BIG BLOCK FORD
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BES RACING A-460 cylinder heads for sale

+19
yellowhorse7
Letson54
QtrWarrior
Lem Evans
whatbumper
dr's wife racing
Larry Williams
the Coug
mr.horsepower
cool40
NOS42
DanH
342g
c.evans
richter69
bruno
schmitty
powerstrokeace
Mahoney3105
23 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

BES RACING A-460 cylinder heads for sale  - Page 2 Empty Re: BES RACING A-460 cylinder heads for sale

Post  mr.horsepower September 24th 2012, 5:48 am

c.evans wrote:The 4.000" stroke sounds right to me, because an Eliminator block with the 4.700" bore and the 4.000" stroke gives you 554.9 CID. He had to use a BIG bore block to get the 2.500" diameter intake valves in.

Charlie

My idt heads have a 2.5 valve and im running them on a 4.625 bore with no issues of any kind so i dont see why this head would be any differant! Unshrouding the valve a little more maybe!
mr.horsepower
mr.horsepower

Back to top Go down

BES RACING A-460 cylinder heads for sale  - Page 2 Empty Re: BES RACING A-460 cylinder heads for sale

Post  Mahoney3105 September 24th 2012, 8:33 am

c.evans wrote:
Mahoney3105 wrote:
c.evans wrote:The 4.000" stroke sounds right to me, because an Eliminator block with the 4.700" bore and the 4.000" stroke gives you 554.9 CID. He had to use a BIG bore block to get the 2.500" diameter intake valves in.

Charlie
yup you got it premier block 4.700 bore with the 4 inch stroke 2.500 valves and they staggered the heads 200 thousands she likes to rev Very Happy

Did you stagger the heads .200" or did you mean .020"? In other words did you have to elongate the head bolt bosses a bunch (.200"), or just stagger the heads a little within the existing round head bolt holes with off-set dowels?

Thanks,
Charlie
. Heads were staggered .200" and from my understanding Tony did this for better valve placement i'n the cylinder

Mahoney3105

Back to top Go down

Post  Mahoney3105 September 24th 2012, 5:10 pm

ok ill delete it

Last edited by Mahoney3105 on September 24th 2012, 6:50 pm; edited 1 time in total

Mahoney3105

Back to top Go down

Post  the Coug September 24th 2012, 5:17 pm

you know it really doesn't matter if it is GOLD plated RULES are RULES they are here for a reason plain and simple untill you haver 25 Post you can't SELL it is to protect the members from Scammers coming on and selling parts then not delivering.... and there are some that come here to sell their JUNK and nothing else.... excuse me but that was not to offend you just the way it is.....
the Coug
the Coug

Back to top Go down

Post  bruno September 24th 2012, 6:02 pm

the Coug wrote:you know it really doesn't matter if it is GOLD plated RULES are RULES they are here for a reason plain and simple untill you haver 25 Post you can't SELL it is to protect the members from Scammers coming on and selling parts then not delivering.... and there are some that come here to sell their JUNK and nothing else.... excuse me but that was not to offend you just the way it is.....

thnxs coug for pointing that out ....... he is not a scammer Laughing

www.OakleyMotorsports.com
www.Induction-Solutions.com
www.bfevansraceparts.com
www.ultimateconverter.com
www.keithfulpmotorsports.com
bruno
bruno

http://WWW.CKRME.COM

Back to top Go down

Post  Larry Williams September 24th 2012, 6:09 pm

bruno wrote:
the Coug wrote:you know it really doesn't matter if it is GOLD plated RULES are RULES they are here for a reason plain and simple untill you haver 25 Post you can't SELL it is to protect the members from Scammers coming on and selling parts then not delivering.... and there are some that come here to sell their JUNK and nothing else.... excuse me but that was not to offend you just the way it is.....

I will vouch for Wade as well.
Larry Williams
Larry Williams

Back to top Go down

Post  the Coug September 24th 2012, 6:11 pm

bruno wrote:

Bruno WHY do you have these RULES then? it is not hard to get 25 post and participate in the board is it ?

just because you know him does that make him special? or is it favoritism?
the Coug
the Coug

Back to top Go down

Post  mr.horsepower September 24th 2012, 6:21 pm

Delete the post, i got a set of heads id like to list on here but im sure it wouldnt fly with my 11 posts!
mr.horsepower
mr.horsepower

Back to top Go down

Post  Larry Williams September 24th 2012, 7:43 pm

the Coug wrote:
bruno wrote:

Bruno WHY do you have these RULES then? it is not hard to get 25 post and participate in the board is it ?

I understand your position Coug. Correct me if I am wrong but isn't the intent of the rule to make it more difficult for scammers?

I don't think vouching for someone is playing favourites. Wouldn't you rather buy from someone that others on here, that you may trust, have trust in the seller?

Larry Williams
Larry Williams

Back to top Go down

Post  bruno September 24th 2012, 8:11 pm

the Coug wrote:
bruno wrote:

the rules are so people dont get scamed , the participation is for the vendors dont just come on here and make money but that they participate ....if you cant understand that ...im sorry

its my decision wayde can post in the for sale section

www.bfevansraceparts.com
bruno
bruno

Back to top Go down

Post  richter69 September 24th 2012, 8:43 pm

Whatcha got ta say bout that Coug??????
richter69
richter69

Back to top Go down

Post  schmitty September 24th 2012, 10:21 pm

bruno wrote:
the Coug wrote:
bruno wrote:

the rules are so people dont get scamed , the participation is for the vendors dont just come on here and make money but that they participate ....if you cant understand that ...im sorry

its my decision wayde can post in the for sale section

And it is your place. I'm ok with it, as long as he has the cred with the big guy. We still need the pics and location though. Very nice pieces indeed and I hope you find a buyer. Cool
schmitty
schmitty

Back to top Go down

Post  schmitty September 24th 2012, 10:25 pm

richter69 wrote:Whatcha got ta say bout that Coug??????

I say you loan a few of your posts to get Wayde over the top, and it'll all be good. You have enough to lend out to a couple hundred guys and still be on the top of the page. And at least your posts are worthy of reading and informative, so they would be getting top quality stuff. Very Happy
schmitty
schmitty

Back to top Go down

Post  Mahoney3105 September 25th 2012, 9:07 am

8641 posts lol that's a lot lend me a few Bruno lol Very Happy

Mahoney3105

Back to top Go down

Post  dr's wife racing September 25th 2012, 9:26 am

I have no dog in this fight but if there is a respected long term member here who is willing to put there name and reputation out there I have no problem with a few exceptions being made to the rules.We need good new members here,alot of people don't have alot of time or desire to set around and make a useless post. Posting rules for selling don't make much sense away .If anyone wants to run a scam you think they won't spend the time to spill out a few useless post?
I,ve referred several people to to members here to buy/sell things but only when I,m willing to put my name out there for them.i See no reason to run off potental good members if they come with a reference. Just MHO.
dr's wife racing
dr's wife racing
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  NOS42 September 25th 2012, 12:35 pm

[quote="dr's wife racing"]I have no dog in this fight but if there is a respected long term member here who is willing to put there name and reputation out there I have no problem with a few exceptions being made to the rules.We need good new members here,alot of people don't have alot of time or desire to set around and make a useless post. Posting rules for selling don't make much sense away .If anyone wants to run a scam you think they won't spend the time to spill out a few useless post?
I,ve referred several people to to members here to buy/sell things but only when I,m willing to put my name out there for them.i See no reason to run off potental good members if they come with a reference. Just MHO.[/q uote]

x2 well said
NOS42
NOS42

Back to top Go down

Post  the Coug September 25th 2012, 3:02 pm

so you own a place and rules say no peeing in the floor. you make everyone do it but then the owner comes in says it is ok for this one guy to do it cuz he will vouch for him.

Rules are rules NO EXCEPTIONS 25 post is not like you are asking for the Son of a gun to make 1000 before he can ,,,,,,,, I don't give a CRAP if he is the President.

So Mr horse power sell away the Rules mean Not a Damn thing....
the Coug
the Coug

Back to top Go down

Post  bruno September 25th 2012, 4:12 pm

the Coug wrote:so you own a place and rules say no peeing in the floor. you make everyone do it but then the owner comes in says it is ok for this one guy to do it cuz he will vouch for him.

Rules are rules NO EXCEPTIONS 25 post is not like you are asking for the Son of a gun to make 1000 before he can ,,,,,,,, I don't give a CRAP if he is the President.

So Mr horse power sell away the Rules mean Not a Damn thing....

not a very good comparision ....... scratch

www.bfevansraceparts.com
bruno
bruno

Back to top Go down

Post  whatbumper September 25th 2012, 4:31 pm

if this post keeps going, he will get those 25 in. LOL

whatbumper

Back to top Go down

Post  richter69 September 25th 2012, 4:36 pm

bump
richter69
richter69

Back to top Go down

Post  Lem Evans September 25th 2012, 4:37 pm

richter69 wrote:bump

Ironcat

Lem Evans

http://bfevansraceparts.com

Back to top Go down

Post  bruno September 25th 2012, 5:18 pm

i hope he sells them fast with all this activity ...i need my commision ck asap Very Happy

www.bfevansraceparts.com
bruno
bruno

Back to top Go down

Post  Larry Williams September 25th 2012, 5:22 pm

bruno wrote:i hope he sells them fast with all this activity ...i need my commision ck asap Very Happy

it will be in canadian tire money
Larry Williams
Larry Williams

Back to top Go down

Post  the Coug September 25th 2012, 5:22 pm

bruno wrote:i hope he sells them fast with all this activity ...i need my commision ck asap Very Happy

I got your commision check swinging right here Razz

I hope he sells them also but these are such one off pieces there has to be only one combo it will work with, everything is special....

Last edited by the Coug on September 25th 2012, 5:30 pm; edited 1 time in total
the Coug
the Coug

Back to top Go down

Post  QtrWarrior September 25th 2012, 5:27 pm

dr's wife racing wrote:I have no dog in this fight but if there is a respected long term member here who is willing to put there name and reputation out there I have no problem with a few exceptions being made to the rules.We need good new members here,alot of people don't have alot of time or desire to set around and make a useless post. Posting rules for selling don't make much sense away .If anyone wants to run a scam you think they won't spend the time to spill out a few useless post?
I,ve referred several people to to members here to buy/sell things but only when I,m willing to put my name out there for them.i See no reason to run off potental good members if they come with a reference. Just MHO.

X3
QtrWarrior
QtrWarrior

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next