BIG BLOCK FORD
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Victory Valve Stems Pitting ?

3 posters

Go down

Victory Valve Stems Pitting ? Empty Victory Valve Stems Pitting ?

Post  colormebad August 25th 2013, 6:35 pm

Anyone know why new valves that haven't ran 3 hours total' would have pitting above the valve guide area ?
Heads sit for about 3 months before i got them when i ordered them new, Then i had them in the boxes they came in for a little while in temp controlled shop , before installing...I have ask many people and no-one seems to know..Sent them back to victory and they say they polished and cleaned them up and they will be fine..Intake is TI and Exh is steel...I wont know till next week or so what they look like untill i get my heads back...First sent these in cause Victory said they would replace the valves, then later said they wouldn't..So i ask fri if these would be ok to run with nitrous and they said yes...Not sure i trust that answer....Victory also said it may have been the assy-lube they use at the shop where i bought them, that was put on the valves...

colormebad

Back to top Go down

Victory Valve Stems Pitting ? Empty Re: Victory Valve Stems Pitting ?

Post  c.evans August 25th 2013, 9:35 pm

Are you near a coast? As in a salt water coast. I have seen humidity and moisture from areas close to a coast cause pitting.

Charlie

c.evans
BBF VENDOR SPONSOR
BBF VENDOR SPONSOR

Back to top Go down

Post  richter69 August 25th 2013, 9:37 pm

deja vu......
richter69
richter69

Back to top Go down

Post  colormebad August 25th 2013, 9:54 pm

c.evans wrote:Are you near a coast?  As in a salt water coast.  I have seen humidity and moisture from areas close to a coast cause pitting.

Charlie
Humidity is bad here at times in ms' but have heat & air in well insulated shop...Just confused...

colormebad

Back to top Go down

Post  c.evans August 26th 2013, 11:27 pm

Well another thing,,,,and I know you have Victory valves,,,,but on the inside lid of box of Manley titanium valves there is a label saying not to clean them with fluorocarbons; meaning do not use BrakeClean of Carb cleaner. It attacks the plasma moly coating on the stems.

Charlie

c.evans
BBF VENDOR SPONSOR
BBF VENDOR SPONSOR

Back to top Go down

Post  colormebad August 26th 2013, 11:41 pm

c.evans wrote:Well another thing,,,,and I know you have Victory valves,,,,but on the inside lid of box of Manley titanium valves there is a label saying not to clean them with fluorocarbons; meaning do not use BrakeClean of Carb cleaner.  It attacks the plasma moly coating on the stems.

Charlie
I wish that were the case , at least i would know something...These valves were never took out of the heads since they were bought new , except when i took 1 int and 1 exh to check piston-valve clearance...Both the two i took out looked fine...Its just when i sent the heads back for them to look at the exh valve tip wearing after 3 hours only of running, that they told me of this..

colormebad

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down