BIG BLOCK FORD
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BBF Starter Locator Plate and Steel Mid Plate

+16
Dave C.
dirt_worker
frank13
Dragz79
Diddly
slotracer
wvmudder
bigblok2000ranger
bruno
jbozzelle
stanggt
IcallhimGeorge
jasonf
powerstrokeace
Barney
Wheelie58
20 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

starter plate - BBF Starter Locator Plate and Steel Mid Plate Empty BBF Starter Locator Plate and Steel Mid Plate

Post  Wheelie58 April 22nd 2012, 12:06 am

I am proud to introduce two new parts from Keith Fulp Motorsports (KFM), our BBF Starter Locator Plate and BBF Steel Mid Plate. These parts have been in development for the last few months and are now in production.
The BBF starter locator plate is specifically designed for the racer who has installed an aftermarket bellhousing such as the JW Ultrabell, but will also work great with a C6. During installation, many racers will toss the factory "block plate" or starter locator plate in the scrap bin and bolt the starter directly to the bellhousing. After a few starter drives and ring gears are destroyed, we then learn the value of having a solid, accurate location for the starter mounting. Since Ford stopped producing the factory plate several years ago, it can be a problem to find a nice factory plate and then modify it to fit an Ultrabell.
The KFM plate is precision laser cut from 14 gauge steel (approximately .074" thick) using original Ford hole patterns. The plate is designed with a 4.090 starter register hole to fit any factory or aftermarket starter that will fit an O.E. plate. The plate is then zink plated to help prevent rust and give it a nice gold appearance.
starter plate - BBF Starter Locator Plate and Steel Mid Plate StarterPlateGold1-1
The KFM Starter Locator Plate is in inventory and priced at $75.
-----------------------
The KFM BBF Steel Mid Plate has all of the features of the starter locator plate, but serves as a 32" wide mid plate. The KFM steel mid plate is cut from 12 gauge steel (approximately .100" thick) and has a profiled top to help with firewall clearance during installation.
starter plate - BBF Starter Locator Plate and Steel Mid Plate MidPlateGold1-1
The mid plate is in stock and has an introductory price of $95.
For the racer who prefers no starter hole, we also offer a 32" steel mid plate with no starter and an open center for $75.

Custom orders are always welcome, as the plates can be cut from other materials or thickness if desired.
Please call with any questions. 678-458-2033 or e-mail KFMotorsports@aol.com
Thank you,
Keith Fulp
www.KeithFulpMotorsports.com

Wheelie58
Wheelie58

http://www.keithfulpmotorsports.com

Back to top Go down

starter plate - BBF Starter Locator Plate and Steel Mid Plate Empty Re: BBF Starter Locator Plate and Steel Mid Plate

Post  Barney April 22nd 2012, 12:51 am

those look really nice.could have used one about a month ago.
Barney
Barney

http://www.hdraracingseries.com

Back to top Go down

starter plate - BBF Starter Locator Plate and Steel Mid Plate Empty Re: BBF Starter Locator Plate and Steel Mid Plate

Post  powerstrokeace April 22nd 2012, 9:44 am

Would these work for a C4 bell as well? (stock)

Ace
powerstrokeace
powerstrokeace

Back to top Go down

Post  jasonf April 22nd 2012, 10:09 am

Do you need any kind of converter spacer with the mid plate?
jasonf
jasonf
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  Wheelie58 April 22nd 2012, 10:19 am

Ace,
If the C4 shares the same 164 tooth flexplate and factory starter location as a C6, it will fit.
I have not tried the plate on that combination.
Thanks,
Keith
Wheelie58
Wheelie58

Back to top Go down

Post  Wheelie58 April 22nd 2012, 11:03 am

Jason,
The need for thickness of converter spacers will vary depending on the offset of your flexplate and the dimension that your converter was built to. The factory starter locator plate is roughly .065-068" thick. My mid plate is .100" thick.
I currently have 2 converters from the same builder, and each requires different spacers.
If I swap brands of flexplates, the spacer dimension changes also.
Bottom line...it just depends of the combo that you have.
Thanks,
Keith
Wheelie58
Wheelie58

Back to top Go down

Post  IcallhimGeorge April 22nd 2012, 4:26 pm

I have nothing but good things to say about Keiths front and mid plates...Keith himself is an entirely different story. Laughing

Thanks again for everything!
IcallhimGeorge
IcallhimGeorge
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  Wheelie58 April 22nd 2012, 6:40 pm

IcallhimGeorge wrote:I have nothing but good things to say about Keiths front and mid plates...Keith himself is an entirely different story. Laughing

Thanks again for everything!

Hey!
George (the truck) likes me....right?

Thanks....I hope your parts fit well.
Keith
Wheelie58
Wheelie58

Back to top Go down

Post  jasonf April 24th 2012, 9:49 pm

Keith I was looking at your website for a full size front plate for a regular Ford timing cover but didn't see it. DO you make those?

thanks,
jasonf
jasonf
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  IcallhimGeorge April 24th 2012, 11:52 pm

Only if you ask nicely
IcallhimGeorge
IcallhimGeorge
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  Wheelie58 April 25th 2012, 12:31 pm

jasonf wrote:Keith I was looking at your website for a full size front plate for a regular Ford timing cover but didn't see it. DO you make those?

thanks,
Yes....
I make motor plates for OE covers. I have been making them as custom orders due to spec variations.
If I know the desired shape, water pump planned, dipstick...or no dipstick in cover...I can make it up.
Here is one for a aftermarket pump and no dipstick:
starter plate - BBF Starter Locator Plate and Steel Mid Plate Untitled
------------
And this one for a stock water pump with a back plate:
starter plate - BBF Starter Locator Plate and Steel Mid Plate OECoverPlateOct2011
Thanks,
Keith
Wheelie58
Wheelie58

Back to top Go down

Post  jasonf April 25th 2012, 12:41 pm

So I guess I will actually have to know what I am doing. Shocked I need to set the motor in the car and see how much room I have but I an trying to see if I can mount all my accessories (alt & a/c) to it at the same time so it is an experiment. I have seen some of the pics with vaccum pumps but non with A/C.
jasonf
jasonf
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  stanggt April 26th 2012, 10:26 am

I want to get one of those midplate from you.Do you also have a front plate for a Danny bee belt drive set-up?

Chris
stanggt
stanggt

Back to top Go down

Post  jbozzelle April 26th 2012, 11:35 am

Hey Keith,

Can you do a custom "offset" midplate for my Fox chassis Mustang if I give you some measurements?

jbozzelle

Back to top Go down

Post  Wheelie58 April 26th 2012, 12:38 pm

jbozzelle wrote:Hey Keith,

Can you do a custom "offset" midplate for my Fox chassis Mustang if I give you some measurements?

No problem.
Just tell me the width and where the crank centerline is.
If it is standard on Fox cars, I can keep a couple on hand.
Thanks,
Keith
678-458-2033
Wheelie58
Wheelie58

Back to top Go down

Post  jbozzelle April 26th 2012, 12:51 pm

Stupid question... Can I use the middle of the top two holes my crank c/line reference? If not, what bolt holes can I use?

I bought an oversize BBF midplate and made my own. It's not the best looking piece and has no starter provisions so this plate is a better solution. This one is a bit hacked on the pass side due to header clearance...

jbozzelle

Back to top Go down

Post  Wheelie58 April 26th 2012, 1:30 pm

John.
I can use any reference point and figure out the crank centerline.
Thanks
Keith
Wheelie58
Wheelie58

Back to top Go down

Post  Wheelie58 May 1st 2012, 9:25 am

stanggt wrote:I want to get one of those midplate from you.Do you also have a front plate for a Danny bee belt drive set-up?

Chris

Chris,
Yes...I do make Danny Bee motor plates.
You can see the 2 types, rectangular and profiled on keithfulpmotorsports.com
they are $159 plus shipping.
I sent you a PM also.
Thanks,
Keith
Wheelie58
Wheelie58

Back to top Go down

Post  bruno May 1st 2012, 10:32 am

great products and great service ..... Keith Fulp is the best around cheers

www.OakleyMotorsports.com
www.Induction-Solutions.com
www.bfevansraceparts.com
www.ultimateconverter.com
www.keithfulpmotorsports.com
bruno
bruno

http://WWW.CKRME.COM

Back to top Go down

Post  Wheelie58 May 1st 2012, 10:56 am

bruno wrote:great products and great service ..... Keith Fulp is the best around cheers

Now...look what I have to live up to! Cool
Thanks....
Keith
Wheelie58
Wheelie58

Back to top Go down

Post  bigblok2000ranger May 2nd 2012, 10:18 am

I may buy a couple of the "block" plates from you to have around here in a few months they are getting very hard to find even in the junk yards, I got the last "new" one that any dealers had in WI about 2 years ago took about 8 hours on the phone to locate it.
bigblok2000ranger
bigblok2000ranger

Back to top Go down

Post  Wheelie58 May 2nd 2012, 11:25 am

[quote="bigblok2000ranger"]I may buy a couple of the "block" plates from you to have around here in a few months they are getting very hard to find even in the junk yards, I got the last "new" one that any dealers had in WI about 2 years ago took about 8 hours on the phone to locate it.[/quote

Mine are much easier to find. I see a stack of them!
I would be happy to ship some to you!
Thanks,
Keith
678-458-2033
Wheelie58
Wheelie58

Back to top Go down

Post  wvmudder May 3rd 2012, 6:13 am

I have a question about the your starter locator plate. Does it have another piece that bolts on to cover the entire front of the transmission or is it always open just like you have pictured?

Thanks,
Dave S.
wvmudder
wvmudder

Back to top Go down

Post  Wheelie58 May 3rd 2012, 7:55 am

The current plate is open to allow air flow for converter cooling.
If desired, I can easily make one that covers the entire bell for mud race applications.
Just send a pm or email to kfmotorsports@aol.com if you want one.
I could also make a little plate to cover the access cutout on an UltraBell. It would also work on a C6.
Thanks
Keith
Wheelie58
Wheelie58

Back to top Go down

Post  Wheelie58 May 13th 2012, 1:02 am

So far, the plates have been a welcome addition to several racers setups.
Just a little bump...in case someone missed it.
Thanks,
Keith
Wheelie58
Wheelie58

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next