BIG BLOCK FORD
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Max cubic inches for a stock BBC

+12
bigblockfox468
richter69
lghting94
rmcomprandy
466cj
blown86hallet
the Coug
bigblok2000ranger
kim
Lem Evans
maverick
GT300TD
16 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Max cubic inches for a stock BBC  - Page 2 Empty Re: Max cubic inches for a stock BBC

Post  dfree383 February 24th 2013, 12:31 am

rmcomprandy wrote:I hear a lot of Ford guys exclaim "they just don't know Fords" when talking about most Chevy guys but, it appears here that a bunch of Ford guys don't know Chevy's either. Shocked

X2...... The you can go with a Aftermarket or Bowie block.....plenty of 572 and up engines running around.
dfree383
dfree383
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Max cubic inches for a stock BBC  - Page 2 Empty Re: Max cubic inches for a stock BBC

Post  the Coug February 24th 2013, 7:51 am

GT300TD wrote: Had a few brewskis with a couple of BBChevy guys, both long time friends. They said that the stock block BBC would handle 572 cubic inches, I said I thought that you have to have an after market block. I've been to the High Flow Dynamics site more than once to compare the difference between BBF and BBC, but need some more 'ammunition' for future discussions.
Thanks Smile

This is what I was going off of, and I stick by what I said 496. now if you go an aftermarket Block such as the GM 502 you can go bigger but then it is not a STOCK BLOCK any more is it?
the Coug
the Coug

Back to top Go down

Post  GT300TD February 24th 2013, 10:35 am

the Coug wrote:
GT300TD wrote: Had a few brewskis with a couple of BBChevy guys, both long time friends. They said that the stock block BBC would handle 572 cubic inches, I said I thought that you have to have an after market block. I've been to the High Flow Dynamics site more than once to compare the difference between BBF and BBC, but need some more 'ammunition' for future discussions.
Thanks Smile

This is what I was going off of, and I stick by what I said 496. now if you go an aftermarket Block such as the GM 502 you can go bigger but then it is not a STOCK BLOCK any more is it?

Stock Block was the question that I asked my buddys because I wanted to see what they had to say, because the 385 is a Stock Block. I've gone to High Flow Dynamics a few times in the past but forgot some of the details Embarassed . Bill had a tall block but had to get rid of it because of a divorce, heck I would have even made room in my garage for it if he would have told me before he scraped it (how's that for a good friend Laughing). I pretty much thought that a tall block or a 502 could handle 572 but wasn't sure.
I appreciate all you guys sharing your expertise with me and realise some of you don't care about chebys cause I really don't either, but most of the car guys I know are cheby guys Sad . This forum makes my glad I am a FORD guy Very Happy .
Thanks again.

GT300TD
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  rmcomprandy February 24th 2013, 12:34 pm

Except for the very first ones ... the 502 engine IS a stock block.
The 496 was also a stock production taller deck truck engine known as the 8.1 liter.

I like Fords the best but, I build 'em all so being informed on production engine availability is necessary.

rmcomprandy

http://www.rmcompetition.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2