Its alive..

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Its alive..

Post  Henryslx on February 12th 2012, 3:18 pm

605 cu. with A460 heads and matching intake.. Camshaft is .848/.828 before lash and .284/.302 @ .50. 1375 CFM SV1 with 115 mm blade..Compression comes in a 13.8 to 1 and its n a 2650 car w/ driver...How much timing is a good place to start @ ? We've got it set on 30 degrees now jus to get it running...If any more info is needed jus let me know...Thanks guys, Henry..

Henryslx

Posts : 89
Join date : 2011-11-23

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Its alive..

Post  LivermoreDave on February 12th 2012, 5:14 pm

Lot of engine you have there with alot of sweep volume being produced. I would think you wouldn't wander to far from where your at. It will probably be up to your application where the ignition timing will be best.

JMO,
Dave.

LivermoreDave

Posts : 972
Join date : 2009-09-27
Location : North of the Equator.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Its alive..

Post  Henryslx on February 12th 2012, 6:55 pm

LivermoreDave wrote:Lot of engine you have there with alot of sweep volume being produced. I would think you wouldn't wander to far from where your at. It will probably be up to your application where the ignition timing will be best.

JMO,
Dave.
Thanks for the reply Dave, I plan on sprayin bout 300 on it as well.. This is my first BB combo and I'm really curious as to what it'll do on motor and nitrous..Any HP or ET estimates? Glide with 1.80s and 3.89's out back.. 32 inch tall tire..

Henryslx

Posts : 89
Join date : 2011-11-23

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Its alive..

Post  cool40 on February 13th 2012, 12:33 am

i've ran mine as low as 24*with alky but 30 is about where its happy.
avatar
cool40
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Posts : 7144
Join date : 2009-08-31
Age : 47
Location : on the 1/8 mile dyno

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Its alive..

Post  bbf-falcon on February 13th 2012, 12:33 am

I agree w/Dave. Good place to start,then go from there. Good luck and let us know what it runs. Smile

bbf-falcon

Posts : 8992
Join date : 2008-12-03
Location : Jackson, Ohio

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Its alive..

Post  Henryslx on February 13th 2012, 9:32 am

bbf-falcon wrote:I agree w/Dave. Good place to start,then go from there. Good luck and let us know what it runs. Smile
Thanks guys, I'll start there and jus add a degree till it slows down then... I'll def keep you guys posted on what it does.. Im hopn for some mid 8's on motor, but here n VA its always @ least 3500 ft above sea level..

Henryslx

Posts : 89
Join date : 2011-11-23

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Its alive..

Post  res0rli9 on February 13th 2012, 9:44 am

Henryslx wrote:
bbf-falcon wrote:I agree w/Dave. Good place to start,then go from there. Good luck and let us know what it runs. Smile
Thanks guys, I'll start there and jus add a degree till it slows down then... I'll def keep you guys posted on what it does.. Im hopn for some mid 8's on motor, but here n VA its always @ least 3500 ft above sea level..

What are you on a mtn. top

res0rli9
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Posts : 3337
Join date : 2008-12-02
Age : 68
Location : sarasota FL.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Its alive..

Post  dfree383 on February 13th 2012, 10:05 am

don't forget to retard the timing for Mr. Frosty !!
avatar
dfree383
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Posts : 14068
Join date : 2009-07-09
Location : Home Wif Da Wife.....

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Its alive..

Post  Henryslx on February 13th 2012, 10:23 am

res0rli9 wrote:
Henryslx wrote:
bbf-falcon wrote:I agree w/Dave. Good place to start,then go from there. Good luck and let us know what it runs. Smile
Thanks guys, I'll start there and jus add a degree till it slows down then... I'll def keep you guys posted on what it does.. Im hopn for some mid 8's on motor, but here n VA its always @ least 3500 ft above sea level..

What are you on a mtn. top
LOL...YES. 3500 is on a good day too..Bristol TN is the track I'm speaking of...

Henryslx

Posts : 89
Join date : 2011-11-23

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Its alive..

Post  Henryslx on February 13th 2012, 10:24 am

dfree383 wrote:don't forget to retard the timing for Mr. Frosty !!
Absolutley, We've got that covered too... Thanks dfree..

Henryslx

Posts : 89
Join date : 2011-11-23

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Its alive..

Post  Henryslx on February 13th 2012, 10:26 am

Anyone with any power numbers? As i said this is my first BB and im lost with this thing... Very Happy

Henryslx

Posts : 89
Join date : 2011-11-23

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Its alive..

Post  dfree383 on February 13th 2012, 10:30 am

Whats done to the heads? Which intake?
avatar
dfree383
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Posts : 14068
Join date : 2009-07-09
Location : Home Wif Da Wife.....

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Its alive..

Post  Henryslx on February 13th 2012, 11:27 am

dfree383 wrote:Whats done to the heads? Which intake?
I got this thing n a trade.. TEA done the heads,(A460) talked to I think his name was Brian...Gave him the invoice number on the paperwork and he said the heads were flowing 460 range on the intake. It has the matching TF intake with portwork..

Henryslx

Posts : 89
Join date : 2011-11-23

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Its alive..

Post  Barney on February 13th 2012, 12:06 pm

I would think 4 digits is entirely possible.
avatar
Barney

Posts : 2577
Join date : 2009-12-02
Age : 43
Location : Kirkland, Il

View user profile http://www.hdraracingseries.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Its alive..

Post  Henryslx on February 13th 2012, 2:27 pm

Barney wrote:I would think 4 digits is entirely possible.
I was told by the engine builder that 1000 to 1050 wouldnt be unreachable... I jus put a new SV1 on top of it too..

Henryslx

Posts : 89
Join date : 2011-11-23

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Its alive..

Post  Lem Evans on February 13th 2012, 3:10 pm

Which fuel do you run?

Lem Evans

Posts : 7059
Join date : 2008-12-03
Location : Livermore , Ky

View user profile http://bfevansraceparts.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Its alive..

Post  Barney on February 13th 2012, 3:11 pm

I'm building a similar setup with a Pro Systems carb, I don't know if the SV1 will help or hurt power in you combo. Definitely post your results.
avatar
Barney

Posts : 2577
Join date : 2009-12-02
Age : 43
Location : Kirkland, Il

View user profile http://www.hdraracingseries.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Its alive..

Post  bbf-falcon on February 13th 2012, 7:28 pm

Barney wrote:I'm building a similar setup with a Pro Systems carb, I don't know if the SV1 will help or hurt power in you combo. Definitely post your results.

What makes you think a SV1 would hurt him?

bbf-falcon

Posts : 8992
Join date : 2008-12-03
Location : Jackson, Ohio

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Its alive..

Post  Barney on February 13th 2012, 7:35 pm

bbf-falcon wrote:
Barney wrote:I'm building a similar setup with a Pro Systems carb, I don't know if the SV1 will help or hurt power in you combo. Definitely post your results.

What makes you think a SV1 would hurt him?
Just seems that some combos really like them and some others like standard Dominators. Im not saying whether it will or won't. I'll be real curious to see how it runs. The combo I'm building now will have a 1600 cfm pro systems dominator so im as curious as anyone else.
avatar
Barney

Posts : 2577
Join date : 2009-12-02
Age : 43
Location : Kirkland, Il

View user profile http://www.hdraracingseries.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Its alive..

Post  schmitty on February 13th 2012, 9:11 pm

The SV1 is a good carb, but it is finicky in some instances and they will tell you that themselves. That doesn't make it a bad carb, just that it can be kind of finicky on what it runs well on. Cool
avatar
schmitty

Posts : 4538
Join date : 2008-12-02
Age : 48
Location : Holdrege, NE

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Its alive..

Post  Barney on February 13th 2012, 9:23 pm

I'm not saying they are a bad carb. What I am saying is that they aren't always the best choice.
avatar
Barney

Posts : 2577
Join date : 2009-12-02
Age : 43
Location : Kirkland, Il

View user profile http://www.hdraracingseries.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Its alive..

Post  Henryslx on February 14th 2012, 1:36 am

Lem Evans wrote:Which fuel do you run?
c-16..

Henryslx

Posts : 89
Join date : 2011-11-23

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Its alive..

Post  Henryslx on February 14th 2012, 1:38 am

Barney wrote:I'm not saying they are a bad carb. What I am saying is that they aren't always the best choice.
I gotcha... Patrick and I talked about it, and i was concerned as well... If it doesnt work out then he's gonna send me a dominator and I'll return the SV1.. He's confident we can get it to work...we'll see..

Henryslx

Posts : 89
Join date : 2011-11-23

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Its alive..

Post  Lem Evans on February 14th 2012, 10:45 am

Henryslx wrote:
Lem Evans wrote:Which fuel do you run?
c-16..

Starting at 30* and working your way up is a safe plan. With that compression ratio I suspect you'll wind up with about 34*.

Lem Evans

Posts : 7059
Join date : 2008-12-03
Location : Livermore , Ky

View user profile http://bfevansraceparts.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Its alive..

Post  Henryslx on February 14th 2012, 1:59 pm

Lem Evans wrote:
Henryslx wrote:
Lem Evans wrote:Which fuel do you run?
c-16..

Starting at 30* and working your way up is a safe plan. With that compression ratio I suspect you'll wind up with about 34*.
thanks for the replies Lem...

Henryslx

Posts : 89
Join date : 2011-11-23

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum