Bought a 2.3 powered Ford yesterday

Go down

Bought a 2.3 powered Ford yesterday

Post  GT300TD on July 2nd 2013, 12:17 pm

Have been thinking about selling my' little beater', '04 Ranger (136,800 miles). Was on the internet Sunday and found an '87 Thunderbird Turbo Coupe with 22,852 actual miles Shocked . Called about it at 10:05 am yesterday (they opened at 10:00) to see if they still had it. Loaded my grumbling wife, who had to drink her coffee and take a shower, in the Ranger and drove the 26 miles to the dealership. The salesman/part owner of the small dealership said he had gotten 2 emails from a guy in Virginia that was really interested in it, if he could get it shipped, but since I called about it first I had first chance. I thought yeah right, an old salesmans trick Rolling Eyes . Was making the deal when the salesman showed me the the emails along with another that said he could get it shipped for $550 and would take. I decided to quit trying to get the price down and sign the papers Very Happy . My wife had a different attitude on the way home. She had always referred to the Ranger as my truck, now she was referring to the TBird as her car Rolling Eyes Smile .


GT300TD
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Posts : 629
Join date : 2009-12-11
Age : 70
Location : Lancaster, Ohio

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Bought a 2.3 powered Ford yesterday

Post  61coon on July 2nd 2013, 1:16 pm

Sounds like a great find! I have one of "those" rangers too. Lol. Funny how your wife shifted gears on ya.Very Happy 
avatar
61coon

Posts : 1817
Join date : 2009-08-07
Age : 40
Location : Hillsboro,TN

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Bought a 2.3 powered Ford yesterday

Post  72mav on July 2nd 2013, 5:09 pm

If it's bigger,, newer and better, you know whos gonna win......
avatar
72mav

Posts : 1080
Join date : 2008-12-03
Age : 55
Location : central Michigan

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Sales sights

Post  STHAZLET on July 2nd 2013, 9:24 pm

Anyone know of any good sights to sell race cars and parts on besides RacingJunk or Yellow bullet?Need to find a new home for the two chassis cars? Just checking.
avatar
STHAZLET

Posts : 472
Join date : 2010-02-03
Age : 65
Location : Waterloo,Iowa

View user profile http://WWW.WEBERHAZLET.COM

Back to top Go down

Re: Bought a 2.3 powered Ford yesterday

Post  bbf-falcon on July 3rd 2013, 8:49 am

Pic's,or it never happened.Laughing 

bbf-falcon

Posts : 8992
Join date : 2008-12-03
Location : Jackson, Ohio

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Bought a 2.3 powered Ford yesterday

Post  83-88T-Bird Guy on July 3rd 2013, 9:00 am

GT300TD wrote: Have been thinking about selling my' little beater', '04 Ranger (136,800 miles). Was on the internet Sunday and found an '87 Thunderbird Turbo Coupe with 22,852 actual miles  Shocked . Called about it at 10:05 am yesterday (they opened at 10:00) to see if they still had it. Loaded my grumbling wife, who had to drink her coffee and take a shower, in the Ranger and drove the 26 miles to the dealership. The salesman/part owner of the small dealership said he had gotten 2 emails from a guy in Virginia that was really interested in it, if he could get it shipped, but since I called about it first I had first chance. I thought yeah right, an old salesmans trick Rolling Eyes . Was making the deal when the salesman showed me the the emails along with another that said he could get it shipped for $550 and would take. I decided to quit trying to get the price down and sign the papers Very Happy . My wife had a different attitude on the way home. She had always referred to the Ranger as my truck, now she was referring to the TBird as her car Rolling Eyes Smile .


Congrats on your find.
22K miles sure is low. I have been looking for a super clean all original TC myself.
I've owned 17 of the 87-88 Turbo Coupes over the years. Love 'em.
Only have one left tho.

Post some pics up of the car when you get a chance.
avatar
83-88T-Bird Guy

Posts : 965
Join date : 2008-12-03
Age : 103
Location : Bardstown, KY

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Bought a 2.3 powered Ford yesterday

Post  GT300TD on July 3rd 2013, 10:30 am

bbf-falcon wrote:Pic's,or it never happened.Laughing 


Gotta get it first, then figure out how again scratch Rolling Eyes. That is if I can get it away from Diane long enough lol! 



GT300TD
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Posts : 629
Join date : 2009-12-11
Age : 70
Location : Lancaster, Ohio

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Bought a 2.3 powered Ford yesterday

Post  bbf-falcon on July 3rd 2013, 10:54 pm

You and Diane can drive it down. Sooz got her a new Black Mustang Conv. she like's showin off too.Very Happy 

bbf-falcon

Posts : 8992
Join date : 2008-12-03
Location : Jackson, Ohio

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Bought a 2.3 powered Ford yesterday

Post  Tore on July 3rd 2013, 11:00 pm

I have had 2 Birds. I still have an 88 with 62k on it. Just installed the Gillis Valve to give it more boost. There a rocket when worked on a little.


Tore
avatar
Tore

Posts : 805
Join date : 2009-08-19

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Bought a 2.3 powered Ford yesterday

Post  bbf-falcon on July 3rd 2013, 11:11 pm

My brother had 2 SC's,they ran good but were hard on harmonic balancers breaking off.

bbf-falcon

Posts : 8992
Join date : 2008-12-03
Location : Jackson, Ohio

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Bought a 2.3 powered Ford yesterday

Post  bruno on July 4th 2013, 10:45 am

great find ....but we are waiting on these pics Laughing 
avatar
bruno
Moderator
Moderator

Posts : 10539
Join date : 2008-12-02
Age : 45
Location : MILLBROOK , AL.

View user profile http://WWW.CKRME.COM

Back to top Go down

Re: Bought a 2.3 powered Ford yesterday

Post  GT300TD on July 4th 2013, 11:08 am

bbf-falcon wrote:You and Diane can drive it down. Sooz got her a new Black Mustang Conv. she like's showin off too.Very Happy 


I'm sure Diane will be looking for an excuse to 'run some gas' through it lol! Would be a good ride for sure cheers 



GT300TD
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Posts : 629
Join date : 2009-12-11
Age : 70
Location : Lancaster, Ohio

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Bought a 2.3 powered Ford yesterday

Post  GT300TD on July 4th 2013, 11:11 am

bbf-falcon wrote:My brother had 2 SC's,they ran good but were hard on harmonic balancers breaking off.


I don't suppose that could be attributed to the way he drove it Suspect 


GT300TD
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Posts : 629
Join date : 2009-12-11
Age : 70
Location : Lancaster, Ohio

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Bought a 2.3 powered Ford yesterday

Post  Dave C. on July 4th 2013, 2:13 pm

I want to know how the wife showered and made coffee in a little Ranger..scratch 

Dave C.

Posts : 1268
Join date : 2013-03-23

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Bought a 2.3 powered Ford yesterday

Post  bbf-falcon on July 4th 2013, 10:51 pm

GT300TD wrote:
bbf-falcon wrote:My brother had 2 SC's,they ran good but were hard on harmonic balancers breaking off.


I don't suppose that could be attributed to the way he drove it Suspect 


No,actually I was w/him and it snapped at the crank while we were driving down 23 at 58mph.Embarassed 

bbf-falcon

Posts : 8992
Join date : 2008-12-03
Location : Jackson, Ohio

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Bought a 2.3 powered Ford yesterday

Post  GT300TD on July 6th 2013, 2:55 pm

Dave C. wrote:I want to know how the wife showered and made coffee in a little Ranger..scratch 


The way I worded it I can see how you could have taken it that way, VERY good 'comeback' lol! 



GT300TD
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Posts : 629
Join date : 2009-12-11
Age : 70
Location : Lancaster, Ohio

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum