running 8.60 index in that and GDRA 8.60 index. Hoping to make the April 29th race at Byron but lot of work to do, and gonna have to get my comp license all before that.
bigblok2000ranger
bigblok2000ranger

Posts : 1745
Join date : 2010-04-07
Age : 40
Location : Beloit,WI

View user profile

Back to top Go down

My new 528 combo - Page 5 Empty Re: My new 528 combo

Post  Barney on March 7th 2012, 3:45 pm

bigblok2000ranger wrote:We will certainly see what happens, are you running Byron's Midwest index Shootout this year? I will be running 8.60 index in that and GDRA 8.60 index. Hoping to make the April 29th race at Byron but lot of work to do, and gonna have to get my comp license all before that.
I plan on doing both also.
Barney
Barney

Posts : 2577
Join date : 2009-12-02
Age : 44
Location : Kirkland, Il

View user profile http://www.hdraracingseries.com

Back to top Go down

My new 528 combo - Page 5 Empty Chassis certification 2012

Post  levy87 on March 7th 2012, 4:18 pm

Does anyone have any information/list of places where they are doing chassis certification's in Northern Illinois???
levy87
levy87

Posts : 96
Join date : 2009-12-09

View user profile

Back to top Go down

My new 528 combo - Page 5 Empty Re: My new 528 combo

Post  bigblok2000ranger on March 7th 2012, 4:26 pm

Rich might be able to help you with that. Shoot Boss 429 a PM.
bigblok2000ranger
bigblok2000ranger

Posts : 1745
Join date : 2010-04-07
Age : 40
Location : Beloit,WI

View user profile

Back to top Go down

My new 528 combo - Page 5 Empty Re: My new 528 combo

Post  Barney on March 7th 2012, 8:01 pm

levy87 wrote:Does anyone have any information/list of places where they are doing chassis certification's in Northern Illinois???
Rich and I had them come to my house last saturday $235 for home service. Give Rich a call he can get him out.
Barney
Barney

Posts : 2577
Join date : 2009-12-02
Age : 44
Location : Kirkland, Il

View user profile http://www.hdraracingseries.com

Back to top Go down

My new 528 combo - Page 5 Empty Re: My new 528 combo

Post  yellowhorse7 on March 7th 2012, 8:57 pm

Barney wrote:
levy87 wrote:Does anyone have any information/list of places where they are doing chassis certification's in Northern Illinois???
Rich and I had them come to my house last saturday $235 for home service. Give Rich a call he can get him out.

Or just go to the nhra website.......Charlie Batch is one of the guys. I'll look for the other
yellowhorse7
yellowhorse7

Posts : 1382
Join date : 2009-11-16
Age : 93
Location : Polk County

View user profile

Back to top Go down

My new 528 combo - Page 5 Empty Re: My new 528 combo

Post  BOSS 429 on March 9th 2012, 9:53 pm

SOME 528 parts showed up today, there was a disclaimer on the box said ;

MAY CAUSE GREEN CARS TO FADE
BOSS 429
BOSS 429

Posts : 2278
Join date : 2009-08-10
Location : Ill

View user profile

Back to top Go down

My new 528 combo - Page 5 Empty Re: My new 528 combo

Post  yellowhorse7 on March 9th 2012, 10:07 pm

BOSS 429 wrote: SOME 528 parts showed up today, there was a disclaimer on the box said ;

USE OF THESE PARTS MAY SLOW VEHICLE DOWN



FIXED
yellowhorse7
yellowhorse7

Posts : 1382
Join date : 2009-11-16
Age : 93
Location : Polk County

View user profile

Back to top Go down

My new 528 combo - Page 5 Empty Re: My new 528 combo

Post  Barney on March 9th 2012, 10:37 pm

I wanna see Eric's face at about 800-1000 feet in that leaf spring refrigerater silliness. Somebody get him a go pro so we can post it on Facebook...
Barney
Barney

Posts : 2577
Join date : 2009-12-02
Age : 44
Location : Kirkland, Il

View user profile http://www.hdraracingseries.com

Back to top Go down

My new 528 combo - Page 5 Empty Re: My new 528 combo

Post  bigblok2000ranger on March 10th 2012, 12:46 am

Barney wrote:I wanna see Eric's face at about 800-1000 feet in that leaf spring refrigerater silliness. Somebody get him a go pro so we can post it on Facebook...
That might be quite entertaining honestly Smile
bigblok2000ranger
bigblok2000ranger

Posts : 1745
Join date : 2010-04-07
Age : 40
Location : Beloit,WI

View user profile

Back to top Go down

My new 528 combo - Page 5 Empty Re: My new 528 combo

Post  bigblok2000ranger on March 22nd 2012, 2:49 pm

Hmm, to spray or not to spray??? Wife has said no but talked with Rich this morning and it's decision time real soon. Gonna have to try to twist the wife's arm, maybe.

bigblok2000ranger
bigblok2000ranger

Posts : 1745
Join date : 2010-04-07
Age : 40
Location : Beloit,WI

View user profile

Back to top Go down

My new 528 combo - Page 5 Empty Re: My new 528 combo

Post  bruno on March 22nd 2012, 3:17 pm

bigblok2000ranger wrote:Hmm, to spray or not to spray??? Wife has said no but talked with Rich this morning and it's decision time real soon. Gonna have to try to twist the wife's arm, maybe.


hell yeah ........ this heads up deal is going to drive nos sales up Twisted Evil .......
bruno
bruno
Moderator
Moderator

Posts : 10700
Join date : 2008-12-02
Age : 46
Location : MILLBROOK , AL.

View user profile http://WWW.CKRME.COM

Back to top Go down

My new 528 combo - Page 5 Empty Re: My new 528 combo

Post  Barney on March 22nd 2012, 3:32 pm

bruno wrote:
bigblok2000ranger wrote:Hmm, to spray or not to spray??? Wife has said no but talked with Rich this morning and it's decision time real soon. Gonna have to try to twist the wife's arm, maybe.


hell yeah ........ this heads up deal is going to drive nos sales up Twisted Evil .......
Yep, it seems if you don't have a bottle, you probably should spectate.
Barney
Barney

Posts : 2577
Join date : 2009-12-02
Age : 44
Location : Kirkland, Il

View user profile http://www.hdraracingseries.com

Back to top Go down

My new 528 combo - Page 5 Empty Re: My new 528 combo

Post  bigblok2000ranger on March 26th 2012, 10:31 pm

Shh! Don't tell my wife but it's getting a fogger.


Last edited by bigblok2000ranger on March 27th 2012, 11:49 am; edited 1 time in total
bigblok2000ranger
bigblok2000ranger

Posts : 1745
Join date : 2010-04-07
Age : 40
Location : Beloit,WI

View user profile

Back to top Go down

My new 528 combo - Page 5 Empty Re: My new 528 combo

Post  Barney on March 26th 2012, 10:36 pm

bigblok2000ranger wrote:Shh! Don't my wife but it's getting a fogger.
Your secrets safe with me. (and hopefully the whole world now)..
Barney
Barney

Posts : 2577
Join date : 2009-12-02
Age : 44
Location : Kirkland, Il

View user profile http://www.hdraracingseries.com

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 17 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 11 ... 17  Next

Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum