BIG BLOCK FORD
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Piston Reccomendation

3 posters

Go down

Piston Reccomendation Empty Piston Reccomendation

Post  BigBoy460 February 21st 2013, 12:23 pm

Ok so I need a reccomendation on piston's to replace the stock piston I am removing, it is going to the machine shop next week, and I am decking the block and boring 30 over, this is a street / strip application, looking to be in the high 10s low 11s in the 1/4mile should I go with a flat top piston and does anybody have a summit racing part number, and woukld you reccomend me replacing the crank I will be using 150 shot of nitous and if so do you have a part number there??????

Thanks Matt

BigBoy460

Back to top Go down

Piston Reccomendation Empty Re: Piston Reccomendation

Post  bigblok2000ranger February 21st 2013, 1:58 pm

What head, what fuel, what vehicle is this going in, what connecting rod...? Anyone is gonna need alot more info to answer your question.
bigblok2000ranger
bigblok2000ranger

Back to top Go down

Post  BigBoy460 February 21st 2013, 3:02 pm

1978 Ford F150 looking at 93 octane or higher on gas , and the heads I have to go with is my D3s that I had ported and spent money on but may change them out down the road with TFS

BigBoy460

Back to top Go down

Post  kjett February 21st 2013, 10:21 pm

With the large chamber of the D3's, a set of forged flat top pistons, and a zero deck block, you should still be pump gas friendly. Keep the stock crank, and upgrade the rods and it will live a long happy life on the motor. The little 150 shot isn't a big deal, but still keep your tune in check or you will have problems.

Doen the road, if you swap heads, then you will need to re-evaluate your compression to see where you need to be on fuel. Also, you might as well set your rings up now for a bigger shot of the frosty jug because after the 1st couple of hits you will be wanted to step up to 250 or more Very Happy
kjett
kjett

Back to top Go down

Post  BigBoy460 February 22nd 2013, 10:15 am

Ok thanks

BigBoy460

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down