How much hp?

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

How much hp?

Post  tfsbbf466 on August 8th 2013, 12:36 pm

I just got the motor running this week in the truck. Havent driven it yet bc i dropped the alternator and broke the plug off. Wondering how much hp it should make with the new shortblock.

514ci
4.44x4.15
Dished piston around 10.3:1
TFS streets ported supposed to flow 370
RHP solid FT 251/260 .606-.658 109ls
Victor 4150
850dp
1 7/8 headers 3" collector


Last edited by tfsbbf466 on August 8th 2013, 7:19 pm; edited 1 time in total

tfsbbf466

Posts : 165
Join date : 2012-03-08

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: How much hp?

Post  LivermoreDave on August 8th 2013, 2:02 pm

I don't necessarily enjoy guessing games, so here's my prediction!

680 - 710 horsepower near 6500 rpm, torque near 600 ft.lbs. close to 4000 - 4500 rpm.

Yes, I walked the plank,
Dave.

LivermoreDave

Posts : 972
Join date : 2009-09-27
Location : North of the Equator.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: How much hp?

Post  IDT-572 on August 8th 2013, 2:50 pm

I'm in.......... 650 hp @ 5700 620 tq @ 4500
avatar
IDT-572
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Posts : 4598
Join date : 2008-12-02
Age : 57
Location : Shelbyville Tn.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: How much hp?

Post  richter69 on August 8th 2013, 3:34 pm

651.............
avatar
richter69

Posts : 13645
Join date : 2008-12-02
Age : 47
Location : In the winners circle

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: How much hp?

Post  IDT-572 on August 8th 2013, 3:57 pm

richter69 wrote:651.............
Intelligent Donkey..............
avatar
IDT-572
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Posts : 4598
Join date : 2008-12-02
Age : 57
Location : Shelbyville Tn.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: How much hp?

Post  the Coug on August 8th 2013, 4:27 pm

600hp 590 Tq
avatar
the Coug

Posts : 3055
Join date : 2008-12-02

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: How much hp?

Post  John Myrick on August 8th 2013, 5:13 pm

620 hp / 636 ft lbs
avatar
John Myrick
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Posts : 1074
Join date : 2011-02-05
Age : 56
Location : Maryland

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: How much hp?

Post  richter69 on August 8th 2013, 6:16 pm

everything is lower in Texas.......
avatar
richter69

Posts : 13645
Join date : 2008-12-02
Age : 47
Location : In the winners circle

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: How much hp?

Post  tfsbbf466 on August 8th 2013, 6:38 pm

It isn't getting dynod just a lot of track and street passes. Sounds alot tougher then the 466 did lol. Hoping to push 4100lbs pretty far into the 11s. Figured 650 is obtainable. What do you think it would gain with a cam and carb swap?

tfsbbf466

Posts : 165
Join date : 2012-03-08

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: How much hp?

Post  rmcomprandy on August 8th 2013, 6:43 pm

If those parts are truthful and it doesn't make 660 horsepower with 590 lb /ft of torque ... it's a stone.

EDIT: Although the headers may choke it down a bit on the top. I didn't know there was even a CJ port header available with that tiny tube diameter.

rmcomprandy

Posts : 5093
Join date : 2008-12-02
Location : Roseville, Michigan

View user profile http://www.rmcompetition.com

Back to top Go down

Re: How much hp?

Post  John Myrick on August 8th 2013, 6:57 pm

Here is what I'm using ....1 3/4" with 3" collector

http://www.fordpowertrain.com/FPAindex/Mustang1.htm
avatar
John Myrick
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Posts : 1074
Join date : 2011-02-05
Age : 56
Location : Maryland

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: How much hp?

Post  tfsbbf466 on August 8th 2013, 7:14 pm

rmcomprandy wrote:If those parts are truthful and it doesn't make 660 horsepower with 590 lb /ft of torque ... it's a stone.

EDIT: Although the headers may choke it down a bit on the top. I didn't know there was even a CJ port header available with that tiny tube diameter.
Unfortunately they aren't cj port but can be modified so they match up to the port roof. If I'm leaving a lot on the table ill buy 2" headers for it. It will see moderate nitrous use as well so it needs it. All specs are truthful except the heads as I haven't had them flowed myself.

*headers are 1 7/8 with 3" collectors. Hooker super comps

tfsbbf466

Posts : 165
Join date : 2012-03-08

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: How much hp?

Post  bbf-falcon on August 8th 2013, 9:59 pm

tfsbbf466 wrote:I just got the motor running this week in the truck. Havent driven it yet bc i dropped the alternator and broke the plug off. Wondering how much hp it should make with the new shortblock.

514ci
4.44x4.15
Dished piston around 10.3:1
TFS streets ported supposed to flow 370
RHP solid FT 251/260 .606-.658 109ls
Victor 4150
850dp
1 7/8 headers 3" collector
W/only 10.5 comp. I will guess 600+ according to tune,but w/added comp close to 675/700.

bbf-falcon

Posts : 8992
Join date : 2008-12-03
Location : Jackson, Ohio

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: How much hp?

Post  LivermoreDave on August 8th 2013, 10:09 pm

tfsbbf466 wrote:It isn't getting dynod just a lot of track and street passes. Sounds alot tougher then the 466 did lol. Hoping to push 4100lbs pretty far into the 11s. Figured 650 is obtainable. What do you think it would gain with a cam and carb swap?
That was a concern of my guesstimate, the camshaft.

Dave.

LivermoreDave

Posts : 972
Join date : 2009-09-27
Location : North of the Equator.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: How much hp?

Post  bigblok2000ranger on August 8th 2013, 10:24 pm

Why such a huge split on the lift? Carb is definitely too small. How do you grind a custom cam without flow numbers? Horsepower tv made 630 with out of the box tfs heads on a stock 460 short block so you should be able to beat that unless something is easy off.
avatar
bigblok2000ranger

Posts : 1745
Join date : 2010-04-07
Age : 39
Location : Beloit,WI

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: How much hp?

Post  rmcomprandy on August 8th 2013, 10:46 pm

tfsbbf466 wrote:
rmcomprandy wrote:If those parts are truthful and it doesn't make 660 horsepower with 590 lb /ft of torque ... it's a stone.

EDIT: Although the headers may choke it down a bit on the top. I didn't know there was even a CJ port header available with that tiny tube diameter.
Unfortunately they aren't cj port but can be modified so they match up to the port roof. If I'm leaving a lot on the table ill buy 2" headers for it. It will see moderate nitrous use as well so it needs it. All specs are truthful except the heads as I haven't had them flowed myself.

*headers are 1 7/8 with 3" collectors. Hooker super comps
Unfortunately the port sizes have the CJ port about 5/16" of an inch taller that a regular passenger car port. That is a mighty tall flange and awful thick tubing if that flange can be modified to fit the CJ size without a major step.
Maybe you can modify the bolt hole location and move the entire header up.

The Trick Flow exhaust ports ARE CJ exhaust port height.
A 2" CJ header would certainly be a step in the right direction.

rmcomprandy

Posts : 5093
Join date : 2008-12-02
Location : Roseville, Michigan

View user profile http://www.rmcompetition.com

Back to top Go down

Re: How much hp?

Post  Lem Evans on August 8th 2013, 11:07 pm

rmcomprandy wrote:
tfsbbf466 wrote:
rmcomprandy wrote:If those parts are truthful and it doesn't make 660 horsepower with 590 lb /ft of torque ... it's a stone.

EDIT: Although the headers may choke it down a bit on the top. I didn't know there was even a CJ port header available with that tiny tube diameter.
Unfortunately they aren't cj port but can be modified so they match up to the port roof. If I'm leaving a lot on the table ill buy 2" headers for it. It will see moderate nitrous use as well so it needs it. All specs are truthful except the heads as I haven't had them flowed myself.

*headers are 1 7/8 with 3" collectors. Hooker super comps
Unfortunately the port sizes have the CJ port about 5/16" of an inch taller that a regular passenger car port.  That is a mighty tall flange and awful thick tubing if that flange can be modified to fit the CJ size without a major step.
Maybe you can modify the bolt hole location and move the entire header up.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Agreed...it'll be a challenge to make a std. flanged header fit a the CJ/SCJ roof ht.

Lem Evans

Posts : 7102
Join date : 2008-12-03
Location : Livermore , Ky

View user profile http://bfevansraceparts.com

Back to top Go down

Re: How much hp?

Post  tfsbbf466 on August 9th 2013, 1:33 am

rmcomprandy wrote:Maybe you can modify the bolt hole location and move the entire header up.
That is exactly what I planned on doing but I always get lazy during the last few steps lol. I put a std ex gasket over a cj gasket and if you move the std gasket up you can line it up with the top of the port. It's around 1/4 like you said. The header flange has enough material to pull it off just not sure what to oval the holes out with.

Took it out tonight for the first time and I can def say it has a lot more bottom end torque over the hurt 466. No delay at all it hits hard right off idle. And it pulls out normal a lot smoother. I didn't make any full pulls but if the cam holds on to near 6k it should pick up quite a bit. Going to check the valves and change the oil tomorrow then ill lay into it more.

tfsbbf466

Posts : 165
Join date : 2012-03-08

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: How much hp?

Post  P.Lafferty on August 9th 2013, 9:12 am

For what it's worth my 466 with streets and a flat tappet made 650 hp and 595 ft.lbs. on pump gas. a 2in. header over the 1.75 made some 25 to 30 hp and tq. more

P.Lafferty

Posts : 31
Join date : 2010-03-03

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: How much hp?

Post  IDT-572 on August 9th 2013, 9:23 am

P.Lafferty wrote:For what it's worth my 466 with streets and a flat tappet made 650 hp and 595 ft.lbs. on pump gas. a 2in. header over the 1.75 made some 25 to 30 hp and tq. more
What was your cam specs?
avatar
IDT-572
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Posts : 4598
Join date : 2008-12-02
Age : 57
Location : Shelbyville Tn.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: How much hp?

Post  P.Lafferty on August 9th 2013, 2:08 pm

Blake, they are .620s lift intake and .640s ex. 255 in. 262 ex. dur. I posted it in the proven builds a year or two back.

P.Lafferty

Posts : 31
Join date : 2010-03-03

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: How much hp?

Post  IDT-572 on August 9th 2013, 2:13 pm

P.Lafferty wrote:Blake, they are .620s lift intake and .640s ex. 255 in. 262 ex. dur. I posted it in the proven builds a year or two back.
I will look it up, I'm curious about the rpm it made peak tq and peak hp.
avatar
IDT-572
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Posts : 4598
Join date : 2008-12-02
Age : 57
Location : Shelbyville Tn.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: How much hp?

Post  IDT-572 on August 9th 2013, 2:19 pm

IDT-572 wrote:
P.Lafferty wrote:Blake, they are .620s lift intake and .640s ex. 255 in. 262 ex. dur. I posted it in the proven builds a year or two back.
I will look it up, I'm curious about the rpm it made peak tq and peak hp.
Found it............. http://www.429-460.com/t4127-going-to-the-dyno
avatar
IDT-572
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Posts : 4598
Join date : 2008-12-02
Age : 57
Location : Shelbyville Tn.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: How much hp?

Post  tfsbbf466 on August 9th 2013, 5:11 pm

That's very impressive out of a 466. My 466 made 455rwhp 430 tq through a c6 and full exhaust. Basically same set up I have now but 48ci smaller. It went 11.48 best 114mph at 4100lbs.

tfsbbf466

Posts : 165
Join date : 2012-03-08

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: How much hp?

Post  dfree383 on August 10th 2013, 2:18 am

About 652 is my guess pirat , needs more cam cab and compression IMO if you want to see big number.

Should run like a raped ape......... even with the street oriented stuff.
avatar
dfree383
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Posts : 14130
Join date : 2009-07-09
Location : Home Wif Da Wife.....

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum