2012 f150 shifting

View previous topic View next topic Go down

2012 f150 shifting

Post  Dave Maxwell on November 16th 2012, 7:01 pm

Father in law took his 2012 f150 ecoboost in today because it shifts hard on take offs. 15,000 miles. They did an update if some kind. Better but still there. They said it adjust to the driver. Since it isn't always driven by him it will shift hard because it doesn't know what to do. Is that a load or what.

Dave Maxwell

Posts: 576
Join date: 2009-08-13
Age: 44
Location: Kickapoo Il.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 2012 f150 shifting

Post  bruno on November 16th 2012, 9:48 pm

lube the driveshaft ....... tsb ..... caused an adrupt bang during take off

_________________
coming soon x275 build .........
thanks to all my sponsors :

www.OakleyMotorsports.com
www.Induction-Solutions.com
www.bfevansraceparts.com
www.ultimateconverter.com
www.keithfulpmotorsports.com

bruno
Moderator
Moderator

Posts: 9602
Join date: 2008-12-02
Age: 41
Location: MILLBROOK , AL.

View user profile http://WWW.CKRME.COM

Back to top Go down

Re: 2012 f150 shifting

Post  Dave Maxwell on November 16th 2012, 9:53 pm

Will try that. Thanks. Dealer said the tranny was self learning and was adjusting to driving style.
Sometimes it pulls a trailer and others its his daily driver. Looking at an escape for wife.

Dave Maxwell

Posts: 576
Join date: 2009-08-13
Age: 44
Location: Kickapoo Il.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 2012 f150 shifting

Post  richter69 on November 16th 2012, 10:21 pm

adaptive strategy, those trannys shift like ass, good luck with it..........

richter69

Posts: 12879
Join date: 2008-12-02
Age: 43
Location: In the winners circle

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 2012 f150 shifting

Post  Dave Maxwell on November 17th 2012, 7:07 pm

Running out of vehicles to try. Edge is having issues at 122,000 my 500,the front end is ready to fall off it sounds like. Windstar needy a new tranny. Father in laws truck shifts so bad I would be pissed if I paid close to 50,000 for it. Not having much luck with my newer fords. Still love my old ones though. Is the escape any good. She is leaving toward Subaru. Hoping not, I had a 98 grand prix the front end was shot in 80,000. 01 ws6 trans am that had such bad piston slap I as embarassd to drive it. Don't expect to never have repair issues but major ones get old. I need a good newer ford again

Dave Maxwell

Posts: 576
Join date: 2009-08-13
Age: 44
Location: Kickapoo Il.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 2012 f150 shifting

Post  Dave Maxwell on November 19th 2012, 8:05 am

It's an 11 not 12 if that makes a difference. Nutton a little c4 (explosive) won't cure

Dave Maxwell

Posts: 576
Join date: 2009-08-13
Age: 44
Location: Kickapoo Il.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 2012 f150 shifting

Post  richter69 on November 19th 2012, 11:54 am

Dunno man, There's some Ford engineers on here let them have a stab at it. I cant fix poor designing.

richter69

Posts: 12879
Join date: 2008-12-02
Age: 43
Location: In the winners circle

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 2012 f150 shifting

Post  IDIeselman on November 19th 2012, 7:54 pm

Neither can they. While my 5.0 FX4 does everything great, my friends EB while also a very nice truck, had the same described shifting characteristics. After many attempts the service manager recommended http://www.5startuning.com/f150-5.0l-ecoboost/index.html and now his tranny seems to be great as well.

IDIeselman

Posts: 106
Join date: 2009-01-03
Location: Ludington MI

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 2012 f150 shifting

Post  Dave Maxwell on November 19th 2012, 7:57 pm

Will pass it on. Thanks. Reminds me of when my band was bad in my c6. Complete stop then clunk down shift . His has a clunk on take off also though

Dave Maxwell

Posts: 576
Join date: 2009-08-13
Age: 44
Location: Kickapoo Il.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 2012 f150 shifting

Post  IDIeselman on November 19th 2012, 8:26 pm

Dave Maxwell wrote:Will pass it on. Thanks. Reminds me of when my band was bad in my c6. Complete stop then clunk down shift . His has a clunk on take off also though
If it is the "clunk" while stopping and take off it may also be the dry splines in the D shaft. there is a TSB that actually is nothing more than pulling the shaft down and greasing the splines. Some do require a new shaft if they have been ran dry too long. http://www.f150forum.com/f38/slip-yoke-166899/



The clunk! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GFC8boB7RRs&feature=player_embedded

IDIeselman

Posts: 106
Join date: 2009-01-03
Location: Ludington MI

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 2012 f150 shifting

Post  richter69 on November 19th 2012, 9:23 pm

IDIeselman wrote:Neither can they. While my 5.0 FX4 does everything great, my friends EB while also a very nice truck, had the same described shifting characteristics. After many attempts the service manager recommended http://www.5startuning.com/f150-5.0l-ecoboost/index.html and now his tranny seems to be great as well.


lol, in other words the factory tuning is shit. nothing like buying a programmer to fix a new truck.

There are no one way rollers, sprags etc in that trans, its all clutch packs and press solenoids, lots of parts to apply and release and if the timing is too soon or too late poor shift quality is what you have......

richter69

Posts: 12879
Join date: 2008-12-02
Age: 43
Location: In the winners circle

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 2012 f150 shifting

Post  Bsherry on November 20th 2012, 4:36 am

Dave Maxwell wrote:Running out of vehicles to try. Edge is having issues at 122,000 my 500,the front end is ready to fall off it sounds like. Windstar needy a new tranny. Father in laws truck shifts so bad I would be pissed if I paid close to 50,000 for it. Not having much luck with my newer fords. Still love my old ones though. Is the escape any good. She is leaving toward Subaru. Hoping not, I had a 98 grand prix the front end was shot in 80,000. 01 ws6 trans am that had such bad piston slap I as embarassd to drive it. Don't expect to never have repair issues but major ones get old. I need a good newer ford again

We have a 2009 Escape with the 3.0L V-6. Has never been back to B.F. Evans for anything! It is a very reliable vehicle. The 2013 is all new and don't know much about it. A 2011 or 2012 will be just fine. You should get onto the Ford truck site and read up on the different models. http://www.ford-trucks.com/

Bruce

Bsherry
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Posts: 173
Join date: 2009-08-07
Age: 54
Location: Virginia

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 2012 f150 shifting

Post  dfree383 on November 20th 2012, 6:15 am

My 2010 F150 have been fine also. It does shift a little hard from time to time but hasn't been annoying enought to complain about it.

dfree383
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Posts: 10921
Join date: 2009-07-09
Location: Everywhere

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 2012 f150 shifting

Post  Dave Maxwell on November 27th 2012, 12:28 pm

Well wife's edge made a clunk clunk sound and felt like I was on a rumble strip. Still will move but doesn't sound pretty. Should have traded when it hit 100,000. 120,000 on it not sure if it worth a tranny. Engine might be next

Dave Maxwell

Posts: 576
Join date: 2009-08-13
Age: 44
Location: Kickapoo Il.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 2012 f150 shifting

Post  Mark Miller on November 28th 2012, 1:07 am

dfree383 wrote:My 2010 F150 have been fine also. It does shift a little hard from time to time but hasn't been annoying enought to complain about it.

My 2011 F-150 Supercab 4X4 with the EcoBoost V-6 shifts hard into 4th gear sometimes but not very often.

Later Mark.

Mark Miller

Posts: 874
Join date: 2009-08-31

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top


Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum