BIG BLOCK FORD
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

so who won ????? the US 60 race ???

+22
HOTRODBLACK
jbozzelle
HorsinAround
342g
Pro98Mustang
Wheelie58
Mark Miller
gdog
bbf-falcon
D's557BBF
rmcomprandy
KY JELLY
schmitty
56Tbird
Barney
bigblockfox468
c.evans
bluef100fe
richter69
cool40
QtrWarrior
bruno
26 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

so who won ?????  the US 60 race ??? - Page 3 Empty Re: so who won ????? the US 60 race ???

Post  bluef100fe May 20th 2013, 6:56 pm

X2 on the track just plain hooks.... I've never sixty footed in the 1.5x before. I couldn't believe it. George was running his @$$ off for us and I also welcome anybody else to try and have a event like this. Was a great weekend and I will travel the distance again without a doubt for this experience. Everybody was friendly and accomdating. I've just never been to any other gathering that has this kind of atmosphere. Thanks again to everybody that made this weekend what it was.
bluef100fe
bluef100fe

Back to top Go down

so who won ?????  the US 60 race ??? - Page 3 Empty Re: so who won ????? the US 60 race ???

Post  56Tbird May 20th 2013, 6:58 pm

John ,that's true about this race dying out if we don't get better attendance.I talked with Judy sunday about next year,and they're all for it.But, we're going to have to arrange it where they can have their program too that night so they won't loose their revenue.Randy Gore ,the guy with the 57 Chevy runs the track for her.I'm going to help George more next year and get HotRodBlack in on it too ,and couple others and see if we can get more cars.George did a great job in such a short notice,but he needs help. We're thinking the 1st or 2nd week of june next year.That'll get everyone past graduations and school will be out,so less excuses to not come.I'm sure if you guys had any concerns about this track they are all gone now. Just ask any of us who have raced there. Yes, I laid down a 5.30 pass after about an hour clean up with Tide. That's alot to be said for the track clean up after a BAD oil down like that. Needless to say ,the pucker factor was in high gear, but I was pretty confident that ole Tweetybird could do it. I pulled a 1.13 60 ft. in that lane, not to shabby for a door car.I hope to see you all there next year and a lot more! They have a Bracket Finals in Oct. every year too that pays some real good money.I know Wes plans on being there,I wish some more of you would come join us then too.Thanks to all of you for helping support this Ford race. We raised $530 for BigD and his family too!!! I can't say thanks enough to all you wonderful folks cheers
56Tbird
56Tbird
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  HOTRODBLACK May 20th 2013, 9:06 pm

Guys this race was a blast,I hope it happens again next year.Dan i will help out any way i can. Was my first time going,had fun won a little money,just wish i could've run final but oh well... I'll be there next year GOD willin..... THANKS GEORGE FOR DOING THIS...

HOTRODBLACK

Back to top Go down

Post  bbf-falcon May 20th 2013, 9:20 pm

I think we need to get the FORD BASH title back in it too. Just sounds more enticing to be there. I've had fun at all the Bash's and this one was just as good if not better. I just missed all the other regulars also. George did a helluva job in a short period of time. Hope it's there again.

bbf-falcon

Back to top Go down

Post  Mark Miller May 20th 2013, 10:39 pm

bbf-falcon wrote:
Mark Miller wrote:
gdog wrote:PA Boys got home in fine fashion. We had a great time with the New Orleans crew. The mudbugs were outstanding as usual. Many thanks to George and Carl…..fine job.
The whole deal kinda felt like a family reunion, as I think has always been the intention.

The car ran great. We learned a lot this weekend. Josh is like a sponge and with all the info that was flying around I am sure he picked up some good stuff. There has been a lot of help from members of this forum and I want to say thanks.
Later,
Gordon

What's size engine is in the Torino,7ohs in the 1/8 mile at 99 mph is good for a big Torino?

Later Mark.

That car would hurt some feelins on the street. Shocked Cool

His car is 2 tenths faster in the 1/8 mile then my car ran at the same mph.

Later Mark.

Mark Miller

Back to top Go down

Post  gdog May 20th 2013, 11:19 pm

Mark Miller wrote:
bbf-falcon wrote:
Mark Miller wrote:
gdog wrote:PA Boys got home in fine fashion. We had a great time with the New Orleans crew. The mudbugs were outstanding as usual. Many thanks to George and Carl…..fine job.
The whole deal kinda felt like a family reunion, as I think has always been the intention.

The car ran great. We learned a lot this weekend. Josh is like a sponge and with all the info that was flying around I am sure he picked up some good stuff. There has been a lot of help from members of this forum and I want to say thanks.
Later,
Gordon

What's size engine is in the Torino,7ohs in the 1/8 mile at 99 mph is good for a big Torino?

Later Mark.

Later Mark.

The engine is a SCJ headed 545. The car runs pretty good. We are going to move up in stall speed a little to help the old girl out off the line.
Like I said, a lot of Board Members have help get this deal put together.
Thanks,
Gordon

gdog
gdog
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  Mark Miller May 21st 2013, 11:46 pm

gdog wrote:
Mark Miller wrote:
bbf-falcon wrote:
Mark Miller wrote:

Later,
Gordon

Later Mark.

Later Mark.

The engine is a SCJ headed 545. The car runs pretty good. We are going to move up in stall speed a little to help the old girl out off the line.
Thanks,
Gordon

Cool the best my 89 Mustang with 466 BBF has ran so far is a 7.28 at 99 mph in the 1/8 mile and a 11.27 at 122 mph in the 1/4 mile.On 93 octane pump gas thru the mufflers on 28X11.5X15" Et Street tires,Later Mark

so who won ?????  the US 60 race ??? - Page 3 MarkMillers560

Mark Miller

Back to top Go down

Post  gdog May 22nd 2013, 8:08 am

Mark Miller wrote:
gdog wrote:
Mark Miller wrote:
bbf-falcon wrote:
Mark Miller wrote:

Later,
Gordon

Later Mark.

Later Mark.

Thanks,
Gordon

Cool the best my 89 Mustang with 466 BBF has ran so far is a 7.28 at 99 mph in the 1/8 mile and a 11.27 at 122 mph in the 1/4 mile.On 93 octane pump gas thru the mufflers on 28X11.5X15" Et Street tires,Later Mark

so who won ?????  the US 60 race ??? - Page 3 MarkMillers560

We tried all weekend to get into the 6's and break 100mph......it just was not going to happen.....yet.
g
gdog
gdog
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  56Tbird May 22nd 2013, 4:07 pm

I broke a shaft rocker Friday and replaced it at the track before running this race. Took the the intake off today and found a hairline crack in the lifter. Sure glad I took the time to check it!!
56Tbird
56Tbird
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  res0rli9 May 22nd 2013, 4:14 pm

Your a lucky Dog....and congrats.

res0rli9
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  richter69 May 22nd 2013, 6:47 pm

so how many cars in the 5.30 deal? any details to how it all went down?
richter69
richter69

Back to top Go down

Post  rmcomprandy May 22nd 2013, 10:45 pm

richter69 wrote:so how many cars in the 5.30 deal? any details to how it all went down?

5.30 car count...?
Not enough ...!

rmcomprandy

http://www.rmcompetition.com

Back to top Go down

Post  richter69 May 22nd 2013, 11:22 pm

3? 7???????
richter69
richter69

Back to top Go down

Post  Lem Evans May 23rd 2013, 1:00 am

"The engine is a SCJ headed 545. The car runs pretty good. We are going to move up in stall speed a little to help the old girl out off the line.
Thanks,
Gordon"

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
You are being pointed in the right direction in regard of the tq. converter....it'll change the game some more.
I predict that when you get over the rush of the better stall speed you'll be looking for a bigger carb. Wink

Lem Evans

http://bfevansraceparts.com

Back to top Go down

Post  QtrWarrior May 23rd 2013, 4:50 am

richter69 wrote:3? 7???????

As Randy said..not enough... Rolling Eyes
QtrWarrior
QtrWarrior

Back to top Go down

Post  bruno May 23rd 2013, 6:18 am

Lem Evans wrote:"The engine is a SCJ headed 545. The car runs pretty good. We are going to move up in stall speed a little to help the old girl out off the line.
Thanks,
Gordon"

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
You are being pointed in the right direction in regard of the tq. converter....it'll change the game some more.
I predict that when you get over the rush of the better stall speed you'll be looking for a bigger carb. Wink

gdog those times you made are impressive !!!! that scj pice is making some beans !!! Twisted Evil

www.OakleyMotorsports.com
www.Induction-Solutions.com
www.bfevansraceparts.com
www.ultimateconverter.com
www.keithfulpmotorsports.com
bruno
bruno

http://WWW.CKRME.COM

Back to top Go down

Post  Lem Evans May 23rd 2013, 2:08 pm

I'd like to thank Jomar Performance Products & Trick Flow [TFS] for their susport of this event. These races don't happen without good guys like them. I'm sure that George has some others he needs to give a nod to.

Lem Evans

http://bfevansraceparts.com

Back to top Go down

Post  IDT-572 May 23rd 2013, 2:14 pm

Gordon is running small chambered mufflers and tail pipes out the rear too. A converter, carb, and 3.1/2 inch bullets, and that thing will be a monster.

The car is immaculate inside and out, and drives like a new car. Very unassuming. Heck of a sleeper ride.
IDT-572
IDT-572
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  56Tbird May 23rd 2013, 10:43 pm

richter69 wrote:so how many cars in the 5.30 deal? any details to how it all went down?
There was only 2 cars in the finals cheers king
56Tbird
56Tbird
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  psfracer May 23rd 2013, 10:55 pm

Tweety Bird won again? Good job Dan.
psfracer
psfracer

http://www.psfracer.com

Back to top Go down

Post  56Tbird May 23rd 2013, 11:59 pm

Thanks Paul!
56Tbird
56Tbird
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  bluef100fe May 24th 2013, 11:02 am

IDT-572 wrote:Gordon is running small chambered mufflers and tail pipes out the rear too. A converter, carb, and 3.1/2 inch bullets, and that thing will be a monster.

The car is immaculate inside and out, and drives like a new car. Very unassuming. Heck of a sleeper ride.

X2.... very nicely detailed car.... I would vote for cut outs, x-pipe and hooker maxflows to keep it quieter on the street... open the cutouts for the track. Agree with everything else.... oh and more tire.... Smile
bluef100fe
bluef100fe

Back to top Go down

Post  richter69 May 24th 2013, 3:35 pm

psfracer wrote:Tweety Bird won again? Good job Dan.

easy when its one round............. Razz
richter69
richter69

Back to top Go down

Post  psfracer May 24th 2013, 3:40 pm

richter69 wrote:

I am sure I could find a way to lose.
psfracer
psfracer

http://www.psfracer.com

Back to top Go down

Post  56Tbird May 24th 2013, 5:37 pm

richter69 wrote:

It's a shame you weren't there.I'd have been glad to have ran one more round just to kick your ass Twisted Evil king
56Tbird
56Tbird
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3