BIG BLOCK FORD
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

TFS streets exhaust port height

5 posters

Go down

TFS streets exhaust port height Empty TFS streets exhaust port height

Post  jasonf July 3rd 2012, 9:01 am

On the street head (PowerPort 290??) when it says the exhaust port is raised 0.270" does that mean the bolt holes will be 0.270" higher then stock as well or is just the port itself raised? I am about to order headers for my 56 but I don't understand how people say the port is raised but a regular SCJ header will fit. If the hole header moves up 0.270" it could/should cause fitment issues elsewhere along the tubes wouldn't it?

The reason I ask is when I call a header manufacturer and ask them if they will fit the TFS head all they say is "yeah we have done lots of them for that" and all I think in my mind is they probably have never seen a TFS head and these things aren't going to fit for crap.

thanks,
jasonf
jasonf
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

TFS streets exhaust port height Empty Re: TFS streets exhaust port height

Post  Lem Evans July 3rd 2012, 10:08 am

The floor is filled but the roof is raised to SCJ ht. The bolt holes are a little higher from the deck than the stock heads.....takes a CJ/SCJ gasket and flange.

Lem Evans

http://bfevansraceparts.com

Back to top Go down

Post  rmcomprandy July 3rd 2012, 11:32 am

jasonf wrote:On the street head (PowerPort 290??) when it says the exhaust port is raised 0.270" does that mean the bolt holes will be 0.270" higher then stock as well or is just the port itself raised? I am about to order headers for my 56 but I don't understand how people say the port is raised but a regular SCJ header will fit. If the hole header moves up 0.270" it could/should cause fitment issues elsewhere along the tubes wouldn't it?

The reason I ask is when I call a header manufacturer and ask them if they will fit the TFS head all they say is "yeah we have done lots of them for that" and all I think in my mind is they probably have never seen a TFS head and these things aren't going to fit for crap.

thanks,

The exhaust flange bolt hole pattern is .270" higher than the production Location. The port is regular size however, it is raised to CJ port roof height; (it uses a normal Cobra Jet header).

rmcomprandy

http://www.rmcompetition.com

Back to top Go down

Post  69F100 July 3rd 2012, 12:59 pm

jasonf wrote:On the street head (PowerPort 290??) when it says the exhaust port is raised 0.270" does that mean the bolt holes will be 0.270" higher then stock as well or is just the port itself raised? I am about to order headers for my 56 but I don't understand how people say the port is raised but a regular SCJ header will fit. If the hole header moves up 0.270" it could/should cause fitment issues elsewhere along the tubes wouldn't it?

thanks,

Jason mine is not the tfs street heads they are the a429 cj heads my headers I built for my dove heads and my collectors i built to hug the floorboard with about 1/2'' to play with for ground clearness when I put the a429 on I might have a 1/4'' now of clearness it does make it hard to install them now but as for the ports they fit fine but they are 2'' tube headers.
69F100
69F100
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  Alvin July 3rd 2012, 9:17 pm

What kind of 56 do you have?

Alvin

Back to top Go down

Post  jasonf July 3rd 2012, 10:55 pm

TFS streets exhaust port height IMGP1351small
jasonf
jasonf
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  jasonf July 3rd 2012, 11:11 pm

TFS streets exhaust port height Picture008
jasonf
jasonf
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  Lem Evans July 9th 2012, 1:22 pm

I found some measurements I did several years ago.
This is from the deck of the head to the bottom of 3/8" bolt hole.

2.010" D3VE
2.010" A429
2.070" FRPP SCJ
2.310" TFS 290 port

Lem Evans

http://bfevansraceparts.com

Back to top Go down

Post  jasonf July 9th 2012, 4:37 pm

Thanks Lem and to all the others that offered help.
jasonf
jasonf
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down