BIG BLOCK FORD
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

aerospace 3 vane vacuum pump... anybody run one? good piece or not so much?

4 posters

Go down

aerospace 3 vane vacuum pump... anybody run one? good piece or not so much? Empty aerospace 3 vane vacuum pump... anybody run one? good piece or not so much?

Post  bluef100fe October 1st 2013, 2:18 pm

Seen a couple on ebay and thinking about purchasing to do away with the header evac system. Maybe pick up a few hp?..
bluef100fe
bluef100fe

Back to top Go down

aerospace 3 vane vacuum pump... anybody run one? good piece or not so much? Empty Re: aerospace 3 vane vacuum pump... anybody run one? good piece or not so much?

Post  TravisRice October 1st 2013, 3:37 pm

I'd buy a Moroso 3 or 4 vane and limit the vacuum with a cheap relief valve. I had a new early model Aerospace and it was a piece of junk. Others have had decent luck since I had mine. No problems with the Moroso here though.

TravisRice
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

aerospace 3 vane vacuum pump... anybody run one? good piece or not so much? Empty Re: aerospace 3 vane vacuum pump... anybody run one? good piece or not so much?

Post  HorsinAround October 1st 2013, 4:15 pm

I can't say if they are any good or not, but I can say I got one off ebay that was a referb one direct from aerospace. I also have one of their drive mandrels being delivered today.
I got the pump for less than half of what a new moroso cost. As long as it pulls the alky vapors out, I'm happy..
HorsinAround
HorsinAround

http://www.frontpagefab.com

Back to top Go down

Post  bluef100fe October 1st 2013, 5:34 pm

Alan that is what I was looking to do... the ones I found are claimed to be only 6-9 months old they appear to be v-belt driven not the cog belt like the others I have seen. Just trying to avoid buying junk... thanks
bluef100fe
bluef100fe

Back to top Go down

Post  whatbumper October 1st 2013, 6:41 pm

We run them with lots of luck. Easy to rebuild if the vanes are worn.

whatbumper

Back to top Go down

Post  bluef100fe October 1st 2013, 7:00 pm

Ok maybe I should pull the trigger on one... seems they are cheap enough on ebay... hence the questions... I have a extra groove not being used so seems like a win win for me... I imagine I should limit vacuum somewhat? Its a wet sump deal. What can a guy get away with... its just a bracket racer... but im always looking to go a little faster Smile thanks!
bluef100fe
bluef100fe

Back to top Go down

Post  TravisRice October 1st 2013, 9:18 pm

Mine was an early one as stated . ........wore the housing before the vanes and the inside looked like someone tried to thread it. We actually bought 2 new ones at the same time. One for my car and one for a friends BBC. Both had the same demise , Both got a sleeve installed locallly, both got sold. Aerospace was not interested in standing behind the product therefore I have a personal preference and do not to use there products anymore.

TravisRice
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  whatbumper October 1st 2013, 11:00 pm

I've installed a moroso one and it was fine too. The gz Motorsports ones are nice too.

whatbumper

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down