BIG BLOCK FORD
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Blue Thunder Tunnel Ram with alcohol injection and nitrous

+2
Wheelie58
FordMudBogger15
6 posters

Go down

Blue Thunder Tunnel Ram with alcohol injection and nitrous Empty Blue Thunder Tunnel Ram with alcohol injection and nitrous

Post  FordMudBogger15 May 30th 2013, 2:51 pm

Alright I'm new to all this injection stuff, but with the Blue Thunder tunnel ram can I run nitrous and alcohol injection through the bosses on it? I'd like to run a hat injection set up but also a 500 shot of nitrous when I need it.

FordMudBogger15

Back to top Go down

Blue Thunder Tunnel Ram with alcohol injection and nitrous Empty Re: Blue Thunder Tunnel Ram with alcohol injection and nitrous

Post  Wheelie58 May 31st 2013, 7:48 pm

Although I have never seen a Blue Thunder tunnel ram, using the proper nozzles, you can add mechanical fuel injection and nitrous..if desired..to any tunnel ram. Of course, you may require machine work, welding and other prep to get it all set up. Might want to talk with experienced professionals in that field to prevent spending lots of money and being disappointed with engine damage at that power level.
Maybe Induction Solutions can help.?
Keith
Wheelie58
Wheelie58

http://www.keithfulpmotorsports.com

Back to top Go down

Blue Thunder Tunnel Ram with alcohol injection and nitrous Empty Re: Blue Thunder Tunnel Ram with alcohol injection and nitrous

Post  schmitty May 31st 2013, 11:12 pm

What cylinder heads are you using?
schmitty
schmitty

Back to top Go down

Post  FordMudBogger15 June 4th 2013, 2:09 pm

Well on goodvibesracing.com if you go down to the tunnel ram based it shows a Blue Thunder tunnel ram that says it's set up cj an scj heads but I don't know if it's a cast iron or aluminum intake.

FordMudBogger15

Back to top Go down

Blue Thunder Tunnel Ram with alcohol injection and nitrous Empty NOS hat injector plate

Post  AlkyPinto June 6th 2013, 11:47 am

Nitrous Express put spray bars in a 1 1/4" hat injector spacer
I sent them. They recommended adding gasoline so there are
spray bars for both gasoline & NOS in the spacer that fits
right under the hat injector. The motor runs on alky and the
gasoline is just the supplement to the NOS. The kit they
made me will go up to 300HP. So far I've only tried the 150
shot. I have a video of the dyno session with the 150 shot at:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TNIPZk6MyBA

I'm going to sell the whole NOS system after this season if
you are interested? Including 3 bottles.

Rich
AlkyPinto
AlkyPinto

http://www.RichKentRacing.com

Back to top Go down

Post  FordMudBogger15 June 7th 2013, 10:37 am

What heads and intake are you running on that? Do you think injection hat set up is worth running?

FordMudBogger15

Back to top Go down

Post  AlkyPinto June 7th 2013, 10:47 am

Weiand tunnel ram intake & Blue Thunder B heads.
The NOS plate under the hat just adds even more power.
Its working great so far. Will test the 300 shot soon.
AlkyPinto
AlkyPinto

Back to top Go down

Post  KY JELLY June 7th 2013, 1:37 pm

The blue thunder manifolds are aluminum , they are a modified blower manifold. Enderle started using them for their hat setups sometime after weiand was bought out because of availibity issues , weiand was just right down the road from them before the buyout.

I have a friend that has a nos plate system that fits under a hat for sale , its only about 1/2 " thick.
KY JELLY
KY JELLY

Back to top Go down

Post  FordMudBogger15 June 7th 2013, 3:03 pm

What kinda block are you running? Never heard of a 645 before would like to go big cubic inches like that and did you make 1100+ hp on just motor or with nitrous? And where can you buy the nitrous plate? Sorry for all the questions, just very curious cause that's a badass motor.

FordMudBogger15

Back to top Go down

Post  AlkyPinto June 8th 2013, 11:53 am

Eliminator Products "Premier" (and now siamese) block.
4.650" bore & 4.750" crank. Plate was cut down from
a hat spacer. I'm selling the whole NOS system at the
end of the season if you are interested?
AlkyPinto
AlkyPinto

Back to top Go down

Post  FordMudBogger15 June 8th 2013, 8:50 pm

Do you think I'd be better off running aluminum heads an intake on a cast iron block like you or go all aluminum? Cause you were makin the kinda power I want but I didn't know if the aluminum block would give me more power. I know it'd run a lot cooler.

FordMudBogger15

Back to top Go down

Post  schmitty June 8th 2013, 10:11 pm

Usually an aluminum block sacrifices power because of expansion, but makes it up in the lighter weight. I'd stay with the iron block, cheaper and more readily available. Alky doesn't always work well with all of the head choices, and gas usually makes more power, and has less maintenance.
schmitty
schmitty

Back to top Go down

Post  FordMudBogger15 June 8th 2013, 11:07 pm

So would the Blue Thunder "B" heads be good with alky injection?

FordMudBogger15

Back to top Go down

Post  DanH June 10th 2013, 1:02 pm

check your messages (inbox)

DanH

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down