BIG BLOCK FORD
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hays flexplate

4 posters

Go down

Hays flexplate Empty Hays flexplate

Post  Godzilla February 19th 2012, 11:42 am

I purchased a Hayes flexplate # 12-060 sometime ago for my new 588 ci. from Jegs. When i tried to install it, the holes wouldnt all line up. I can get 4 to align but the other 2 would not line up. I have turned this thing around several times, with no luck. I have 3 460 engines on engine stands and it wont line up with any of them. I have a crank on the shelf and it wont line up with it. I tried to talk to a tech at Hayes and got nowhere. He said i have a problem with my cranks. I think it must have been packed wrong. The flexplate its' self has FLX46011 and QDF1809 etched on it. Has anyone else had a problem like this? Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Bob

Godzilla

Back to top Go down

Hays flexplate Empty Re: Hays flexplate

Post  rmcomprandy February 19th 2012, 12:45 pm

Godzilla wrote:I purchased a Hayes flexplate # 12-060 sometime ago for my new 588 ci. from Jegs. When i tried to install it, the holes wouldnt all line up. I can get 4 to align but the other 2 would not line up. I have turned this thing around several times, with no luck. I have 3 460 engines on engine stands and it wont line up with any of them. I have a crank on the shelf and it wont line up with it. I tried to talk to a tech at Hayes and got nowhere. He said i have a problem with my cranks. I think it must have been packed wrong. The flexplate its' self has FLX46011 and QDF1809 etched on it. Has anyone else had a problem like this? Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Bob

Turn it around and see if it fits. Some flex-plates will go on either way except for the bolt pattern.

rmcomprandy

http://www.rmcompetition.com

Back to top Go down

Post  lincolnlarry February 27th 2012, 7:51 pm

I had a big problem with a Hays flexplate!!!! The darn thing was very tight on the las bolt but got it to go. I should have checked the flexplate/starter interface but forgot to before installing the engine. It positioned the ring gear too far back into the bell. The starter would work for about 6 starts then just grind and not turn the engine over. Went through 2 starters then pulled the trans and put in a stock F250 flexplate and never had another problem. It sheared the teeth off the very end of the bendix on both starters. [img][/img][img][/img]

The Hays is on the left stock on the right.

lincolnlarry

Back to top Go down

Post  lincolnlarry February 27th 2012, 7:58 pm

I can't get this to work so here is a link to the info.

http://www.460ford.com/forum/showthread.php?t=155829&highlight=hays+flexplate[url][/url]

lincolnlarry

Back to top Go down

Post  lincolnlarry February 28th 2012, 12:13 am

I checked the part number and it IS THE SAME flexplate!!!!!!!

lincolnlarry

Back to top Go down

Post  dfree383 February 28th 2012, 12:16 am

Send it back......
dfree383
dfree383
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content