BIG BLOCK FORD
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Question about crew pushing Funnycars at Vegas race....

4 posters

Go down

Question about crew pushing Funnycars at Vegas race.... Empty Question about crew pushing Funnycars at Vegas race....

Post  DILLIGASDAVE April 8th 2013, 10:01 pm

I haven't watched an NHRA race on tv in a while but saw the Vegas race this weekend and was wondering why some of the Funnycar teams had some of their crew pushing the cars up through the water box by hand for the burnout. Then after the burnout the crew again pushed the car all the way up to the starting line to stage? Are the fuel FC clutches set that loose these days thet they can't move foward at idle under their own power?
DILLIGASDAVE
DILLIGASDAVE

Back to top Go down

Question about crew pushing Funnycars at Vegas race.... Empty Re: Question about crew pushing Funnycars at Vegas race....

Post  c.evans April 8th 2013, 10:31 pm

I saw it to, but it beats me, I don't know. Maybe Jody Gunter who works for Wilkerson will get on here and let us know.

Uncle Charlie

c.evans
BBF VENDOR SPONSOR
BBF VENDOR SPONSOR

Back to top Go down

Question about crew pushing Funnycars at Vegas race.... Empty Re: Question about crew pushing Funnycars at Vegas race....

Post  QtrWarrior April 8th 2013, 10:34 pm

I'd be willing to bet, that it's to lessen the heat buildup in the clutch stack before the launch..
QtrWarrior
QtrWarrior

Back to top Go down

Post  ThndrChkn April 9th 2013, 1:20 am

I don't know about the burnout process, but the deal with Cruz Pedregon was that he couldn't get the car to go into reverse. And if I understand right, there's a time limit from the time you do your burnout, until you have to stage the car. And as long as it's your crew, your car can be pushed back into position at the starting line, as long as it's within said timeframe. That's what we were told when my cousin asked about the crew pushing Cruz's car back to the start line...
ThndrChkn
ThndrChkn

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum