Intake manifold question

Go down

Intake manifold question

Post  77ford on May 26th 2013, 10:39 pm

I have a mild built 460 in my truck has an edelbrock performer now , i plan to replace the cam to a little bigger in the future this in a 4x4 , has dove heads .. I am wondering if i can replace this intake with a weiand 8021 and use the performer on another truck i have to replace the stock intake.

Wondering if this intake will work with my dove heads were it is for the bigger port cj scj heads, will i have to match the heads?

Will i see any performance gains over the performer or not worth the swap?

Worth swapping the stock intake with the performer or not worth it in a stock motor heavy 4x4? Stock intake do just fine?

I can get the weiand cheap if it's worth the hassle.

Or should i not bother with this intake and get the 8012 for the dove heads?

Thanks for any help have a good one

77ford

Posts : 26
Join date : 2011-06-19

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Intake manifold question

Post  f250mike on May 26th 2013, 11:53 pm

Not sure what mild is but I swapped my 8012 out for a victor on my 472 and picked up 3 tenths+ in the 1/4 mile. My deal has ported big valve doves and a .615/.635 solid flat tappet cam.
My guess is the 8012 will be an improvement over the performer, not sure about the 8021 since the ports are bigger than the doves.
mike
avatar
f250mike

Posts : 627
Join date : 2009-03-28
Age : 54
Location : Rensselaer, Indiana

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Intake manifold question

Post  whitefield on May 26th 2013, 11:58 pm

f250mike wrote:Not sure what mild is but I swapped my 8012 out for a victor on my 472 and picked up 3 tenths+ in the 1/4 mile. My deal has ported big valve doves and a .615/.635 solid flat tappet cam.
My guess is the 8012 will be an improvement over the performer, not sure about the 8021 since the ports are bigger than the doves.
mike


Mike what compression is your 472 ?

I am running a 466 with a 614 hyd flat tappet cam and running big valve ported doves with the 8012 and a 950 .

Do you think I would benefit from a vic. intake and a 1050 ?
avatar
whitefield

Posts : 2216
Join date : 2009-08-23
Age : 50

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Intake manifold question

Post  f250mike on May 27th 2013, 12:14 am

whitefield wrote:
f250mike wrote:Not sure what mild is but I swapped my 8012 out for a victor on my 472 and picked up 3 tenths+ in the 1/4 mile. My deal has ported big valve doves and a .615/.635 solid flat tappet cam.
My guess is the 8012 will be an improvement over the performer, not sure about the 8021 since the ports are bigger than the doves.
mike


Mike what compression is your 472 ?

I am running a 466 with a 614 hyd flat tappet cam and running big valve ported doves with the 8012 and a 950 .

Do you think I would benefit from a vic. intake and a 1050 ?

My 472 is right around 12.5:1 compression
From my experiences last year Yes you would benefit.
I wish I had a 4500 victor and 1050 to try!
avatar
f250mike

Posts : 627
Join date : 2009-03-28
Age : 54
Location : Rensselaer, Indiana

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Intake manifold question

Post  whitefield on May 27th 2013, 12:21 am

f250mike wrote:
whitefield wrote:
f250mike wrote:Not sure what mild is but I swapped my 8012 out for a victor on my 472 and picked up 3 tenths+ in the 1/4 mile. My deal has ported big valve doves and a .615/.635 solid flat tappet cam.
My guess is the 8012 will be an improvement over the performer, not sure about the 8021 since the ports are bigger than the doves.
mike


Mike what compression is your 472 ?

I am running a 466 with a 614 hyd flat tappet cam and running big valve ported doves with the 8012 and a 950 .

Do you think I would benefit from a vic. intake and a 1050 ?

My 472 is right around 12.5:1 compression
From my experiences last year Yes you would benefit.
I wish I had a 4500 victor and 1050 to try!



Thanks ! mine is 13.5:1 comp with 110 lobe sep and 268 duration at .050 on the cam
avatar
whitefield

Posts : 2216
Join date : 2009-08-23
Age : 50

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum