BIG BLOCK FORD
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Anyone near Aurora, MO want to go kick some ass for me?

+6
61coon
jasonf
Barney
richter69
56Tbird
AZFairlane
10 posters

Go down

Anyone near Aurora, MO want to go kick some ass for me? Empty Anyone near Aurora, MO want to go kick some ass for me?

Post  AZFairlane July 30th 2012, 5:24 pm

I bought a four post lift from Mid-America Auto Lifts, half down, and the balance on completion. Eight weeks they said, that would have been this Wed. the 31st. I call them this morning to get an ETA and all their numbers are disconnected and the city hall says that they heard the company has shut down. I need my $4100 back! I only went with this company because everything was made in U.S.A., even the hydraulics. This sucks, you don't know who to trust any more. Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad
AZFairlane
AZFairlane
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Anyone near Aurora, MO want to go kick some ass for me? Empty Re: Anyone near Aurora, MO want to go kick some ass for me?

Post  56Tbird July 30th 2012, 5:46 pm

Man that sucks big time..That must've been a hell of a lift if $4100 was half down? If Mo. is Montana..ThunderChicken is out there,he's always up for kickin some ass!!You might wanna give him a shout!
56Tbird
56Tbird
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Anyone near Aurora, MO want to go kick some ass for me? Empty Re: Anyone near Aurora, MO want to go kick some ass for me?

Post  AZFairlane July 30th 2012, 5:53 pm

nope, MO is Missouri. It was going to be a nice lift. Extra wide and heavy for my dually and two sliding jacks to lift up both ends for axle work or rotating tires.
I really don't expect anyone to go Rambo for me, I don't even know if I'll be able to find the people responsible. i'm trying other avenues of getting the money back, just don't know if it will work. Sad Evil or Very Mad
AZFairlane
AZFairlane
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  richter69 July 30th 2012, 5:55 pm

Our local news stations love to go to bat for people in your situation...............I rekon if they are out of business maybe some legal action?
richter69
richter69

Back to top Go down

Post  AZFairlane July 30th 2012, 6:01 pm

We have those kind of things at our stations too, I just didn't know if they would do anything being that the company is out of state.
AZFairlane
AZFairlane
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  56Tbird July 30th 2012, 6:35 pm

That's terrible ! you'll be lucky to get anything back. It'll probably be hard as hell to locate them. Good luck !
56Tbird
56Tbird
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  Barney July 30th 2012, 7:06 pm

If they truly are shut down they will be filing bankruptcy soon and you will probably never see a dime back, hopefully it's just a mistake.
Barney
Barney

http://www.hdraracingseries.com

Back to top Go down

Post  jasonf July 30th 2012, 8:15 pm

Did you pay with visa? Maybe you would have some protection that way.
jasonf
jasonf
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  AZFairlane July 30th 2012, 8:19 pm

I did pay with a Visa card, but they said it might not work if they are already closed or have filed bankruptcy. Evil or Very Mad
AZFairlane
AZFairlane
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  jasonf July 30th 2012, 8:22 pm

"they" as in your visa company? I would be getting an answer straight from the horses mouth for that kinda chingola.
jasonf
jasonf
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  AZFairlane July 30th 2012, 8:24 pm

My Credit Union, who talked to Visa, they are sending me the paperwork to file to see if they can recover the money.
I always thought you were covered on purchases that have gone bad, but the way it's being relayed to me, it's only if visa can recover the money. (bullshit)
AZFairlane
AZFairlane
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  61coon July 30th 2012, 9:32 pm

AZ, Wes Littrell is from Missouri, turn that big sucka loose on 'em. Garonteeee ya he can take care of 'em. On a serious note. I do hope you get your money back man. It sucks being taken like that, it's happened to me before. Just a bad deal all around. If you can't get your money....all I know to do is rally the troops. I'm in.---RED
61coon
61coon

Back to top Go down

Post  AZFairlane July 31st 2012, 1:46 pm

I just found out that they filed bankruptcy in Jan. and by the time they got my money the court was selling off their equipment and they had already lost their building. Sounds to me like he took my money knowing full well he wasn't going to build any more lifts. This just keeps getting better and better. Mad
AZFairlane
AZFairlane
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  BigBlockRanger July 31st 2012, 3:46 pm

Not the same company, but a good thread to read about lift companies:

http://forums.corvetteforum.com/c6-corvette-general-discussion/2887268-has-superlifts-screwed-anyone-else-out-of-money.html
BigBlockRanger
BigBlockRanger

Back to top Go down

Post  BigBlockRanger July 31st 2012, 3:54 pm

Something's goofy because if they were already out of business why was this dude (supposedly the owner of Mid-America's brother) posting about his new lift a month ago? Something's not right.

http://www.yellowbullet.com/forum/showthread.php?t=484577
BigBlockRanger
BigBlockRanger

Back to top Go down

Post  AZFairlane July 31st 2012, 4:43 pm

Because I'm starting to believe they are all crooks and they are skipping hand in hand straight to the back with stolen money. Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad
AZFairlane
AZFairlane
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  69F100 August 1st 2012, 2:05 am

Joe had he already filled when you bought the lift or after you bought if he sold it to you after he filed bankrupt if after you can sue him for it if you can find him.I know when I bought my trailer Pace had not filed that I knew of but right after I bought my trailer they layed all of us off said they was filing bankrupt and I never got the title to my trailer and I found out they was nothing I could do about it and now I have a homemade pace trailer bringing my trailer value down.Joe I wish you luck on getting your money back
69F100
69F100
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  Wayne Pearce August 1st 2012, 9:01 am

I was talking to a guy at a local cruise last night, he said he was waiting for his lift to be delivered. I asked him if it was a Mid America lift, he said "yes, why do you ask?" - when I told him that they're in bankruptcy, and how I've read here, and on Yellow Bullet how guys have been screwed out of their money, he wouldn't believe me - but he looked like his heart sank! He also said he didn't pay with a credit card, but a certified bank check - several months ago!

Wayne (SAWDOFF) Pearce

Wayne Pearce

Back to top Go down

Post  AZFairlane August 1st 2012, 11:02 am

I got a "Notice of Bankruptcy" in the mail yesterday. One of the things it said was, "Do not file a claim at this time", I read a little farther and it said because there were no assets in the bankruptcy to sell off to pay anyone.
So, it looks like they got off without having to pay back any monies owed to anybody.
After doing some research of my own and reading about countless others involved in the same type of scam, I have come to the conclusion that there is something really wrong going on in SW Missouri, and it's been going on for years. There is no way that I would buy any automotive equipment from that area, lifts, parts washers, etc. The principals in these businesses are all tied together somehow, they open a business run it for a while, then start screwing everyone over, then file bankruptcy. And before you know it, poof, another company is born.
All I'm saying is be very wary of anyone right now that wants lots of money down and a long delivery time. PAY WITH A CREDIT CARD, not a debit card. Do your research before you send them a dime, the internet and Google are your friends.
AZFairlane
AZFairlane
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  69F100 August 1st 2012, 12:36 pm

AZFairlane wrote:I got a "Notice of Bankruptcy" in the mail yesterday. One of the things it said was, "Do not file a claim at this time", I read a little farther and it said because there were no assets in the bankruptcy to sell off to pay anyone.
So, it looks like they got off without having to pay back any monies owed to anybody.
After doing some research of my own and reading about countless others involved in the same type of scam, I have come to the conclusion that there is something really wrong going on in SW Missouri, and it's been going on for years. There is no way that I would buy any automotive equipment from that area, lifts, parts washers, etc. The principals in these businesses are all tied together somehow, they open a business run it for a while, then start screwing everyone over, then file bankruptcy. And before you know it, poof, another company is born.
All I'm saying is be very wary of anyone right now that wants lots of money down and a long delivery time. PAY WITH A CREDIT CARD, not a debit card. Do your research before you send them a dime, the internet and Google are your friends.

Joe that is about the same thing I was told about my trailer title aleast I did already have the trailer and they could not touch with the bill of sales.
69F100
69F100
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  richter69 August 1st 2012, 12:54 pm

I'd bump that yellowbullet thread on a daily basis if it were me.......
richter69
richter69

Back to top Go down

Post  Barney August 1st 2012, 2:18 pm

We deal with it all the time in the line of work I'm in on commercial properties. They'll file BR the transfer names and FEINs and there nothing you can do except keep it wrapped up in court with liens. Sorry it happened to you Joe. Its a sociatal acceptance thing, a law that was meant to help those in need that has been bastardized to the point of corruption, really sad.
Barney
Barney

http://www.hdraracingseries.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Wes Littrell August 6th 2012, 7:12 am

Sorry to hear.I think I've seen them guys at the street rod nationals at Springfield.Looked like a nice lift.I can't believe the nerve of people to let it go so far to just keep taking peoples money knowing the weren't going to deliver.Crooks like that need to be hanging from a tree somewhere.
Wes Littrell
Wes Littrell

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down