BIG BLOCK FORD
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

transmission & flexplate/convertor?

+3
bosshoss
whatbumper
2fox
7 posters

Go down

transmission & flexplate/convertor?  Empty transmission & flexplate/convertor?

Post  2fox January 19th 2013, 12:43 pm

OK don't know where to start at be will give to a stab.
I got a PA Super Comp trans. With brake. I was going to put it behind a modify 408W.
now them plans have changes to a 521 or 545 with 250 shot maximum.
I will need another JW Bell housing for the C4 the bell.mount to the front pump not the case has dipstick in case. Think its a small bell.from what I read. Also I got a Bm convertor measures 9.5 with anti balloon ring. But google says its a 10in. Nitrous convertor with 3500 stall.
I have 2 convertors. When I put the converters up to the stock flexplate. My 10in BM one the holes don't line up with the holes? The other convertor I have it lines up with the holes. That must be a large bell one I think.
can I get.a Flex plate that fits the small.bolt pattern that convertor has 7/16 studs off of.it
does JW make a a bell for what I need?
Thanks to anyone that can understand this.

Last edited by 2fox on January 19th 2013, 12:49 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : i took some typos out and some more .......)

2fox

Back to top Go down

transmission & flexplate/convertor?  Empty Re: transmission & flexplate/convertor?

Post  whatbumper January 19th 2013, 1:17 pm

Not to be a jerk here but save the future headache and build up a good c6, th400 or glide. Sell that stuff while you can to someone that can use it.

As far as the holes, just drill what ever you need to make it work. People over think this way too often.

whatbumper

Back to top Go down

transmission & flexplate/convertor?  Empty Re: transmission & flexplate/convertor?

Post  2fox January 19th 2013, 2:26 pm

whatbumper wrote:Not to be a jerk here but save the future headache and build up a good c6, th400 or glide. Sell that stuff while you can to someone that can use it.

As far as the holes, just drill what ever you need to make it work. People over think this way too often.
its.okay man all replies welcome. I just thought that JW made A wheel for it?
.you don't think the Strongest PA trans they make. 1000 HP rated will be weak.this will be A full race car only!
also I don't run a lot. Lets just say I might run it maybe 8 passes then might and will sit "like my 408W with 8passes on of and that was in 7/06 .it will be Like that. So just asking since I got a C4 with that in mind would or could I Use it.? Thanks.LMKWYT?

2fox

Back to top Go down

Post  2fox January 19th 2013, 2:30 pm

Oh at most it might see. 2 runs all motor and 4 with the nitrous .I don't.run everyweek end. most maybe once per. Year. I thought I might had that in.

2fox

Back to top Go down

Post  bosshoss January 19th 2013, 4:50 pm

There are lots who will disagree but with the big torque available in these bbf's it is not so much the breakage issue with the c4's as it is the fact that the PG just works better. People tend to see too much gear ratio with the C4 which makes for a beast on the starting line and the first 60 feet that needs constant attention to keep under control and consistent. The PG has one less shift, less starting line ratio and in most cases is faster overall.

Hence the opinion by the previous poster that I happen to share that you would be better off to sell the C4 to a small block guy and start your new project off with a good PG.

Then you will find the die hards that refuse to run the PG because it is not a ford product. So be it.

The C4 will work. Not sure about your exact question on the torque converter bolts but I do know there are several different combinations out there.

dkp
bosshoss
bosshoss
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  2fox January 19th 2013, 9:51 pm

pig pig
bosshoss wrote:There are lots who will disagree but with the big torque available in these bbf's it is not so much the breakage issue with the c4's as it is the fact that the PG just works better. People tend to see too much gear ratio with the C4 which makes for a beast on the starting line and the first 60 feet that needs constant attention to keep under control and consistent. The PG has one less shift, less starting line ratio and in most cases is faster overall.

Hence the opinion by the previous poster that I happen to share that you would be better off to sell the C4 to a small block guy and start your new project off with a good PG.

Then you will find the die hards that refuse to run the PG because it is not a ford product. So be it.

The C4 will work. Not sure about your exact question on the torque converter bolts but I do know there are several d
different combinations out there.

dkp
hey thanks for the info. Its not going to be run much at all. Strip only . What I like or want to is. A 521 or 545 good internals. Step up slowly on the nitrous. I make a few base runs with no nos timing .then retard 10 degrees and adavance from there,with keeping the bottle pressure @ 1050 psi. Then I purge at the line after burnout.going to have to not mount it in the windshield washer squrters so they wont know am going the juice LOL.,
I know I WONT be able to get able to get all my money back out of all the C4 stuff That's all as most of us already know that Sad sad. Once I go the fastest time .about 3 times. pig I will park it and undo the valve lash
Once I go to the track twice and appx. 12 runs or so. I will be dialed in..and look at n in Awe just want to run at least 10.0's all motor and what ever on a 250 shot. Maybe for a 8 second pass .4.30's to much gear for a BBF stroker with a C4. And juice running Goodyear eagle full slicks. 14x32's thinking like 3.50 or 3.70's with that size Tire is that a good ratio for C4. The PG could possibly. Use the PG correct? I will most likely park it undo the valve lash and park it.
I have 2 separate fuel systems.

Last edited by 2fox on January 19th 2013, 11:15 pm; edited 3 times in total (Reason for editing : editing messing up cant get to the bottom lines to fix? got most of it. still not right trying got double post of stuff home pc's are better at this sorry)

2fox

Back to top Go down

Post  richter69 January 19th 2013, 11:10 pm

had too much hell hooking the car w a c4...... with the old motor and no nitrous...... the c4 wasnt happy either, it is now living behind a sbf car......... glide for th win
richter69
richter69

Back to top Go down

Post  whitefield January 19th 2013, 11:16 pm

whatbumper wrote:Not to be a jerk here but save the future headache and build up a good c6, th400 or glide. Sell that stuff while you can to someone that can use it.

X2 Laughing Cool
whitefield
whitefield

Back to top Go down

Post  whitefield January 19th 2013, 11:16 pm

Double post ! Delet

Last edited by whitefield on January 19th 2013, 11:19 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Double post)
whitefield
whitefield

Back to top Go down

Post  2fox January 19th 2013, 11:23 pm

Thanks again you got a link to what I need like. For my power level 800-900 ? Without nitrous. Or is that possible ?
deciding on TF cnc 325's they flow. 401 @ .800 lift.
what type of trans.would I need with brake.and what size converter to go with. Big thing how much?
And type flywheel and bell. Thanks Gary. Open to all answers what's the best size gears to run with 14x32's got 4.30's now .Not sure what rpms this BBF stroker will turn up. Please more info. Open my eyes more Smile

2fox

Back to top Go down

Post  Gregaust January 20th 2013, 5:52 am

I think you'll find that smaller converter is for a small block pattern. It will also be not deep enough i think to go on the big pattern flexplate . Check the converter heights there is a difference ., My understanding is all the BBF bells use the 164T style converter

Gregaust

Back to top Go down

Post  2fox January 21st 2013, 7:02 am

Gregaust wrote:I think you'll find that smaller converter is for a small block pattern. It will also be not deep enough i think to go on the big pattern flexplate . Check the converter heights there is a difference ., My understanding is all the BBF bells use the 164T style converter
man I lost everything I just typed dam.with no way to pull it back up. Long post.too.
but tell me this whats the min.weight the car need to be with driver to use the PG?
also will my 4.30's be OK for the PG?
since.from what I read 4.30's are to much for a C4...correct?
what the overall first gear ratio to shoot for?
And what ratio first gear is most people using 1.76 or 1.80 not much difference is it.
I Think JW make a wheel for the BBF that will.work on the small C4 WHEEL.

I'm.debating on trying to sell my PA 1000 HP brake trans and JW bell housing.and the BM 10 nitrous converter.but I only willing to lose shipping cost Only.

2fox

Back to top Go down

Post  yellowhorse7 January 28th 2013, 10:42 pm

Here is some real life info.....

I've been trough 2 1/2 c4's behind my 508" deal. First piece was a mighty mite m2. Lasted 20 or so passes. Second piece was a Dynamic X6, which is a high end m2. The best clutches and bands, c6 input, fully rollerized, blah blah blah. Lasted 12 passes. I'm currently on the "1/2" now....it's been gone through by Borsomatic transmissions and has had roughly 10 hits on it. So far it's been fine. But....I will be switching to a 2 speed 400 very soon. The c4 is on borrowed time. I'm not gonna waste any more of it by trying to make it last. Do yourself a favor and put a PG in it and be done.
yellowhorse7
yellowhorse7

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down