BIG BLOCK FORD
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

mafia intake and tfs street alum heads

2 posters

Go down

mafia intake and tfs street alum heads Empty mafia intake and tfs street alum heads

Post  1963hotrod January 18th 2013, 12:43 pm

I have a set of TFS powerport heads and just bought the (mafia) 53400112 intake. I have had a victor intake on the heads and would like suggestions on porting the heads to match the intake.The heads were mildly ported to match the felpro 1230 intake gasket. I set the intake on the motor and the ports match fairly well at the bottom and one side.Should I port both the intake and heads to match the new tfs intake gasket 53400921 or just clean up the intakes rough finish and port the heads to the intake manifold ports. Looking at the gasket on the heads and intake shows that a good amount of material would have to be removed from both at the top.Thanks , Rod

1963hotrod

Back to top Go down

mafia intake and tfs street alum heads Empty cam recommendations for this combo

Post  1963hotrod January 18th 2013, 12:54 pm

I just wanted to ask what cam you think I should run. 532 ci motor in an altered. 1850 pounds 4.11 rear gear with a 1.80 low in trans.I race super comp as well as nostalgia 8.60 NE2. 1050 quick fuel carb.

1963hotrod

Back to top Go down

mafia intake and tfs street alum heads Empty Re: mafia intake and tfs street alum heads

Post  c.evans January 18th 2013, 1:39 pm

Rod,

1. Leave the intake manifold alone, other than a very mild sanding (with tootsie rolls) if you see any cuckleburrs.
2. Raise the roof of the ports in the cylinder heads to match the gaskets or the manifold's roofline.
3. The manifold's runner exit should be the same as, or narrower than the port's entry in the heads.
4. Do not waste time trying to widen the manifold's runner exit to match the width of a true CJ port such as in SCJ heads or P-51 heads.
5. Actually having a slightly narrower runner exit in the manifold, as compared to the port entry in the head, acts as a good anti-reversion step.

Hope this helps,

Charlie Evans

c.evans
BBF VENDOR SPONSOR
BBF VENDOR SPONSOR

Back to top Go down

mafia intake and tfs street alum heads Empty Re: mafia intake and tfs street alum heads

Post  1963hotrod January 18th 2013, 4:52 pm

Thanks Charley, I was hoping you would reply.My buddy Jim has been talking to you about valves for his C headed motor. I know you have worked on these a lot.

1963hotrod

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down