BIG BLOCK FORD
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Suring WI Pull

5 posters

Go down

Suring WI Pull Empty Suring WI Pull

Post  TRUKPULR September 1st 2012, 6:04 pm

Suring WI

Well there was some concern over the Track at Suring, We heard they added 6 truck loads of Sand to the beautiful clay track they had there. We where worried about it taking away some of the bite this track was known for. Well I can say it has changed the track, Last year it was the later you pulled the better you did .. this year it's the earlier you pulled the better you did .

Well Ed McClain was the first Puller in the class and he pulled the sled to the 334.27' with a track speed of 20.1 Mph. He kept his pull and Pat said the Sled was good seeing the track here was 400 feet long.
So ShaZam was up next so I got all hooked up and pulled the chain tight. I made sure all the switches where on and set the Tach to Record, and brought the R's up to 5000 and slipped it off the line, As I got to the 100' mark ShaZam had three Traction hops and then I once again I felt ShaZam tuck her A$$ and the r's came up to 7900 and ran there most of the way with a little 8300 blip at the 310' mark Pat hit me with the last stage and ShaZam slid to a stop at the 364.67' mark with a track speed of 28 mph. Longest and fastest pull so far today. Cool beans so back to the trailer to change tires and watch as the other guys try to knock me off the thrown tonight.

Next up was Bruce Wagner with Bad to the Bone. Now I knew Bruce has been whopping up on me all season, he left the line and had a good run down the track but when he spun out the announcer said he pulled 360.80' with a track speed of 26.4 mph. Cool one bullet down and 3 more to dodge.

Next up was Derek Peetz he came off the line hard and had a good pull with Pat stopping him at the 355.73' mark with a track speed of 25.3 mph . I see the track is going away again down on the finish area.

Next up was Ben Holtger he had a good pull seeing he's really only a Open Stock Truck playing in Super Stock Class but he pulled the sled 336.62 with a speed of 20.1 mph.

Last truck in the class tonight was Jeff Koller from Manitowoc WI. He muscled his way off the line and had a good run going but at the 320 mark he blew a head gasket and had a big cloud of smoke come out from under the hood, Jeff shut it down at the 324.71' mark with a track speed of 18.7 mph.

So ShaZam is 1st tonight in Super Stock, Changed Tires and waited for Mod 4x4 to come up.

Tonight Bruce Wagner was 1st to hook then Craig, Derek, Me and Ed was the last puller.

So and hour passes and it's time for the Mod trucks.

Bruce hooks up to the sled and came out of the hole to easy and Bad to the Bone almost fell on it's face but with a little side step on the clutch she came to life and the tires stayed hooked to the track right off the line at mid track Bruce had a great run going Pat hit him with the last stage and I heard his motor bend down at the end of the track just how we always talked about it should in the perfect world. So except for the little bog off the line I'd say Bruce had as most perfect run you can have in pulling. Sitting at 336.09' and a track speed of 26 mph, I couldn't believe it when I heard the announcer say Bruce turned it down to try again.

Pat was happy with the sled setting so it was Craig's turn to show Bruce weather he Messed up or not.

Craig got the chain tight and as he got the green flag He eased it off the line and Cold Ethyl came to life at the 75' mark and he was picking up speed when Pat slapped the last stage on him Craig stopped at the 333.87' mark with a track speed of 27.4 mph.
And I seen the writing on the wall 1.4 mph faster 3' shorter .

OK Derek is up next he gets all hooked up and then as he was coming off the line his motor seem to babble a little at 6500 then it Junked the motor 10 feet off the line, he had water and oil running out of the bottom. Not a good thing at all.

So ShaZam is up next and we have this big spill on the track which they think they can just scrape up with the leveler But all it does is just hide the fact that it's there.
So I try to straddle the area where the spill was get hooked to the sled and pull the chain tight.
As I get the green flag I bring the r's up to 5000 and start taking off and as I get to the spill area I made it thru with out over spinning the tires and then it was Hammer down and hang on for the ride. I didn't feel ShaZam tuck and roll this time like she did in Super, But I still had a good run going, when the last stage hit me I slid to a stop at the 325.47' mark with a track speed of 27.2 mph. ShaZam is 2nd place now.

Next up was Ed McClain as he got hooked to the sled he did his normal three burst of Power Rev's then put it in gear and took off Pat stopped Ed at the 287.20' mark with a track speed of 22.3 mph.

OK Bruce is coming back for his re-pull and he gets hooked to the sled, Pulls the chain tight and gets the green flag. As he leaves the line this time he gets his r's up right off the line and had good mid track run and as the last stage hit him Bad the to Bone stopped at the 329.20' mark and had a track speed of 27.4 mph. So yes Bruce threw away the winning pull tonight. But still knock me down to 3rd for the day in Mod.

OK I decided to stay home the rest of the weekend and spend some quality time with the bride. So next pull will be at Lena Dairy Fest Saturday Sept 8th Pull Starts at 4:30 p.m. See ya there.

Dan and ShaZam
TRUKPULR
TRUKPULR

http://www.shazampulling.com

Back to top Go down

Suring WI Pull Empty Re: Suring WI Pull

Post  dfree383 September 1st 2012, 11:04 pm

Thanks for posting Dan..... Congrats on the first place!
dfree383
dfree383
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  IDT-572 September 1st 2012, 11:29 pm

Thanks Dan I enjoyed reading as usual........... I miss pulling bad. I am going with a friend of mine next Thursday night to pull his stock F350 single wheel 460 powered truck at the Lincoln county fair.

Don't stop posting............. Cool
IDT-572
IDT-572
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  Old blue Racin Team September 1st 2012, 11:36 pm

Congrats on placing!!
Old blue Racin Team
Old blue Racin Team

Back to top Go down

Post  dino September 1st 2012, 11:49 pm

hey congrats on the win and good finishes i saw the last one i read u won as well, must be running real well. always enjoy reading ur posts i know how much work it is too keep track of everything and then post it up on here for us fellow ford fans to read thru and admire. good job

dino

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down