to the Evans? head port work

Go down

to the Evans? head port work

Post  2fox on October 30th 2012, 12:02 am

Will I don't have a BFF .I got a 408 W stock block all the good eagle 4340 stuff Srp flat tops cam motion solid roller cam I got. 700 lift. I got out of the box Victor jrs. 2.05/1.60 stock they flow 276/197 @.700 my cam specs are.
262/273@.050 with. .700/.686 lift on 112 nos cam btw.
I got cranking compression of 195 psi.
In 83 Gt that I brought new in Sept.83
the stock block is. 030 over. 012 deck clearance, heads? 60 cc's? My VTPC is close.
well my? Is can you port these heads for me?
I got a super Victor intake also that could use work.
also I'm running a 1000cfm race demon Carb. 1.72 rockers jomar girddle. Old headman 1 3/4 headders
full weight no AC running Old TKO trans pro motion clutch. And 3.73's
on just motor only 2 passes a run 11.23@124
On 200 shot 10.09@138 with 1.44 60ft.

What can U do. With my current heads is 330-340 intake possible?
motor like 7600/7800 rpms any lower don't run as fast.
this motor I built in 2006 broke it in for 60 on the street.its got 75 miles on the trip now.can I get 10.0's without the nos

Note I got a PA SUPER COMP TRANS w brake and 3500 stall converter with anti ballooning rind all brand new.will I be faster with the C4. Let me know thanks. GARY

2fox

Posts : 275
Join date : 2012-01-04
Age : 42
Location : Okla. the 405

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: to the Evans? head port work

Post  c.evans on October 30th 2012, 12:53 am

2fox wrote:Will I don't have a BFF .I got a 408 W stock block all the good eagle 4340 stuff Srp flat tops cam motion solid roller cam I got. 700 lift. I got out of the box Victor jrs. 2.05/1.60 stock they flow 276/197 @.700 my cam specs are.
262/273@.050 with. .700/.686 lift on 112 nos cam btw.
I got cranking compression of 195 psi.
In 83 Gt that I brought new in Sept.83
the stock block is. 030 over. 012 deck clearance, heads? 60 cc's? My VTPC is close.
well my? Is can you port these heads for me?
I got a super Victor intake also that could use work.
also I'm running a 1000cfm race demon Carb. 1.72 rockers jomar girddle. Old headman 1 3/4 headders
full weight no AC running Old TKO trans pro motion clutch. And 3.73's
on just motor only 2 passes a run 11.23@124
On 200 shot 10.09@138 with 1.44 60ft.

What can U do. With my current heads is 330-340 intake possible?
motor like 7600/7800 rpms any lower don't run as fast.
this motor I built in 2006 broke it in for 60 on the street.its got 75 miles on the trip now.can I get 10.0's without the nos

Note I got a PA SUPER COMP TRANS w brake and 3500 stall converter with anti ballooning rind all brand new.will I be faster with the C4. Let me know thanks. GARY


Gary,

I'm having a hard time sorting through everything you have posted, but I think your real question to me is; can I port your heads for you? The answer is yes I can. Next question is can I get them to flow 330-340 cfm and the answer is no I can not. We can get them to bust 300 cfm though and if we change the intake valve diameter to a 2.08 or up to a 2.125" we can do even better.

Having said that, I'm not so sure that spending money for new intake valves is the most cost effective upgrade you need to do. I believe there are some other areas of your combo that may need attention.

Charlie Evans

c.evans
BBF VENDOR SPONSOR
BBF VENDOR SPONSOR

Posts : 2208
Join date : 2008-12-03

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: to the Evans? head port work

Post  2fox on October 30th 2012, 5:18 am

Charlie, my combo has no more then 12.1 comp I think?
Things you say are true.I need more comp. Better heads bigger cam man o war big bore block and bigger headders correct? Can you put a 2.125 intake valve in a 4.030 bore? If I go with a 2.08 I will be cutting my valve to piston clearance even closer correct. Do they make a big bore Bock that has a 4.125 bore. I know the best heads are the Yates and victors.then the trick flow R's. What heads do NASCAR fords run? Can't you buy use parts.from them? Race only motor now.
or would.I be better or cheaper to build a say 528/557 with p 51's? Or scj alum Heads from summit
With a 250 shot on a stock block?
Goal is to run 10.0 with no nitrous will be putting this motor in a lighter tubbed and ladder.bared 86 Lx coupe.

What you charge to say port my heads I have now with the 2.08 intake valve? And the intake pm me if you want
sorry about the typos. Iam not.all there anymore the 80&90's where hard on me.
thanks Gary

2fox

Posts : 275
Join date : 2012-01-04
Age : 42
Location : Okla. the 405

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: to the Evans? head port work

Post  rmcomprandy on October 30th 2012, 11:42 am

If it was mine ... I would change the heads to a set of Trick Flow CNC'd "high ports", (especially considering the nitrous), and rev it a bit higher with slightly more rear gear; maybe a set of 1 7/8" headers, too.

rmcomprandy

Posts : 4985
Join date : 2008-12-02
Location : Roseville, Michigan

View user profile http://www.rmcompetition.com

Back to top Go down

Re: to the Evans? head port work

Post  2fox on November 2nd 2012, 10:33 pm

Mr Evans what you charge me to port my heads to the Max. Will the intake need to be matches also?
on my Vic jrs want to stay with the 2.05/1.60 valves. What the Max I can get out of these.cfms. ? Thanks
BTW what flow #'s should I have with this combo? Its mainly a nitrous motor.

2fox

Posts : 275
Join date : 2012-01-04
Age : 42
Location : Okla. the 405

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: to the Evans? head port work

Post  Larry Williams on November 2nd 2012, 11:14 pm

2fox wrote:Mr Evans what you charge me to port my heads to the Max. Will the intake need to be matches also?
on my Vic jrs want to stay with the 2.05/1.60 valves. What the Max I can get out of these.cfms. ? Thanks
BTW what flow #'s should I have with this combo? Its mainly a nitrous motor.

try going to the AFR web site for the 225 heads. all flow numbers are there and should compare with your heads ported.

I use the afr 225 heads and am very happy with them
avatar
Larry Williams

Posts : 884
Join date : 2009-08-08
Age : 73
Location : Wallacetown Ontario

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: to the Evans? head port work

Post  c.evans on November 2nd 2012, 11:23 pm

GARY,

I'm sorry I did not see this. I've been busy all week and I just sent you a P M.

Thanks,
Charlie

c.evans
BBF VENDOR SPONSOR
BBF VENDOR SPONSOR

Posts : 2208
Join date : 2008-12-03

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: to the Evans? head port work

Post  2fox on November 2nd 2012, 11:48 pm

That's OK Charlie we all been busy. Thanks

2fox

Posts : 275
Join date : 2012-01-04
Age : 42
Location : Okla. the 405

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: to the Evans? head port work

Post  D-CEL on November 12th 2012, 11:18 am

Praise be given to Charlie for wading though the sea of failed English classes......

D-cel
avatar
D-CEL

Posts : 13
Join date : 2009-10-09

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: to the Evans? head port work

Post  2fox on November 15th 2012, 10:28 pm

D-CEL wrote:Praise be given to Charlie for wading though the sea of failed English classes......

D-cel
Hey Dcel. Not everyone is blesses with a spoonup their ass like you.but thanks for noticing. Yes I had to drop out to support my 1st wife and my newborn back in the day.but Hey Iam happy and doing just fine now. I hope you feel better Now.

2fox

Posts : 275
Join date : 2012-01-04
Age : 42
Location : Okla. the 405

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: to the Evans? head port work

Post  richter69 on November 15th 2012, 11:21 pm

why the tight converter? smallblocks are blessed with all the torque like the BBFs are.
avatar
richter69

Posts : 13645
Join date : 2008-12-02
Age : 47
Location : In the winners circle

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: to the Evans? head port work

Post  2fox on November 16th 2012, 7:46 am

richter69 wrote:why the tight converter? smallblocks are blessed with all the torque like the BBFs are.
I spray. Out the Gate! I got a deal. On the trans and converter off CL its what the Guy had never been used. Was still bolted to the pallet. Do I need more?
I might just be selling this project car as of now. My health is getting the worst of me.

2fox

Posts : 275
Join date : 2012-01-04
Age : 42
Location : Okla. the 405

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum