BIG BLOCK FORD
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

yes!

2 posters

Go down

yes! Empty yes!

Post  D's557BBF May 3rd 2013, 6:46 am

Doug, you have to come to MI and show us how to hunt these suckers!!

http://www.detroitnews.com/article/20130503/POLITICS02/305030359/House-OKs-plan-start-Michigan-wolf-hunt-by-fall?odyssey=mod|newswell|text|FRONTPAGE|p

Twisted Evil
D's557BBF
D's557BBF

Back to top Go down

yes! Empty Re: yes!

Post  ThndrChkn May 3rd 2013, 10:28 am

That's awesome news D'... The only advise I can give you is, these suckers are the smartest animals on the planet, bar none!! Just when you think you got 'em in a spot where you can get a shot, POOF!! They're a mile away, and running fast.... Ask Rob how tough and witty they are. When he and his friends were up here back in Jan. to hunt them, we were sitting on a stand about 800 yds. (straight shot) above the truck, and as I looked around with the binocs, I just happened to look down at the truck, and there they were, walking down the road not 100 yds from where we were parked!! Laughing Laughing We saw 8 wolves in 2 days of hunting, and could never get one to slow down long enough to get off a shot. I hunted harder for them with nothing to show but a ton of tracks, a couple of recent deer that they had killed, and lots of miles on the boots... But factor in the excitement level and the overall thrill of hunting such a magnificent animal, and I wouldn't trade it for anything...

I will say, if you do get to hunt them, get after them fast and hard before they get used to the idea that they're being hunted... And make sure you take enough gun!! Around here, coming from sportsmen that have taken them, and ranchers I've talked to, don't shoot them with anything less than a .270 Winchester. These things around here are averaging 150+ lbs and have been recorded as heavy as 175 lbs. Basically, if you use any cartridge suitable for elk hunting, there won't be any issues...

Good luck...
ThndrChkn
ThndrChkn

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum