BIG BLOCK FORD
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ford C-MAX

2 posters

Go down

Ford C-MAX Empty Ford C-MAX

Post  747JetMech October 3rd 2013, 1:50 pm

Bought a new Ford C-MAX Energi for the wife.. When it breaks, I have no idea where to start and trouble shoot the problem.. Aircraft have Mats. Maintenance Access Terminal... Basic computer to guild you in the right direction. Is this thing capable of that also or am I screwed? Is this thing beyond a code reader?
Any ford guys get training on this thing? I am going to need help..
I know the mileage is not what was advertised but close... My wife so far is getting 44.
California traffic is horrible.. 2 and 3 hour commutes are common. This car is eligible for a carpool sticker meaning my wife can drive in the car pool lane with only one person.. Will cut her commute down by 30 minutes a day, Ford was giving 3 grand back, 5250 tax break, 0% financing, free 220 volt charger installed in the house... I guess it was worth it..
California forced the dealers to warranty the Hybred parts to a 150,000 miles or 10 years...

I will do my part by burning her share of gas!
I call it "Smiles Per Gallon"

747JetMech
747JetMech

Back to top Go down

Ford C-MAX Empty Re: Ford C-MAX

Post  supervel45 October 3rd 2013, 11:01 pm

In a serious note, not the recent couple about PI alternators, BE CAREFUL OF SHOCK HAZZARD WITH THESE CARS. I would order a Ford shop manual before I touched anything and read it first. Understand how the system works, and ask questions of someone at a Ford Dealer ie Ford trained mechanic, on this Vehicle, least that is what I would do if it was mine. Doubt I would own one at this point though. Even the Dealer mechanic's are new to them, Cali may have more than most other state's combined.

supervel45

Back to top Go down