BIG BLOCK FORD
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

about heads.looked at the sticky but ?

5 posters

Go down

about heads.looked at the sticky but ? Empty about heads.looked at the sticky but ?

Post  2fox January 18th 2013, 12:13 am

Building around A 557 engine with nitrous.
head?
Kasse's. Are.they P51?
also looking at the summitt alum SCJ head.they say they designed by kasse are they called P51's
do these require the.same pistons?

Other.options.are.TF's 290 port ..but think there to small
also.the.TF 325 cnc ed these.have.BBC raised exhast ports. And do the.make Headers to fit a.fox.body.

I like the TF 340's.and 360's but cost grand or 2 more.and not.cnc.ed all. these will require the TF special intake?

Sorry I need to pick your brains here. Any good used ones out there?
Thanks

2fox

Back to top Go down

about heads.looked at the sticky but ? Empty Re: about heads.looked at the sticky but ?

Post  schmitty January 18th 2013, 1:03 am

Jon Kasse designed the SCJ casting first and it is still known by that name still, he then designed the P51 casting. The P51 is an as cast version of a ported SCJ head. These heads have their own piston notch pattern, but use standard intake and exhuast layout. The 340 and 360 heads you are referring to are what are known as the A head, and require specific pistons for that head, and the TFS manifold for the A heads, and use a BBC style exhaust pattern. The TFS street head might be your best choice, because they use a standard layout piston, and any standard intake, and Ford pattern exhaust bolts to them. The Street heads are very capable heads and have made well over 800 hp when properly ported and have a proper valve job.
schmitty
schmitty

Back to top Go down

about heads.looked at the sticky but ? Empty Re: about heads.looked at the sticky but ?

Post  BOSS 429 January 18th 2013, 1:13 am

2fox wrote:Building around A 557 engine with nitrous.
head?
Kasse's. Are.they P51?
also looking at the summitt alum SCJ head.they say they designed by kasse are they called P51's

also.the.TF 325 cnc ed these.have.BBC raised exhast ports. And do the.make Headers to fit a.fox.body.

I like the TF 340's.and 360's but cost grand or 2 more.and not.cnc.ed all. these will require the TF special intake?

Thanks

blue thunder is a good head,or j k's boss 429 head
BOSS 429
BOSS 429

Back to top Go down

Post  2fox January 18th 2013, 2:52 am

Thanks.guys.am.going to get.a.build.started.one.day this month or next.

2fox

Back to top Go down

Post  bbf-falcon January 18th 2013, 8:11 am

schmitty wrote:Jon Kasse designed the SCJ casting first and it is still known by that name still, he then designed the P51 casting. The P51 is an as cast version of a ported SCJ head. These heads have their own piston notch pattern, but use standard intake and exhuast layout. The 340 and 360 heads you are referring to are what are known as the A head, and require specific pistons for that head, and the TFS manifold for the A heads, and use a BBC style exhaust pattern. The TFS street head might be your best choice, because they use a standard layout piston, and any standard intake, and Ford pattern exhaust bolts to them. The Street heads are very capable heads and have made well over 800 hp when properly ported and have a proper valve job.

X2

bbf-falcon

Back to top Go down

Post  IDT-572 January 18th 2013, 3:01 pm

2fox wrote:Building around A 557 engine with nitrous.
head?
Kasse's. Are.they P51?

Thanks

The TFS 325's do not have a bbc exhaust port.
IDT-572
IDT-572
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  2fox January 18th 2013, 5:53 pm

What they flow out the box? 325's .motor size now will be a 521 or a 545
what crank stroke is best 4.300 or 4.500 ? I want what ever piston will be the strongest like most piston crown I can get the better.I don't want a .210/.230 crown thickness like my SFB 408 has.
Giving what stroke to go with I need are least. 300/.350 Crown thickness correct with a 250 shot possibly going a.big shot plate in the future.Cheater kit now.
what I'd anything would I have to do to the 325 TF's Ford pattern?
I got a C9 block that will take a. 030 oversize. Will I need to put Hard Block in the block for strength?
I be looking at.? Without nitrous. ?
What compression should I go with? Track only I will run only C-16
going solid roller nos grind 112. What lift and duration?
what HP am looking at?
I.got. 1000 cfm race.demon 4150 style
what headers will I need to work in fox.body

Thanks.

2fox

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down