BIG BLOCK FORD
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

street cam duration

2 posters

Go down

street cam duration Empty street cam duration

Post  maicoman February 2nd 2013, 10:00 am

Hello to all.Being a small block chevy guy Im going to ask you big block ford guys this question. I have a plane jane 460 c6 going into an old mustang. My old rure of thumb was up to 220 at .050 was a great street cam size.Able to idle in traffic,not load up, etc,etc.Just good street maners. Now that I have this bigger motor can my rule of thumb still apply? Or am I going to be small on the cam?

maicoman

Back to top Go down

street cam duration Empty Re: street cam duration

Post  rmcomprandy February 2nd 2013, 10:20 am

maicoman wrote:Hello to all.Being a small block chevy guy Im going to ask you big block ford guys this question. I have a plane jane 460 c6 going into an old mustang. My old rure of thumb was up to 220 at .050 was a great street cam size.Able to idle in traffic,not load up, etc,etc.Just good street maners. Now that I have this bigger motor can my rule of thumb still apply? Or am I going to be small on the cam?

"Street cam" encompasses a LOT of territory.

Anywhere from 200 degrees @.050" to 240 degrees @.050" depending upon exactly what you want it to do. Also, torque converter stall speed, rear gear, power brakes, exhaust type, etc.

rmcomprandy

http://www.rmcompetition.com

Back to top Go down