BIG BLOCK FORD
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

How does hot weather affect stall?

3 posters

Go down

How does hot weather affect stall? Empty How does hot weather affect stall?

Post  trabdady July 13th 2012, 7:25 pm

Can't seem to get a handle on my 60' these days., and I'm wondering if anyone has found that as the air goes in the crapper ( HOT ) and the motor HP and torque falls off, the converter seems tighter ? I'm leaving on the same chip 5600, and in good air the converter stalls at 5800, is it possible that in bad air I could lose a few hundred RPM's of stall and be leaving right on the lock-up thus creating no flash in the converter and therefore no hit on the tires? Seems as though shes just not planting the tires. Chassis been scaled out and leaving straight, Rebuilt all four dbl. adj. shocks but adjustments have no effect, new springs, tires are fairly new 30 passes. Does anyone keep 2 converters one for hot weather & one for cool weather? Any Ideas????

trabdady

Back to top Go down

How does hot weather affect stall? Empty Re: How does hot weather affect stall?

Post  richter69 July 13th 2012, 9:13 pm

junk air = less power = less stall.

that and the hot track temps will affect 60' also.........wheelspin wont load the converter as much...............it just all goes to hell in the hot hot weather................
richter69
richter69

Back to top Go down

Post  cool40 July 13th 2012, 10:20 pm

x2,we just had a good example of it a few weeks ago,lol. i'd say you could drop your rpm some and pick up 60' on the hot track.my 60'was 1.24-1.26 in the hot afternoon and 1.19 after dark. Very Happy
cool40
cool40
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down