BIG BLOCK FORD
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Gun rights in Bama.

+17
4thHorseman
56Tbird
bruno
ThndrChkn
IDT-572
the Coug
70FB
GT300TD
maverick
Curt
dfree383
Dave C.
fordguy69
bbf-falcon
rmcomprandy
dr's wife racing
waypastcrazy
21 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Gun rights in Bama. Empty Gun rights in Bama.

Post  waypastcrazy August 4th 2013, 1:02 am

Glad to see some change.
Should lead to less constant harrasment for us 2nd amend open carry citizens.

http://blog.al.com/wire/2013/07/six_things_to_know_about_alaba.html
waypastcrazy
waypastcrazy

Back to top Go down

Gun rights in Bama. Empty Re: Gun rights in Bama.

Post  dr's wife racing August 4th 2013, 8:46 am

I always keeep my permit current. I've had more problems out of pain in the ass game wardens who think they are Clent Eastwood than I any thing.As a matter of fact I have not had a problem with any regular law enforcement officer about this.
We have a local game warden that is difficut.Thank goodness only abut 80 acers of our land is in his area.I'm not doing anything illegal I just have a problem with someone coming on your personal private land ie. not in a hunting club. snooping around.I have a ace in the hole if he bothers me .It is a Working Farm so all I have to do is say it was a pest and destructive and I can basicly do what ever I need to dispose of it.
Sorry for the rant he is just a pecker and looks for loop holes to trap people. I'm act. worried about his safty.With his personality he's going to run across the wrong folks one of these days and it's not going to be a good ending. Maybe he'll settle down or get fired.
dr's wife racing
dr's wife racing
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  rmcomprandy August 4th 2013, 9:51 am

dr's wife racing wrote:I always keeep my permit current. I've had more problems out of pain in the ass game wardens who think they are Clent Eastwood than I any thing.As a matter of fact I have not had a problem with any regular law enforcement officer about this.
 We have a local game warden that is difficut.Thank goodness only abut 80 acers of our land is in his area.I'm not doing anything illegal I just have a problem with someone coming on your personal private land ie. not in a hunting club. snooping around.I have a ace in the hole if he bothers me .It is a Working Farm so all I have to do is say it was a pest and destructive and I can basicly do what ever I need to dispose of it.
Sorry for the rant he is just a pecker and looks for loop holes to trap people. I'm act. worried about his safty.With his personality he's going to run across the wrong folks one of these days and it's not going to be a good ending. Maybe he'll settle down or get fired.

He needs to get confronted and shot as a prowler/trespasser, go to court about it and be ruled by the courts that he was in the wrong. NOTHING else will alter his thinking.

I ran into Wal Mart to get some oil and was met at the register by 2 uniformed police because I had my pistol in the holster on my waistband. After a bunch of questions, (I was on my way home and was not going to leave my pistol in the truck to maybe get stolen), and temporarily surrendering my weapon everything went back to normal after showing the permit..
The Wal Mart workers and customers were aghast at what happened ... to many people just don't know about gun laws.As it turns out, I didn't even NEED to have that permit as it was plainly out in the open.

rmcomprandy

http://www.rmcompetition.com

Back to top Go down

Post  bbf-falcon August 4th 2013, 11:09 am

dr's wife racing wrote:I always keeep my permit current. I've had more problems out of pain in the ass game wardens who think they are Clent Eastwood than I any thing.As a matter of fact I have not had a problem with any regular law enforcement officer about this.

I think its a uniform thing w/some people Ward. I was at a Auction yesterday and seen a guy that own's a foreign salvage yard there dressed in a DEPUTY unform directing traffic. He had his own little crown vic and the whole 9 yards. He was always a really nice guy at the yard,but yesterday that uniform turned him into a REAL asshole.Evil or Very Mad 

bbf-falcon

Back to top Go down

Post  waypastcrazy August 4th 2013, 2:50 pm

, I didn't even NEED to have that permit as it was plainly out in the open.
[/quote]Exactly correct.
supreme court ruled years ago concealed carry is the evil way to uphold 2nd amendment and states could make laws to govern it.
They also ruled open carry is the best way to uphold 2nd amend.My opinion is concealed carry leaves door open for a criminal to cause confrontation.Open carry sends a message and a criminal is more likely to steer clear.
To pass a law against open carry would violate the 2nd.
Bama is just educating the people and law enforcement on what the 2nd is.Which I think will stop the harrassment because people think open carry is not legal.
waypastcrazy
waypastcrazy

Back to top Go down

Post  fordguy69 August 4th 2013, 3:46 pm

Government has been subverting the 2nd Amendment since 1934 and the NFA.  They continued down the path to tyranny in 1968 and the GCA, again in 1994 and the VCCLEA (Assault Weapons Ban), and now the despot in charge of the US is making the final push to disarm the citizens as all Totalitarians eventually do.  See Nazi Germany, Cambodia and Pol Pot, Russia and Stalin, China and Mao Tse Tung and so on.  

The fight is not over, they will push it again and harder after 2014 elections, and he continues to issue EO's that are unconstitutional and violate the 2A.  See what his EPA brownshirts are doing with the push to ban lead in ammo and push "green" ammo which is 10 times more expensive and look at his and Biden's history on wanting to tax ammo so egregiously that no one will be able to afford it.  After all, a gun without ammo is just an expensive rock to throw.  Massive new restrictions on reloading supplies under the guise of safety post Boston bombing.  And take a look at the history of his appointment to head the ATF Todd Jones.  It ain't pretty.  

And don't think this is a Republican rant, cause they suck too and most of them are in line with the Fascists on the left.  Bloomberg and Soros money and influence has infected the vast majority of all them in DC.

Sorry for the rant, but this crap seriously makes my blood pressure spike.  I am going to go lie down now. Mad  

Oh, and for the NSA guys reading this against the 4th amendment, my name is Warren Johnson and I drive a chevy or olds or something made by Government Motors Very Happy

fordguy69

Back to top Go down

Post  rmcomprandy August 4th 2013, 11:06 pm

waypastcrazy wrote:

Exactly correct.
supreme court ruled years ago concealed carry is the evil way to uphold 2nd amendment and states could make laws to govern it.
They also ruled open carry is the best way to uphold 2nd  amend.My opinion is concealed carry leaves door open for a criminal to cause confrontation.Open carry sends a message and a criminal is more likely to steer clear.
To pass a law against open carry would violate the 2nd.
Bama is just educating the people and law enforcement on what the 2nd is.Which I think will stop the harassment because people think open carry is not legal.

I'll try and explain this "PITA" difference in Michigan and probably anywhere else..
OPEN CARRY, just like it says, I can carry a pistol out in the open for anyone to see; (with just a few restrictions).
NOW ... when I get to my vehicle, I need to unload the weapon , put it in the trunk or a "Lock Box, permanently attached to the vehicle" and the ammunition in the "other" place BEFORE closing the vehicle door with myself inside ... because if I carried it there it is now concealed.

Having a CPL alleviates that type of problem ... unless I just wanted to walk everywhere or ride a horse.

rmcomprandy

Back to top Go down

Post  Dave C. August 5th 2013, 5:32 am

I would rather not open carry. It takes the surprise factor out of the situation. A nice ankle holster or waist band rig works for me. If you are carrying open and a bad guy sees your gun (that you are showing off ) and that bad guy decides he wants your gun, he 's gonna whip your butt and take it ...... I'd also like to say I don't think most people should carry a weapon . They have no training and no experience in deadly force situations, therefore when it hits the fan they have no clue what to do . Some people think it's ok to shoot a game warden for trespassing ! Shocked  That proves my point .

Dave C.

Back to top Go down

Post  dfree383 August 5th 2013, 6:08 am

Dave C. wrote:I would rather not open carry. It takes the surprise factor out of the situation. A nice ankle holster or waist band rig works for me. If you are carrying open and a bad guy sees your gun (that you are showing off ) and that bad guy decides he wants your gun, he 's gonna whip your butt and take it ...... I'd also like to say I don't think most people should carry a weapon . They have no training and no experience in deadly force situations, therefore when it hits the fan they have no clue what to do . Some people think it's ok to shoot a game warden for trespassing ! Shocked  That proves my point .

Game warden shouldn't be tresspassing with out permission from the owner..... on public land... thats a different story, then it his job.
dfree383
dfree383
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  Dave C. August 5th 2013, 6:14 am

Agreed ....That's not a reason to shoot him though.

Dave C.

Back to top Go down

Post  dfree383 August 5th 2013, 6:15 am

Dave C. wrote:Agreed ....That's not a reason to shoot him though.

Should be....
dfree383
dfree383
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  Dave C. August 5th 2013, 6:19 am

Go back to bed.

Dave C.

Back to top Go down

Post  dfree383 August 5th 2013, 6:26 am

Dave C. wrote:Go back to bed.

its 1:25 in the afternoon here.... bounce 
dfree383
dfree383
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  Curt August 5th 2013, 9:17 am

rmcomprandy wrote:

I ran into Wal Mart to get some oil and was met at the register by 2 uniformed police because I had my pistol in the holster on my waistband. After a bunch of questions, (I was on my way home and was not going to leave my pistol in the truck to maybe get stolen), and temporarily surrendering my weapon everything went back to normal after showing the permit..

I just gained new respect for you! Like you, in Michigan, I wouldn't go across the street without a firearm, especially leaving it in my vehicle for someone to use on me.
Curt
Curt

Back to top Go down

Post  rmcomprandy August 5th 2013, 9:17 am

Dave C. wrote:Agreed ....That's not a reason to shoot him though.

For the record, I never said it would be OK; just that it would be the only thing to change his way of thinking about it.

rmcomprandy

Back to top Go down

Post  dr's wife racing August 5th 2013, 9:54 am

I wasn't saying I wanted to shoot him. I was saying I'm afraid he will be shot. Nothing I hunt is worth shooting anyone over. The way he acts he will run across somebody who feels like it is worth shooting someone over. Nothing good will come out of that. I wish he would stick to poachers and spot lighters.That would keep him plenty busy.The other side of it is the game warden in lamar co has a permit to turkey hunt our farm and is a cool guy.
As for concealed carry, I never carry in the open always concealed with a permit. I have no problem going by the law. It is still the same old issue thugs don't go by laws anyway.
dr's wife racing
dr's wife racing
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  maverick August 5th 2013, 10:11 am

Down here, you can pretty much assume that everybody is carrying. In the 6 years I've lived in this small town, I can't recall an armed robbery at any business or store. I figure it's because everybody knows what a bad idea that would be...everyone else in the vicinity would quickly make a robber too heavy to run.
maverick
maverick
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  Dave C. August 5th 2013, 10:35 am

It's a shame the killers manage to pick a place to execute several people where nobody in the place has a gun. I think as more people carry firearms we will see fewer mass killings . I hope......trust me, the new firearms laws are jacked up in the way they are written . The city attys. can't even decide how to interpret them. Bottom line is and always has been , deadly force can only used if someone's life is in immediate danger...........Oklahoma just sent a pharmacist to prison for shooting a kid that was trying to rob him. Pharmacist shot him in the head and did not kill him. Pharmacist go's outside and fires at the other robber who is running away. Pharmacist re enters the store, steps over the unconscious unarmed robber, retrieves another gun from the desk, approaches the unconscious robber , and pumps 5 rounds in him...... Anyone see a problem here? .....,.....I'm out of hot air.....Carry on.

Dave C.

Back to top Go down

Post  dfree383 August 5th 2013, 10:49 am

Dave C. wrote:It's a shame the killers manage to pick a place to execute several people where nobody in the place has a gun. I think as more people carry firearms we will see fewer mass killings . I hope......trust me, the new firearms laws are jacked up in the way they are written . The city attys. can't even decide how to interpret them. Bottom line is and always has been , deadly force can only used if someone's life is in immediate danger...........Oklahoma just sent a pharmacist to prison for shooting a kid that was trying to rob him. Pharmacist shot him in the head and did not kill him. Pharmacist go's outside and fires at the other robber who is running away. Pharmacist re enters the store, steps over the unconscious unarmed robber, retrieves another gun from the desk, approaches the unconscious robber , and pumps 5 rounds in him...... Anyone see a problem here? .....,.....I'm out of hot air.....Carry on.

Yeah thats an issue..... The threat was neutralized... he should not have came back and exicuted the kid like that, thats wrong.... he should have been a better shot or followed up with several more immediatly, then no questions would have been raised.

Last edited by dfree383 on August 5th 2013, 12:04 pm; edited 1 time in total
dfree383
dfree383
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  bbf-falcon August 5th 2013, 11:01 am

I agree w/Dave,the threat was over. I won't hesitate to shoot someone that enters my house to harm or rob me,but I couldn't live w/myself if after he was down and still that I kept shooting him full of lead.Thats just evil imo.

bbf-falcon

Back to top Go down

Post  GT300TD August 5th 2013, 11:40 am

I've had me concealed carry for about 8 years. I had to list ALL of my places of residence since I was 18 years old to even apply for a license. Then I was sent a letter saying I could apply for my license. Then I had to take a 12 hour course, 10 hours of classroom and had to get at least a 70 on the test, then 2 hours of firing range. My daughter got her CCL while working in Florida last year. She had to listen to a retired police officer for about 1/2 hour and empty 1 clip at a target. Last year I copied a list of the States that recognize other States CCL's and the Florida CCL was recognized in more States than any other.
Personally, I am glad to have gone through what I did to get my CCL. It showed me how particular the State was in order to issue a CCL, but wonder why more instruction, range time and particularily BACKGROUND checks are not required in ALL states scratch 

GT300TD
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  70FB August 5th 2013, 12:15 pm

I've had my CWP since about 1995. They fingerprinted me,did a background check and made me show them my hunting liscense from the past 5 years. It was free. That was it. But now require classes and money included with all the rest. I think its a good thing because there are more and more people in my area that don't hunt or ever shoot a gun for anything. They just want a gun and permit to be able to say they have one. Those people should not have one without going through the training. Just my 2 cents.
70FB
70FB
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  the Coug August 5th 2013, 12:37 pm

Dave C. wrote:It's a shame the killers manage to pick a place to execute several people where nobody in the place has a gun. I think as more people carry firearms we will see fewer mass killings . I hope......trust me, the new firearms laws are jacked up in the way they are written . The city attys. can't even decide how to interpret them. Bottom line is and always has been , deadly force can only used if someone's life is in immediate danger...........Oklahoma just sent a pharmacist to prison for shooting a kid that was trying to rob him. Pharmacist shot him in the head and did not kill him. Pharmacist go's outside and fires at the other robber who is running away. Pharmacist re enters the store, steps over the unconscious unarmed robber, retrieves another gun from the desk, approaches the unconscious robber , and pumps 5 rounds in him...... Anyone see a problem here? .....,.....I'm out of hot air.....Carry on.

Yeah I see a problem Give me the guys name and I will send him more bullets... defend yourself and you are crusified only the Crooks have rights
the Coug
the Coug

Back to top Go down

Post  IDT-572 August 5th 2013, 12:56 pm

Yes I see a problem, The problem is if the crook had lived, he would have owned everything the pharmacist owned or would ever own.Rolling Eyes 

I could not or would not have killed him after he was down, but the law needs to protect someone defending their life or property. It seems when seeing the national news most times the offender has more rights...........Twisted Evil
IDT-572
IDT-572
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  GT300TD August 5th 2013, 3:01 pm

GT300TD wrote:
I've had me concealed carry for about 8 years. I had to list ALL of my places of residence since I was 18 years old to even apply for a license. Then I was sent a letter saying I could apply for my license.  Then I had to take a 12 hour course, 10 hours of classroom and had to get at least a 70 on the test, then 2 hours of firing range. My daughter got her CCL while working in Florida last year. She had to listen to a retired police officer for about 1/2 hour and empty 1 clip at a target. Last year I copied a list of the States that recognize other States CCL's and the Florida CCL was recognized in more States than any other.
Personally, I am glad to have gone through what I did to get my CCL. It showed me how particular the State was in order to issue a CCL, but wonder why more instruction, range time and particularily BACKGROUND checks are not required in ALL states scratch 

And it cost $300 for the course!

GT300TD
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum