Chuck's 1970 Mustang: The Rebuild...

Page 11 of 13 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12, 13  Next

Go down

Chuck's 1970 Mustang: The Rebuild... - Page 11 Empty Re: Chuck's 1970 Mustang: The Rebuild...

Post  richter69 on August 29th 2010, 4:43 pm

Lonewolf1970 wrote:Hey guys just a little info........Dan left my house about 3 hours ago and he has my car.He plans on starting on the body work toward the end of the week.As far as when it will be done is up in the air.We had planned on bring it too the NMRA race in Bowling Green but it dosen't look like that will happen.There is alot of work to do but it is what it is.So as far as the color ti will be smiler to Blake's car with a gray boss stripe on it.


I heard it was gonna be titty pink with a brown stripe down the center????? Laughing Razz
richter69
richter69

Posts : 13649
Join date : 2008-12-02
Age : 48
Location : In the winners circle

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Chuck's 1970 Mustang: The Rebuild... - Page 11 Empty Re: Chuck's 1970 Mustang: The Rebuild...

Post  Lonewolf1970 on August 29th 2010, 5:12 pm

richter69 wrote:
Lonewolf1970 wrote:Hey guys just a little info........Dan left my house about 3 hours ago and he has my car.He plans on starting on the body work toward the end of the week.As far as when it will be done is up in the air.We had planned on bring it too the NMRA race in Bowling Green but it dosen't look like that will happen.There is alot of work to do but it is what it is.So as far as the color ti will be smiler to Blake's car with a gray boss stripe on it.


I heard it was gonna be titty pink with a brown stripe down the center????? Laughing Razz
No Richter it si going to be pink with a big NIPPLE ON IT!!! Laughing Smart ass sooner!!! LOL Just bussten your chops.
Lonewolf1970
Lonewolf1970

Posts : 354
Join date : 2009-08-23
Age : 47
Location : Lawrenceburg, KY

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Chuck's 1970 Mustang: The Rebuild... - Page 11 Empty Re: Chuck's 1970 Mustang: The Rebuild...

Post  the Coug on August 29th 2010, 7:53 pm

Lonewolf1970 wrote:
richter69 wrote:
Lonewolf1970 wrote:Hey guys just a little info........Dan left my house about 3 hours ago and he has my car.He plans on starting on the body work toward the end of the week.As far as when it will be done is up in the air.We had planned on bring it too the NMRA race in Bowling Green but it dosen't look like that will happen.There is alot of work to do but it is what it is.So as far as the color ti will be smiler to Blake's car with a gray boss stripe on it.


I heard it was gonna be titty pink with a brown stripe down the center????? Laughing Razz
No Richter it si going to be pink with me the big NIPPLE INSIDE IT!!! Laughing Smart ass sooner!!! LOL Just bussten your chops.



there I fixed it for ya.... Chuck's 1970 Mustang: The Rebuild... - Page 11 Icon_lol


Randy
the Coug
the Coug

Posts : 3055
Join date : 2008-12-02

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Chuck's 1970 Mustang: The Rebuild... - Page 11 Empty Re: Chuck's 1970 Mustang: The Rebuild...

Post  audietorino72 on August 29th 2010, 8:47 pm

Looks great Chuck, can't wait to see it after paint !!!

audietorino72

Posts : 49
Join date : 2009-10-30

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Chuck's 1970 Mustang: The Rebuild... - Page 11 Empty Re: Chuck's 1970 Mustang: The Rebuild...

Post  56Tbird on October 20th 2010, 2:49 pm

Finally getting to work on Chuck's car a little..I love cutting stuff up and reshaping it Twisted Evil Here's a 4 1/4" stretch on your wheelwell BigGuy lol! king And I kinda whacked up your new 1/4's drunken [img]Chuck's 1970 Mustang: The Rebuild... - Page 11 Hotrodreunion136[/img][img]Chuck's 1970 Mustang: The Rebuild... - Page 11 Hotrodreunion135[/img][img]Chuck's 1970 Mustang: The Rebuild... - Page 11 Hotrodreunion137[/img][img]Chuck's 1970 Mustang: The Rebuild... - Page 11 Hotrodreunion138[/img]
56Tbird
56Tbird
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Posts : 5255
Join date : 2008-12-02
Age : 60
Location : Hawesville,Ky.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Chuck's 1970 Mustang: The Rebuild... - Page 11 Empty Re: Chuck's 1970 Mustang: The Rebuild...

Post  bigblockfox468 on October 20th 2010, 3:10 pm

Awesome work there Dan Shocked . Keep on it Chuck Cool
bigblockfox468
bigblockfox468
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Posts : 1432
Join date : 2009-02-09
Age : 96
Location : Dryden, MI

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Chuck's 1970 Mustang: The Rebuild... - Page 11 Empty Re: Chuck's 1970 Mustang: The Rebuild...

Post  res0rli9 on October 20th 2010, 3:52 pm

The king of cancer strikes again.

looking good Dan-0

res0rli9
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Posts : 3342
Join date : 2008-12-02
Age : 69
Location : sarasota FL.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Chuck's 1970 Mustang: The Rebuild... - Page 11 Empty Re: Chuck's 1970 Mustang: The Rebuild...

Post  TravisRice on October 20th 2010, 4:37 pm

Dan, I always find it easier to cut up someone elses stuff

TravisRice
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Posts : 1164
Join date : 2009-02-07

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Chuck's 1970 Mustang: The Rebuild... - Page 11 Empty Re: Chuck's 1970 Mustang: The Rebuild...

Post  Lonewolf1970 on October 20th 2010, 4:51 pm

It looks good Dan.I like the stretch on it.can't wait too see more and when your done with it. I saw Bill this pass weekend at the track and he asked if you have started on it.I told him that you where going too start on it this week.Keep up the good work man.You the king king !!!
Lonewolf1970
Lonewolf1970

Posts : 354
Join date : 2009-08-23
Age : 47
Location : Lawrenceburg, KY

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Chuck's 1970 Mustang: The Rebuild... - Page 11 Empty Re: Chuck's 1970 Mustang: The Rebuild...

Post  bbf-falcon on October 21st 2010, 11:48 am

Looks like your makin progress Dano,Man I wish I had your Fab skills. I can cut the shit up,it's the makin it look good afterwards that I have problems with.

bbf-falcon

Posts : 8994
Join date : 2008-12-03
Location : Jackson, Ohio

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Chuck's 1970 Mustang: The Rebuild... - Page 11 Empty Re: Chuck's 1970 Mustang: The Rebuild...

Post  56Tbird on October 21st 2010, 12:02 pm

Rick ,if ya just keep beating and heating it ,you'll get get it there...metal and heat work together,you can make it do alot of things with some heat and a hammer and a dolly...Heck enough bondo and anything can look good Twisted Evil king
56Tbird
56Tbird
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Posts : 5255
Join date : 2008-12-02
Age : 60
Location : Hawesville,Ky.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Chuck's 1970 Mustang: The Rebuild... - Page 11 Empty Re: Chuck's 1970 Mustang: The Rebuild...

Post  ThndrChkn on October 21st 2010, 2:12 pm

56Tbird wrote:Heck enough bondo and anything can look good Twisted Evil king

Having run, and worked in a body shop, I find this is a bad theory...... Wink

Car's shapin' up though... Lookin' good.







Doug... Cool
ThndrChkn
ThndrChkn

Posts : 2216
Join date : 2008-12-04
Age : 52
Location : Helena, Montana

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Chuck's 1970 Mustang: The Rebuild... - Page 11 Empty Re: Chuck's 1970 Mustang: The Rebuild...

Post  56Tbird on October 21st 2010, 2:32 pm

I grew up in a Body Shop Doug....My Old man was the best bodyman I've ever worked around..It won't have anymore bondo than needed Very Happy I'll make the Old Man smile in Heaven when I'm done...he'll know he taught me well cheers Got the back half of the other 1/4 put in today king
56Tbird
56Tbird
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Posts : 5255
Join date : 2008-12-02
Age : 60
Location : Hawesville,Ky.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Chuck's 1970 Mustang: The Rebuild... - Page 11 Empty Re: Chuck's 1970 Mustang: The Rebuild...

Post  72mav on October 21st 2010, 6:42 pm

[quote="56Tbird"].It won't have anymore bondo than needed.

Thats good Dan. You had me wondering for a minute there.... Wink
BTW, I liked how you kept the original 1/4 center portion entact. Instead of the usual scab a extended piece in the middle like most people do after stretching the 1/4's. You saved yourself less filling that way cheers
72mav
72mav

Posts : 1081
Join date : 2008-12-03
Age : 56
Location : central Michigan

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Chuck's 1970 Mustang: The Rebuild... - Page 11 Empty Re: Chuck's 1970 Mustang: The Rebuild...

Post  billandlori on October 21st 2010, 10:21 pm

[quote="72mav"]
56Tbird wrote:.It won't have anymore bondo than needed.

Thats good Dan. You had me wondering for a minute there.... Wink
BTW, I liked how you kept the original 1/4 center portion entact. Instead of the usual scab a extended piece in the middle like most people do after stretching the 1/4's. You saved yourself less filling that way cheers

Good eye there Al. I was wondering what the thought was with that, sure makes good sense!!

Bill
billandlori
billandlori

Posts : 2081
Join date : 2009-08-06
Age : 50
Location : Stratford, Ontario, Canada

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Chuck's 1970 Mustang: The Rebuild... - Page 11 Empty Re: Chuck's 1970 Mustang: The Rebuild...

Post  res0rli9 on October 21st 2010, 11:14 pm

When ya know what your doing everything makes good sense!! Smile

res0rli9
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Posts : 3342
Join date : 2008-12-02
Age : 69
Location : sarasota FL.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Chuck's 1970 Mustang: The Rebuild... - Page 11 Empty Re: Chuck's 1970 Mustang: The Rebuild...

Post  56Tbird on October 22nd 2010, 2:07 am

The main reason I left the center intact was to try to make sure I didn't loose the contour on the body line. I see so many of these things stretched that look like crap ,where one end is high or low. I want this thing to look like it was made at Ford Motor Company. I want people to scratch and wonder what is different ? Hope it turns out like that Twisted Evil king
56Tbird
56Tbird
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Posts : 5255
Join date : 2008-12-02
Age : 60
Location : Hawesville,Ky.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Chuck's 1970 Mustang: The Rebuild... - Page 11 Empty Re: Chuck's 1970 Mustang: The Rebuild...

Post  res0rli9 on October 22nd 2010, 3:24 am

56Tbird wrote:The main reason I left the center intact was to try to make sure I didn't loose the contour on the body line. I see so many of these things stretched that look like crap ,where one end is high or low. I want this thing to look like it was made at Ford Motor Company. I want people to scratch and wonder what is different ? Hope it turns out like that Twisted Evil king

I thank thats what they call putting that little pea in your head that you call a brain to good use Razz

makes good sense to me I thank scratch

res0rli9
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Posts : 3342
Join date : 2008-12-02
Age : 69
Location : sarasota FL.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Chuck's 1970 Mustang: The Rebuild... - Page 11 Empty Re: Chuck's 1970 Mustang: The Rebuild...

Post  schmitty on October 22nd 2010, 7:08 am

That car looks awesome Chuck. Very Happy
schmitty
schmitty

Posts : 4538
Join date : 2008-12-02
Age : 49
Location : Holdrege, NE

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Chuck's 1970 Mustang: The Rebuild... - Page 11 Empty Re: Chuck's 1970 Mustang: The Rebuild...

Post  56Tbird on October 22nd 2010, 3:05 pm

Here ya go Chuck ,got the other side roughed in today...You guys worried about bondo? Wait until I on the roof of this car...It's been jumped on and popped back out affraid It's rough ,or should I say ROUGH Razz It's a RACE CAR..thank goodness lol! king [img]Chuck's 1970 Mustang: The Rebuild... - Page 11 Hotrodreunion139[/img]
56Tbird
56Tbird
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Posts : 5255
Join date : 2008-12-02
Age : 60
Location : Hawesville,Ky.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Chuck's 1970 Mustang: The Rebuild... - Page 11 Empty Re: Chuck's 1970 Mustang: The Rebuild...

Post  '65 T-BOLT on October 22nd 2010, 10:50 pm

looks really good Dan!
'65 T-BOLT
'65 T-BOLT

Posts : 1464
Join date : 2009-08-28
Age : 48
Location : Hagerstown,Maryland

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Chuck's 1970 Mustang: The Rebuild... - Page 11 Empty Re: Chuck's 1970 Mustang: The Rebuild...

Post  56Tbird on November 1st 2010, 1:06 am

You ought to get a hold of Chuck ,he's right there near Lexington and get him to run down here with you and check his car out. He's wanting to see it anyway Laughing
56Tbird
56Tbird
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Posts : 5255
Join date : 2008-12-02
Age : 60
Location : Hawesville,Ky.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Chuck's 1970 Mustang: The Rebuild... - Page 11 Empty Re: Chuck's 1970 Mustang: The Rebuild...

Post  Lonewolf1970 on November 1st 2010, 11:27 pm

56Tbird wrote:You ought to get a hold of Chuck ,he's right there near Lexington and get him to run down here with you and check his car out. He's wanting to see it anyway Laughing
Who you be talking too? And yes I want too see it so may get a hold of ya later this week. Twisted Evil Twisted Evil
Lonewolf1970
Lonewolf1970

Posts : 354
Join date : 2009-08-23
Age : 47
Location : Lawrenceburg, KY

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Chuck's 1970 Mustang: The Rebuild... - Page 11 Empty Re: Chuck's 1970 Mustang: The Rebuild...

Post  56Tbird on November 28th 2010, 8:45 pm

Got the taillight panel in it today. Hope to get some primer on it before too long!![img]Chuck's 1970 Mustang: The Rebuild... - Page 11 Hotrodreunion165[/img][img]Chuck's 1970 Mustang: The Rebuild... - Page 11 Hotrodreunion164[/img]
56Tbird
56Tbird
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Posts : 5255
Join date : 2008-12-02
Age : 60
Location : Hawesville,Ky.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Chuck's 1970 Mustang: The Rebuild... - Page 11 Empty Re: Chuck's 1970 Mustang: The Rebuild...

Post  bb429power on November 28th 2010, 8:54 pm

What color(s) will she end up being? Looking good Cool
bb429power
bb429power

Posts : 3128
Join date : 2010-02-13
Age : 25
Location : Michigan

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Page 11 of 13 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12, 13  Next

Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum