Anti-reversion plates

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Anti-reversion plates

Post  Dave De on December 9th 2012, 12:17 pm

I understand the flow theory but see mixed results comments on the web.
What would I gain with my set-up? (580 cubes, victor or mafia with 1050 dominator and roller .680 lift 280/290 Dur at .050, below 7000 rpm)
I know I'm under carb'd.

Thanks,
Dave


Last edited by Dave De on December 9th 2012, 12:53 pm; edited 1 time in total
avatar
Dave De

Posts : 546
Join date : 2011-05-27
Location : Utica, MI

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Anti-reversion plates

Post  dfree383 on December 9th 2012, 12:32 pm

What heads?
avatar
dfree383
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Posts : 14130
Join date : 2009-07-09
Location : Home Wif Da Wife.....

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Anti-reversion plates

Post  Dave De on December 9th 2012, 12:47 pm

Dont know why the heads should matter as they are way down stream of the flow.
SCJ-B's with bowl work and back cut valves also P-51's will be very similar.
avatar
Dave De

Posts : 546
Join date : 2011-05-27
Location : Utica, MI

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Anti-reversion plates

Post  dfree383 on December 9th 2012, 1:07 pm

What are you hoping to gain? What's the application?
avatar
dfree383
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Posts : 14130
Join date : 2009-07-09
Location : Home Wif Da Wife.....

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Anti-reversion plates

Post  Lem Evans on December 9th 2012, 1:16 pm

Is this the style you speak of?


Lem Evans

Posts : 7104
Join date : 2008-12-03
Location : Livermore , Ky

View user profile http://bfevansraceparts.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Anti-reversion plates

Post  Dave De on December 9th 2012, 1:17 pm

dfree383 wrote:What are you hoping to gain? What's the application?

Pro-street Mustang 3100 pounds 70% strip.

What am i hoping to gain? Nothing if its not worth anything or something if its worth buying the plate and using it.
Seriously is this that difficult to post an experience?
avatar
Dave De

Posts : 546
Join date : 2011-05-27
Location : Utica, MI

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Anti-reversion plates

Post  Dave De on December 9th 2012, 1:19 pm

Lem Evans wrote:Is this the style you speak of?


Oh yeah

I've been thinnking about using the mafia manifold insted of that lame Victor.
avatar
Dave De

Posts : 546
Join date : 2011-05-27
Location : Utica, MI

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Anti-reversion plates

Post  Lem Evans on December 9th 2012, 1:21 pm

I've seen good results with them,,,,,,,,gotta work at & near the flange to accomadate the skirts of the spacer.

Lem Evans

Posts : 7104
Join date : 2008-12-03
Location : Livermore , Ky

View user profile http://bfevansraceparts.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Anti-reversion plates

Post  Lem Evans on December 9th 2012, 2:05 pm


Lem Evans

Posts : 7104
Join date : 2008-12-03
Location : Livermore , Ky

View user profile http://bfevansraceparts.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Anti-reversion plates

Post  Dave De on December 9th 2012, 3:17 pm

Lem Evans wrote:I've seen good results with them,,,,,,,,gotta work at & near the flange to accomadate the skirts of the spacer.

Could this be a bolt on for the mafia manifold? Gains on my type of build?
avatar
Dave De

Posts : 546
Join date : 2011-05-27
Location : Utica, MI

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Anti-reversion plates

Post  Lem Evans on December 9th 2012, 6:31 pm

Gains compared to.....no spacer, open spacer, HVH supersucker or Jomar power cone ?

Lem Evans

Posts : 7104
Join date : 2008-12-03
Location : Livermore , Ky

View user profile http://bfevansraceparts.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Anti-reversion plates

Post  quick 52 on December 9th 2012, 7:52 pm

Lem Evans wrote:I've seen good results with them,,,,,,,,gotta work at & near the flange to accomadate the skirts of the spacer.
the plates i've seen work even better come with braided tie down straps at each end of the plate and a ballast tank for the trunk

quick 52

Posts : 612
Join date : 2011-01-14
Age : 67
Location : leonard mi.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Anti-reversion plates

Post  dfree383 on December 9th 2012, 9:24 pm

Dave De wrote:
dfree383 wrote:What are you hoping to gain? What's the application?

Pro-street Mustang 3100 pounds 70% strip.

What am i hoping to gain? Nothing if its not worth anything or something if its worth buying the plate and using it.
Seriously is this that difficult to post an experience?

I did see any difference on my 2009 boss 9 emc entry, using a pair on a weiand tr and a pair of 1150's.

They may help a little with drivability, but I saw no power gain to speak of in my application.

If your worried about reversion and use yours on the street a decent amount, id suggest going with a different cam.
avatar
dfree383
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Posts : 14130
Join date : 2009-07-09
Location : Home Wif Da Wife.....

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Anti-reversion plates

Post  Lem Evans on December 9th 2012, 9:43 pm

dfree383 wrote:
Dave De wrote:
dfree383 wrote:What are you hoping to gain? What's the application?

Pro-street Mustang 3100 pounds 70% strip.

What am i hoping to gain? Nothing if its not worth anything or something if its worth buying the plate and using it.
Seriously is this that difficult to post an experience?

I did see any difference on my 2009 boss 9 emc entry, using a pair on a weiand tr and a pair of 1150's.

They may help a little with drivability, but I saw no power gain to speak of in my application.

If your worried about reversion and use yours on the street a decent amount, id suggest going with a different cam.


Dave, he very much does have a different cam and the T.R. very much does put the valve job a long way from the booster in the carb. from what he is doing with the 4 x 1 deal. Sometimes 'we' need to forget about that masters of the universe stuff and reflect on a guy's given appication.

I in no way think that it's the answer for all.... given that 'it' may reguire 'mods' to the manifold a 'drop-on' deal like the Jomar power Cone or HVH S.S. may be a great answer for many.

Lem Evans

Posts : 7104
Join date : 2008-12-03
Location : Livermore , Ky

View user profile http://bfevansraceparts.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Anti-reversion plates

Post  rmcomprandy on December 10th 2012, 1:14 am

quick 52 wrote:
Lem Evans wrote:I've seen good results with them,,,,,,,,gotta work at & near the flange to accomadate the skirts of the spacer.
the plates i've seen work even better come with braided tie down straps at each end of the plate and a ballast tank for the trunk

That's amusing, to say the least ...! Laughing

rmcomprandy

Posts : 5093
Join date : 2008-12-02
Location : Roseville, Michigan

View user profile http://www.rmcompetition.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Anti-reversion plates

Post  dfree383 on December 10th 2012, 1:21 am

Lem Evans wrote:
dfree383 wrote:
Dave De wrote:
dfree383 wrote:What are you hoping to gain? What's the application?

Pro-street Mustang 3100 pounds 70% strip.

What am i hoping to gain? Nothing if its not worth anything or something if its worth buying the plate and using it.
Seriously is this that difficult to post an experience?

I did see any difference on my 2009 boss 9 emc entry, using a pair on a weiand tr and a pair of 1150's.

They may help a little with drivability, but I saw no power gain to speak of in my application.

If your worried about reversion and use yours on the street a decent amount, id suggest going with a different cam.


Dave, he very much does have a different cam and the T.R. very much does put the valve job a long way from the booster in the carb. from what he is doing with the 4 x 1 deal. Sometimes 'we' need to forget about that masters of the universe stuff and reflect on a guy's given appication.

I in no way think that it's the answer for all.... given that 'it' may reguire 'mods' to the manifold a 'drop-on' deal like the Jomar power Cone or HVH S.S. may be a great answer for many.
Agreed.... but a smaller cam will go a long way in something being driven on the street, especially if he is concerned about reversion.

Another scenario comes to mind, is it a fix for a problem that isn't a problem?
avatar
dfree383
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Posts : 14130
Join date : 2009-07-09
Location : Home Wif Da Wife.....

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Anti-reversion plates

Post  Lem Evans on December 18th 2012, 8:28 pm

dfree383 wrote:
Lem Evans wrote:
dfree383 wrote:
Dave De wrote:
dfree383 wrote:What are you hoping to gain? What's the application?

Pro-street Mustang 3100 pounds 70% strip.

What am i hoping to gain? Nothing if its not worth anything or something if its worth buying the plate and using it.
Seriously is this that difficult to post an experience?

I did see any difference on my 2009 boss 9 emc entry, using a pair on a weiand tr and a pair of 1150's.

They may help a little with drivability, but I saw no power gain to speak of in my application.

If your worried about reversion and use yours on the street a decent amount, id suggest going with a different cam.


Dave, he very much does have a different cam and the T.R. very much does put the valve job a long way from the booster in the carb. from what he is doing with the 4 x 1 deal. Sometimes 'we' need to forget about that masters of the universe stuff and reflect on a guy's given appication.

I in no way think that it's the answer for all.... given that 'it' may reguire 'mods' to the manifold a 'drop-on' deal like the Jomar power Cone or HVH S.S. may be a great answer for many.
Agreed.... but a smaller cam will go a long way in something being driven on the street, especially if he is concerned about reversion.

Another scenario comes to mind, is it a fix for a problem that isn't a problem?

I don't think Mr. DeClerk thinks he has a 'reversion' issue. I suspect he used the "R" word because QFT calls them anti-reversion plates.
The long and the short of it is that that style of spacer does make more power in a lot of applications.



Last edited by Lem Evans on December 18th 2012, 8:48 pm; edited 1 time in total

Lem Evans

Posts : 7104
Join date : 2008-12-03
Location : Livermore , Ky

View user profile http://bfevansraceparts.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Anti-reversion plates

Post  richter69 on December 18th 2012, 8:34 pm

avatar
richter69

Posts : 13645
Join date : 2008-12-02
Age : 47
Location : In the winners circle

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Anti-reversion plates

Post  richter69 on December 18th 2012, 8:39 pm



avatar
richter69

Posts : 13645
Join date : 2008-12-02
Age : 47
Location : In the winners circle

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Anti-reversion plates

Post  Lem Evans on December 18th 2012, 8:47 pm

Where did you get those pictures of Freelander?

Fabio....he's gonna be back in the USA in 3 weeks and you may have to pay for your transgressions Evil or Very Mad

Lem Evans

Posts : 7104
Join date : 2008-12-03
Location : Livermore , Ky

View user profile http://bfevansraceparts.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Anti-reversion plates

Post  richter69 on December 18th 2012, 8:52 pm

he might use "The Sword of Power" on me............ affraid
avatar
richter69

Posts : 13645
Join date : 2008-12-02
Age : 47
Location : In the winners circle

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Anti-reversion plates

Post  c.evans on December 18th 2012, 9:00 pm

Fabio,

You've been watching way too many childrens cartoons or something Exclamation Man, I thought you worked for a living, but apparently not Exclamation Twisted Evil

Uncle Charlie

c.evans
BBF VENDOR SPONSOR
BBF VENDOR SPONSOR

Posts : 2209
Join date : 2008-12-03

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Anti-reversion plates

Post  richter69 on December 18th 2012, 9:05 pm

google is your friend....... and im off work........ Razz nothin to do in the shop im waitin on parts........
avatar
richter69

Posts : 13645
Join date : 2008-12-02
Age : 47
Location : In the winners circle

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Anti-reversion plates

Post  dfree383 on December 18th 2012, 10:29 pm

By the power of........... sunny
avatar
dfree383
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Posts : 14130
Join date : 2009-07-09
Location : Home Wif Da Wife.....

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Anti-reversion plates

Post  kjett on December 21st 2012, 10:38 am

dfree383 wrote:By the power of........... sunny

Camel toes?? farao
avatar
kjett

Posts : 1123
Join date : 2009-09-15
Location : Virginia

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum