BIG BLOCK FORD
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Eagle VS Scat rotating assemblies.....

+4
XYPROSTREET
Lem Evans
schmitty
Tennessee Bullitt
8 posters

Go down

scat eagle - Eagle VS Scat rotating assemblies..... Empty Eagle VS Scat rotating assemblies.....

Post  Tennessee Bullitt October 20th 2009, 6:40 pm

Looking at 2 kits and I am planning to go with the Scat. Was looking for feedback with personal experence. Which is a better setup.... Scat with 9000 4.5 crank with forged I beam rods and forged pistons or the Eagle 4.5 cast crank with h beam rods and forged pistons. $1400 for scat and it comes balanced, I am looking for 600+ hp with solid cam and then add some nitrous, Very Happy just a little Very Happy. 6,000 to 6,500 rpm's max.
Tennessee Bullitt
Tennessee Bullitt

Back to top Go down

scat eagle - Eagle VS Scat rotating assemblies..... Empty Re: Eagle VS Scat rotating assemblies.....

Post  schmitty October 20th 2009, 7:22 pm

There has been a lot of discussion on cranks and the nod goes to the Scat for the quality of machining and product. I have a forged Scat and it is a very nice piece of equipment. Even at your lower level of hp and rpm, I'd still advise to use a forged crank, H-beams and forged pistons. It will allow you to grow in the future if you wish to up the power level down the road. The forged cranks are easier to balance and the upgrade is minimal when you add the extra expense of the Mallory metal to get the cast cranks balanced properly. Adney Brown @ Performance Crankshafts is a member here and one of the best rotating assembly guys around. There are lots of guys here that run his stuff and noone has had a complaint. Lem Evans is another dealer for these components and also a great guy to deal with and has lots of happy customers here also. Cool
schmitty
schmitty

Back to top Go down

scat eagle - Eagle VS Scat rotating assemblies..... Empty Re: Eagle VS Scat rotating assemblies.....

Post  Lem Evans October 20th 2009, 7:29 pm

H-beam rods...Scat or Eagle . Scat for the crank....forged would be better with the spray .

Lem Evans

http://bfevansraceparts.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Tennessee Bullitt October 20th 2009, 9:46 pm

It's like I have said in my post about what I want to build, It's all about a budget I have. I know it would be easier to change the eagle crank and add a forged one later than to change rods and crank like the scat kit. If it goes where I can't add nitrous then so be it, I wanted to weigh the pros and cons of each. The nitrous is a once in a blue moon if at all being used. I want a good solid foundation to work. I want to build this and get it running in the next month or so but I don't want to cheap out and pay for it later. Yea some things are not the best of the best but I only have about 3500 now for this build with more coming later.
Tennessee Bullitt
Tennessee Bullitt

Back to top Go down

Post  schmitty October 20th 2009, 10:00 pm

Which ever route you decide to go, at least use the Scat crank.
schmitty
schmitty

Back to top Go down

Post  Tennessee Bullitt October 20th 2009, 10:06 pm

Thanks so much Lem and Schmitty.
Tennessee Bullitt
Tennessee Bullitt

Back to top Go down

Post  XYPROSTREET October 21st 2009, 3:29 am

Scat Gets My Vote

XYPROSTREET

Back to top Go down

Post  D. Sea October 21st 2009, 12:26 pm

By the time you balance the cast crank you can spend a few dollars more and get the Forged crank. You need to talk to Adney or Lem to get the details.

Eagle or Scat H-Beam rods, whichever you prefer.

Forged Pistons, shop around and you may find a deal like I did on a slightly used set. I got mine for like $400 or was it $450? And it included the pens and some head gaskets.

Good luck!
D. Sea
D. Sea

Back to top Go down

Post  D. Sea October 21st 2009, 12:28 pm

D. Sea
D. Sea

Back to top Go down

Post  IDT-572 October 21st 2009, 6:52 pm

I have had a bad experience with a 4.5 cast eagle crank. And after backing up to regroup and deciding which direction to go, I did a good bit of research and measuring of cranks and came to the conclusion that the Scat crank is the better of the two hands down , no comparision.

I would run a cast Scat before I would a 4340 forged Eagle. This is a strong statement, but after looking closely at the two, I will stand by it.

JMHO
IDT-572
IDT-572
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  schmitty October 21st 2009, 7:40 pm

IDT-572 wrote:I would run a cast Scat before I would a 4340 forged Eagle. This is a strong statement, but after looking closely at the two, I will stand by it.

JMHO

There are several other bulders and vendors here that will make that same statement also Blake. Cool
schmitty
schmitty

Back to top Go down

scat eagle - Eagle VS Scat rotating assemblies..... Empty eagle cranks

Post  pat427 October 26th 2009, 11:23 pm

i was told that eagle cranks are made over seas by prison inmates! anybody have any input on this? Tim Mauppin of florida performance is who told me. Shocked
pat427
pat427

Back to top Go down

Post  Diggindeeper October 27th 2009, 12:08 am

dont think eagle is the only one.
Diggindeeper
Diggindeeper

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down