BIG BLOCK FORD
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Trick flow 290 or super cobra jet

+18
awgeez
bbf-falcon
Barney
QtrWarrior
schmitty
plovett
466cj
richter69
DanH
rmcomprandy
bigblockfox468
Lem Evans
c.evans
Mike R
10SHOTS
MauriSSio
dfree383
robbie mav grabber
22 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Trick flow 290 or super cobra jet  - Page 2 Empty Re: Trick flow 290 or super cobra jet

Post  rmcomprandy March 30th 2013, 12:54 pm

MauriSSio wrote:i certainly know why i would rather do business with Charlie Evans than Randy that's for damned sure lol!! he's a man of the people and conducts himself professionally!

I think I will reserve the information gained for my customers ...

... you flap your mouth but, I don't see or hear of any money being spent so YOU can learn or give the information to anyone who asks.
Tell us, why do you feel so entitled to have it...?

I will gladly give my data and information to Charlie and anyone else who I know about who is spending their own money to reciprocate.

rmcomprandy

http://www.rmcompetition.com

Back to top Go down

Trick flow 290 or super cobra jet  - Page 2 Empty Re: Trick flow 290 or super cobra jet

Post  DanH March 30th 2013, 2:58 pm

MauriSSio wrote:i certainly know why i would rather do business with Charlie Evans than Randy that's for damned sure lol!! he's a man of the people and conducts himself professionally!

I have no idea what you do for a job/income.

would you give Free info to anyone who ask?

the level of service/product is the value , want a frendly pat on the back and a smile - see your bartender.

btw , what is your job? - others also may want free.

DanH

Back to top Go down

Post  MauriSSio March 30th 2013, 3:16 pm

rmcomprandy wrote:

... you flap your mouth but, I don't see or hear of any money being spent so YOU can learn or give the information to anyone who asks.

I will gladly give my data and information to Charlie and anyone else who I know about who is spending their own money to reciprocate.
hey, youre the one that represents your business with every post you make. Its not a coincidence that im not the only one that thinks your posts are overboard and you come accross as rude. You really think people will read your posts and say "now thats the kind of guy id love to do business with!". Lem and Charlie, Paul Kane and Scott and others seem like stand up people though. You can tell by how they talk to people.
Ive spent money and bought from people on these boards and ive posted dyno sheets and info that i have gathered. Geez, i cant even wonder about what the power difference between SCJ's and TFS streets are without you starting to go off.Calm down grumps mcgee.

DanH wrote:

the level of service/product is the value , want a frendly pat on the back and a smile - see your bartender.

i work in pharmacy. Want free info? sure. I can answer to the best of my abilities, i have no problem with that. Free drugs? drug diversion is illegal though, CAN'T do that sorry.

MauriSSio

Back to top Go down

Post  MauriSSio March 30th 2013, 3:26 pm

c.evans wrote:
MauriSSio wrote:so back cutting the valves and nothing else is worth roughly 45cfm on the scj wow

Yes, it's a big improvement, especially at the mid-lift flow numbers, and that's where you need to be focusing on.

Charlie
yeah, i noticed that. But i also saw that he lost big flow (typo or maybe variance from different flow test?) at .200 but gained gained a lot more (+75cfm) at .300. I was kinda just averaging it out by eyeballing it though throughout the lift ranges listed. My combo is already done. Sometimes i just wonder "what could have been" if i had gone a different route.

MauriSSio

Back to top Go down

Post  richter69 March 30th 2013, 4:50 pm

update
richter69
richter69

Back to top Go down

Post  richter69 March 30th 2013, 6:38 pm

a guy comes in last week asking me about changing all 8 glow plugs on a 6.0, I explained how, much puzzlement on his face..........

..... 5 days later it comes on a hook, he got the glow plugs changed ok, but the truck runs on 4 cyls now. Not sure how or why but he somehow knocked the middle connector loose on the ficm, well turns out the halfshell was bad, then on the roadtest the cac was leaking from a blown tank that had been like thwt for awhile, another 1000 bucks I finally get to drive it a ltlle waysmto find out the vanes are hung on the turbo......

..... Ill bet money the glow plugs were fine Laughing

RANDYWOOD
richter69
richter69

Back to top Go down

Post  MauriSSio March 30th 2013, 7:06 pm

DanH wrote:
MauriSSio wrote:
rmcomprandy wrote:

hey, youre the one that represents your business with every post you make. Its not a coincidence that im not the only one that thinks your posts are overboard and you come accross as rude. You really think people will read your posts and say "now thats the kind of guy id love to do business with!". Lem and Charlie, Paul Kane and Scott and others seem like stand up people though. You can tell by how they talk to people.
Ive spent money and bought from people on these boards and ive posted dyno sheets and info that i have gathered. Geez, i cant even wonder about what the power difference between SCJ's and TFS streets are without you starting to go off.Calm down grumps mcgee.

DanH wrote:

i work in pharmacy. Want free info? sure. I can answer to the best of my abilities, i have no problem with that. Free drugs? drug diversion is illegal though, CAN'T do that sorry.

questions on you employment wouldnt be for a free item., only your knowledge of item.
you only said you work at a pharmacy - lets say your the pharmacist. .... my question is - those 3 woody pills ads on tv- will I be able to take them when I'm 99 years old? what is the chemical make up of each one?

those two questions relate to what your asking, just about a different subject

so wondering how TFS Streets and SCJ's compare to eachother on a car forum designed specifically for the 385 series engines is suddenly a big no no?!?! In a thread about "TFS Streets or SCJ's" for that matter...

p.s- i have no problem whatsoever sharing information as far as pharmaceuticals are concerned to help you to the best of my abilities (not sure if this is the right forum for that, maybe if we had a pharmaceutical sub-section) but youre trying to compare your health to cylinder heads. If you have serious questions about drugs and health issues there are boards designed specifically for that.

MauriSSio

Back to top Go down

Post  rmcomprandy March 30th 2013, 9:38 pm

[quote="MauriSSio"]
rmcomprandy wrote:

So then, why do you have such a problem when I merely am asking you to do that test and give us the results ...?
You can ask those questions but, I can't ...?

I said absolutely NOTHING rude until you made a sarcastic personal attack upon my character and then I pointed out exactly what was really happening here, AND, you didn't like that type of return.
What goes around, comes around ...!

rmcomprandy

Back to top Go down

Post  robbie mav grabber March 31st 2013, 9:21 pm

Thanks so much Charlie for the input def going with the cobra jet heads soon as I get the money up buying parts as I go and again thanks everyone

robbie mav grabber

Back to top Go down

Post  richter69 March 31st 2013, 9:43 pm

bump for I wish I had the funds........
richter69
richter69

Back to top Go down

Post  466cj April 6th 2013, 12:46 pm

Share information, not share information. I don't see much any value in most that is shared anyway. Many times it is specific to a build and unless is what you are doing may not tell you much. You also don't know all the details most times of how what was posted was derived and it can be deceptive, even when the guy is trying to be honest in what he provides and when you start asking questions usually ends up in someone getting insulted (for whatever reason).

Personally I do not care about flow numbers and dyno numbers. All I want to know is will it perform how I want and do what I want and what will it cost me. I guess if you paid Randy for that you may get a result and if he missed the target well that would be a new thread Shocked Laughing

466cj

Back to top Go down

Post  plovett April 6th 2013, 1:19 pm

Isn't the whole point of an engine forum to share information?

If someone wants to keep their hard earned data to themselves, or sell it, that's understandable. I don't see any point in coming on an engine forum, saying you have the data, but then saying you can't have it.

JMO,

paulie

plovett

Back to top Go down

Post  466cj April 6th 2013, 2:18 pm

plovett wrote:Isn't the whole point of an engine forum to share information?

paulie

Seems to make sense to me. IMHO problem is guys in business are not on these forums in the same way a hobbyist or race is, even if their intentions are good. Just like the magazines, they do a dyno comparison or an engine build. How much can you trust what they put in print? Always follow the money trail. Don't see things much different on these forums. Are always biases for a variety of reasons.

I will also add when a nobody like me shares something I am opening myself up to ridicule by guys making a living on these forums if what I post contradicts what they say, so why bother making ones life hard? Seems the simple solution is just not bother posting and I am breaking my rule here by posting. Laughing

Steve

466cj

Back to top Go down

Post  schmitty April 6th 2013, 4:15 pm

In my opinion, there is a wealth of information shared here by a lot of people. There is also a lot of information that engine builders that frequent this site are not sharing for reasons of their choice. I believe that if you have expended your capital to do testing, it is your choice of whether to share or not.
schmitty
schmitty

Back to top Go down

Post  plovett April 6th 2013, 6:50 pm

schmitty wrote:In my opinion, there is a wealth of information shared here by a lot of people. There is also a lot of information that engine builders that frequent this site are not sharing for reasons of their choice. I believe that if you have expended your capital to do testing, it is your choice of whether to share or not.

Exactly. But if someone doesn't want to share their information (which is fine) there's not really any point in posting here.

JMO,

paulie[i]

plovett

Back to top Go down

Post  rmcomprandy April 7th 2013, 11:34 am

plovett wrote:
schmitty wrote:In my opinion, there is a wealth of information shared here by a lot of people. There is also a lot of information that engine builders that frequent this site are not sharing for reasons of their choice. I believe that if you have expended your capital to do testing, it is your choice of whether to share or not.

Exactly. But if someone doesn't want to share their information (which is fine) there's not really any point in posting here.

JMO,

paulie[i]

At sometime in the past. I have shared this comparison information of this testing but, when using PORTED HEADS however, that information wasn't good enough here apparently because it wasn't derived from "out of the box" heads.

SO, I asked that a similar test be done by the guy asking the original questions.
Should I or someone else do another complete test ...? Asking the guy wanting THAT information for THOSE particular test results to do testing himself and then share the information with all of us was an obvious response.

What came afterward from me was simply a truthful rebuttal to his attack upon my personal character when nothing out of the ordinary was said to warrant that attack.

rmcomprandy

Back to top Go down

Post  rmcomprandy April 7th 2013, 12:04 pm

robbie mav grabber wrote:Thanks so much Charlie for the input def going with the cobra jet heads soon as I get the money up buying parts as I go and again thanks everyone

Sorry for messing-up your thread; that certainly was not the intent here at all.

rmcomprandy

Back to top Go down

Post  plovett April 7th 2013, 11:28 pm

All that seems fair enough to me. Not that I'm "the judge". LOL! Still, it seems a very fair explanation of events.

JMO,

paulie

plovett

Back to top Go down

Post  c.evans April 8th 2013, 10:29 pm

DanH,

You sure know how to f-up a thread. What don't you back off and quite being so argumentative.

Charlie Evans

c.evans
BBF VENDOR SPONSOR
BBF VENDOR SPONSOR

Back to top Go down

Post  QtrWarrior April 8th 2013, 10:43 pm

Gentlemen..

Let's keep this thread on topic...

On another note, On the "old" forum, there was plenty of info shared freely.
Then the site and ALL that free info was sold out from under us.. Get my point ??

These guys spend their $$ to do the research, Why should we expect any of it for free ??
We should take what they do share and be grateful for it...

"off soapbox"....
QtrWarrior
QtrWarrior

Back to top Go down

Post  dfree383 April 8th 2013, 10:57 pm

Amen Mikey.
dfree383
dfree383
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  Lem Evans April 11th 2013, 8:54 pm

466cj wrote:Share information, not share information. I don't see much any value in most that is shared anyway. Many times it is specific to a build and unless is what you are doing may not tell you much. You also don't know all the details most times of how what was posted was derived and it can be deceptive, even when the guy is trying to be honest in what he provides and when you start asking questions usually ends up in someone getting insulted (for whatever reason).

Personally I do not care about flow numbers and dyno numbers. All I want to know is will it perform how I want and do what I want and what will it cost me. I guess if you paid Randy for that you may get a result and if he missed the target well that would be a new thread Shocked Laughing

Steve, you really should care about flow #s & dyno #s. While the best peak flowing head may not net the best on track performance....you can bet your ass that the stuff that does go down the track fast does flow a lot of air.

Lem Evans

http://bfevansraceparts.com

Back to top Go down

Post  richter69 April 11th 2013, 10:01 pm

bump for flow sheet........
richter69
richter69

Back to top Go down

Post  466cj April 12th 2013, 2:31 am

Lem Evans wrote:
466cj wrote:Share information, not share information. I don't see much any value in most that is shared anyway. Many times it is specific to a build and unless is what you are doing may not tell you much. You also don't know all the details most times of how what was posted was derived and it can be deceptive, even when the guy is trying to be honest in what he provides and when you start asking questions usually ends up in someone getting insulted (for whatever reason).

Steve, you really should care about flow #s & dyno #s. While the best peak flowing head may not net the best on track performance....you can bet your ass that the stuff that does go down the track fast does flow a lot of air.

Lem, unless I know the bench or dyno and the specifics of the testing I have a hard time taking much away other than maybe seeing a trend based on the curves. Now I am in no way saying anyone's data is jacked up, just that the devil is in the detail. For example if something is flowed on a 4.6" bore and I am using a 4.39" bore the flow numbers likely will be different. On a dyno correction factors, standards, and RPM step can make the numbers look a lot different.

I have a hard time getting excited by big flow numbers, they are nice and indicate big potential, but seen some heads that look like losers on the bench, but got down the track real well. Then there is the flow queen that just seems like it should perform better. If the head works well then yes I feel flow improvements translate. If the A/F is getting slammed into the cylinder wall well NO. Laughing

As for back to back testing, it is of use, but unless you are building that exact engine can be a crap shoot. Change a cam, intake, exhaust and may not be the star any more and one of the other heads in the test may be the spoiler. We have all heard about the 100 hp header swap.

How I view flow benches and dynos is they are tools and in the right hands can optimize an engine combo and the track is the validation.

Steve

466cj

Back to top Go down

Post  Barney April 12th 2013, 11:53 am

466cj wrote:
plovett wrote:Isn't the whole point of an engine forum to share information?

paulie

Seems to make sense to me. IMHO problem is guys in business are not on these forums in the same way a hobbyist or race is, even if their intentions are good. Just like the magazines, they do a dyno comparison or an engine build. How much can you trust what they put in print? Always follow the money trail. Don't see things much different on these forums. Are always biases for a variety of reasons.

I will also add when a nobody like me shares something I am opening myself up to ridicule by guys making a living on these forums if what I post contradicts what they say, so why bother making ones life hard? Seems the simple solution is just not bother posting and I am breaking my rule here by posting. Laughing

Steve

ding, ding, ding. We have a winner. If certain people say it then it must be, if certain people didnt say it then it can't be.
Barney
Barney

http://www.hdraracingseries.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next