BIG BLOCK FORD
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Plug picture

3 posters

Go down

Plug picture Empty Plug picture

Post  FORDMUD June 1st 2012, 2:41 pm

[img]Plug picture 20120510[/img]

This plug has lots of idle time. It's not a fresh top end plug chop. I'm not so much worried about the jetting. I'm wondering about the timing. Is that color split on the strap what I'm looking for? Does the idle time change the timing mark? I'm under the impression it should be in the middle of the bend. Do you think it could handle another degree or two?

.....crap.. click the picture.. it wasn't supposed to be so small...
FORDMUD
FORDMUD

Back to top Go down

Plug picture Empty Re: Plug picture

Post  quick 52 June 1st 2012, 3:02 pm

this is how i check the ground strap for timing i make a pass with a new plug in the easiest hole to change plugs in. then take a reading if i im changing the timing from there i put a new plug back in till im happy with the setting. this way you dont have change all your plugs. its hard to get a good reading on a old plug for me anyway

quick 52

Back to top Go down

Post  69F100 June 2nd 2012, 3:49 pm

FORDMUD wrote:[img]Plug picture 20120510[/img]

This plug has lots of idle time. It's not a fresh top end plug chop. I'm not so much worried about the jetting. I'm wondering about the timing. Is that color split on the strap what I'm looking for? Does the idle time change the timing mark? I'm under the impression it should be in the middle of the bend. Do you think it could handle another degree or two?

.....crap.. click the picture.. it wasn't supposed to be so small...

When I ran gas mine looked the same way after alot of idling time but after a run or 2 they would clean right up.I run alky now and they seem to stay fairly clean on warm it up.
69F100
69F100
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down