BIG BLOCK FORD
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

new to...

3 posters

Go down

new to... Empty new to...

Post  pigs521bbf May 14th 2013, 1:00 pm

i need help with a recommendation on what to use as far as electronic ignition instead of the standard key ignition.. i got Mallory hyfire box, coil.. i want is just push start button ignition..

also any recommendation on shifter for a c6 transbrake for mud racing??

please help thanks

pigs521bbf

Back to top Go down

new to... Empty Re: new to...

Post  4thHorseman May 14th 2013, 7:20 pm

For shifters I'm partial to Hurt quarter stick pistol grip. It has a thumb button on top for linelock or t brake. I have one on a manual valve body t brake C6 and love it. Never had a problem. Bolt it on, adjust, forget. Go race.

As for ignition I too run a Mallory Hyfire. Mine's a 6 and I run a Unilite dizzy locked out. Small cap adds clearance up front too. Works well. Another part that just plain works and I don't have to mess with it. To do push button start you just need to rewire from your stocker keyed ignition switch to a quality momentary button. There are plenty out there to choose from designed just for push-to-start. If you're wanting to rewire more I'd suggest Painless Wiring's boxes. They have rocker switches for ignition power, start (momentary of course), accessories, fuel pump, water pump/fan, etc.

4thHorseman
4thHorseman

Back to top Go down

Post  pigs521bbf May 14th 2013, 7:24 pm

4thHorseman wrote:For shifters I'm partial to Hurt quarter stick pistol grip. It has a thumb button on top for linelock or t brake. I have one on a manual valve body t brake C6 and love it. Never had a problem. Bolt it on, adjust, forget. Go race.

As for ignition I too run a Mallory Hyfire. Mine's a 6 and I run a Unilite dizzy locked out. Small cap adds clearance up front too. Works well. Another part that just plain works and I don't have to mess with it. To do push button start you just need to rewire from your stocker keyed ignition switch to a quality momentary button. There are plenty out there to choose from designed just for push-to-start. If you're wanting to rewire more I'd suggest Painless Wiring's boxes. They have rocker switches for ignition power, start (momentary of course), accessories, fuel pump, water pump/fan, etc.

how much is the shifter your talking about??

and yea i want to rewire everything because that way i know what goes to what..

pigs521bbf

Back to top Go down

Post  4thHorseman May 14th 2013, 7:39 pm

They go about $250 usually.
4thHorseman
4thHorseman

Back to top Go down

Post  pigs521bbf May 14th 2013, 7:45 pm

4thHorseman wrote:They go about $250 usually.

you think that shifter will work for mud racing?

pigs521bbf

Back to top Go down

Post  4thHorseman May 14th 2013, 7:50 pm

I don't see why not. Positive stops. You cannot miss a shift. Impossible.
4thHorseman
4thHorseman

Back to top Go down

Post  schmitty May 15th 2013, 10:55 am

Turbo Action air shifter for me. It's the only shifter that will make both shifts for my C6. Just got it in, and waiting to try it. The T/A came highly recommended by several people.
schmitty
schmitty

Back to top Go down

Post  pigs521bbf May 15th 2013, 7:09 pm

schmitty wrote:Turbo Action air shifter for me. It's the only shifter that will make both shifts for my C6. Just got it in, and waiting to try it. The T/A came highly recommended by several people.

ok i will check that out.. does anyone know any other companies besides Painless Wires, to rewire everything for push start switches/??

pigs521bbf

Back to top Go down

Post  schmitty May 15th 2013, 8:57 pm

I did mine with switches I had and a few more from the local parts store
schmitty
schmitty

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down