Dove C heads?

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Re: Dove C heads?

Post  bigjohn2007 on March 4th 2012, 4:42 pm

yellowhorse7 wrote:
bigjohn2007 wrote:anyone got pic of heads before and after porting?

Can you weld?
no
bigjohn2007
bigjohn2007
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Posts : 790
Join date : 2009-08-19
Age : 40
Location : Cerro Gordo n.c

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Dove C heads?

Post  dfree383 on March 5th 2012, 12:15 am

I put A429 Ford Racing valves in the Last set of DOVES I did. Lem has them in stock and the are very fairly priced for the quality.

Watch the valve job, not all are equal and a good one will make you smile.... a crappy one will make you cry on the bench.

I had about 40 Hours grinding time on the last set. + Parts, Surface, Valve Job, Guides, Cut for Large Valves, Machine for Guide plates and seals.
dfree383
dfree383
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Posts : 14218
Join date : 2009-07-09
Location : Home Wif Da Wife.....

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Dove C heads?

Post  kjett on March 5th 2012, 9:47 am

dfree383 wrote:I put A429 Ford Racing valves in the Last set of DOVES I did. Lem has them in stock and the are very fairly priced for the quality.

Watch the valve job, not all are equal and a good one will make you smile.... a crappy one will make you cry on the bench.

I had about 40 Hours grinding time on the last set. + Parts, Surface, Valve Job, Guides, Cut for Large Valves, Machine for Guide plates and seals.

And let me tell ya, them suckers work! cheers
kjett
kjett

Posts : 1146
Join date : 2009-09-15
Location : Virginia

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Dove C heads?

Post  bigjohn2007 on March 5th 2012, 3:11 pm

dfree383 wrote:I put A429 Ford Racing valves in the Last set of DOVES I did. Lem has them in stock and the are very fairly priced for the quality.

Watch the valve job, not all are equal and a good one will make you smile.... a crappy one will make you cry on the bench.

I had about 40 Hours grinding time on the last set. + Parts, Surface, Valve Job, Guides, Cut for Large Valves, Machine for Guide plates and seals.
what price on the valves?
bigjohn2007
bigjohn2007
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Posts : 790
Join date : 2009-08-19
Age : 40
Location : Cerro Gordo n.c

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Dove C heads?

Post  kjett on March 5th 2012, 4:57 pm

Give Lem a call. They aren't that bad in price. Very Happy
kjett
kjett

Posts : 1146
Join date : 2009-09-15
Location : Virginia

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Dove C heads?

Post  bigjohn2007 on March 6th 2012, 7:16 pm

kjett wrote:Give Lem a call. They aren't that bad in price. Very Happy
Lem will be the first to call just trying to get prices on site so me and other members will have some kind of ideal what in store when using dove heads.
bigjohn2007
bigjohn2007
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Posts : 790
Join date : 2009-08-19
Age : 40
Location : Cerro Gordo n.c

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Dove C heads?

Post  bigblok2000ranger on March 6th 2012, 8:28 pm

Figure your gonna have atleast $1200 in them probably closer to $1500 depending on how big you go.
bigblok2000ranger
bigblok2000ranger

Posts : 1745
Join date : 2010-04-07
Age : 40
Location : Beloit,WI

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Dove C heads?

Post  Barney on March 6th 2012, 9:29 pm

bigjohn2007 wrote:
kjett wrote:Give Lem a call. They aren't that bad in price. Very Happy
Lem will be the first to call just trying to get prices on site so me and other members will have some kind of ideal what in store when using dove heads.
We have a pretty good idea what a GOOD D0VE heads about.
Barney
Barney

Posts : 2577
Join date : 2009-12-02
Age : 43
Location : Kirkland, Il

View user profile http://www.hdraracingseries.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Dove C heads?

Post  kjett on March 6th 2012, 10:57 pm

If I remember right because I got rid of the receipts before my wife found them, but I think I got the valves, Manley Nextec springs, and titanium retainers around $400ish. Can't remember exactly,but somewhere around there
kjett
kjett

Posts : 1146
Join date : 2009-09-15
Location : Virginia

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Dove C heads?

Post  bigjohn2007 on March 6th 2012, 11:37 pm

kjett wrote:If I remember right because I got rid of the receipts before my wife found them, but I think I got the valves, Manley Nextec springs, and titanium retainers around $400ish. Can't remember exactly,but somewhere around there
thanks
bigjohn2007
bigjohn2007
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Posts : 790
Join date : 2009-08-19
Age : 40
Location : Cerro Gordo n.c

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Dove C heads?

Post  dfree383 on March 7th 2012, 12:04 am

kjett wrote:If I remember right because I got rid of the receipts before my wife found them, but I think I got the valves, Manley Nextec springs, and titanium retainers around $400ish. Can't remember exactly,but somewhere around there

Its more than that for Valves, Springs, Retainers and Locks.......
dfree383
dfree383
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Posts : 14218
Join date : 2009-07-09
Location : Home Wif Da Wife.....

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Dove C heads?

Post  kjett on March 7th 2012, 12:06 am

Beats me, you ordered I just provided the card number Wink
kjett
kjett

Posts : 1146
Join date : 2009-09-15
Location : Virginia

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Dove C heads?

Post  dfree383 on March 7th 2012, 12:08 am

kjett wrote:Beats me, you ordered I just provided the card number Wink

He needs to talk to lem to get current prices, alot of stuff has been going up.
dfree383
dfree383
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Posts : 14218
Join date : 2009-07-09
Location : Home Wif Da Wife.....

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Dove C heads?

Post  Lem Evans on March 8th 2012, 11:03 am

dfree383 wrote:
kjett wrote:Beats me, you ordered I just provided the card number Wink

He needs to talk to lem to get current prices, alot of stuff has been going up.
The FRPP valves are $12.95 each.

Lem Evans

Posts : 7214
Join date : 2008-12-03
Location : Livermore , Ky

View user profile http://bfevansraceparts.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Dove C heads?

Post  bigjohn2007 on March 9th 2012, 12:32 pm

thanks Lem
bigjohn2007
bigjohn2007
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Posts : 790
Join date : 2009-08-19
Age : 40
Location : Cerro Gordo n.c

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum