BIG BLOCK FORD
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Good friends are hard to come by these days.............

+7
Darrin Gorham
c.evans
stangr8cr
Mark Miller
69F100
schmitty
ThndrChkn
11 posters

Go down

Good friends are hard to come by these days............. Empty Good friends are hard to come by these days.............

Post  ThndrChkn October 8th 2013, 8:54 pm

Like the title says, "good" friends are very few and far between anymore... I have a friend that the wife and I have known since about 1991, right after we were married... He's the gunsmith friend that lets me use his lathe to work on my guns or to build my own, like I did with my 300 Rem. Ultra Mag last year... Anyhow, over the years we lost touch and regained such yada yada yada, and the past few years we've stayed what I tought was pretty close. Well, last weekend, he calls me up and tells me he has a present for my wife. I told him it was perfect timing, as Sat was her birthday so we can give it to her then...

Well Sat, I go to his house to pick him and the "gift" up, and low-n-behold he bought my wife a motorized wheelchair!! HOLY SMOKES!! I couldn't believe it. It's one of those Rascal scooters, and boy was she excited... I've never seen her face light up so much since her accident... What an uplift to her spirits...

Anyway, I just thought I'd share her excitement. And mine too LOL!!

Like I said, good friends are hard to find, so when you find them, keep em close and enjoy each others' company... You just never know...
ThndrChkn
ThndrChkn

Back to top Go down

Good friends are hard to come by these days............. Empty Re: Good friends are hard to come by these days.............

Post  schmitty October 8th 2013, 8:58 pm

God provides what we need when we need it most. Glad to hear that her spirits are high. Cool 
schmitty
schmitty

Back to top Go down

Good friends are hard to come by these days............. Empty Re: Good friends are hard to come by these days.............

Post  69F100 October 9th 2013, 12:53 am

schmitty wrote:God provides what we need when we need it most.  Glad to hear that her spirits are high.  Cool 

x2
69F100
69F100
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  Mark Miller October 9th 2013, 1:50 am

ThndrChkn wrote:Like the title says, "good" friends are very few and far between anymore... I have a friend that the wife and I have known since about 1991, right after we were married... He's the gunsmith friend that lets me use his lathe to work on my guns or to build my own, like I did with my 300 Rem. Ultra Mag last year... Anyhow, over the years we lost touch and regained such yada yada yada, and the past few years we've stayed what I tought was pretty close.  Well, last weekend, he calls me up and tells me he has a present for my wife.  I told him it was perfect timing, as Sat was her birthday so we can give it to her then...

Well Sat, I go to his house to pick him and the "gift" up, and low-n-behold he bought my wife a motorized wheelchair!!  HOLY SMOKES!!  I couldn't believe it. It's one of those Rascal scooters, and boy was she excited...  I've never seen her face light up so much since her accident...  What an uplift to her spirits...  

Anyway, I just thought I'd share her excitement. And mine too LOL!!  

Like I said, good friends are hard to find, so when you find them, keep em close and enjoy each others' company...  You just never know...
IMO,Can't ask for a better friend then that!!!

Later Mark.

Mark Miller

Back to top Go down

Post  stangr8cr October 9th 2013, 8:36 am

That's awesome Doug!! Good things happen to good people!Cool 

Boo Boo
stangr8cr
stangr8cr
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  c.evans October 9th 2013, 7:20 pm

There's a wonderul thing that he did Doug. I know you all are happy and congratulations!

Charlie

c.evans
BBF VENDOR SPONSOR
BBF VENDOR SPONSOR

Back to top Go down

Post  Darrin Gorham October 9th 2013, 7:39 pm

good to hear Doug!

Darrin Gorham

Back to top Go down

Post  Mike R October 9th 2013, 7:40 pm

Super cool, that's a "true" good friend. My dad told me years ago that you could count the real friends you would have in your life on one hand, he's yet to be proven wrong.

Mike R

Back to top Go down

Post  bbf-falcon October 9th 2013, 9:06 pm

Cool Cool Cool 

bbf-falcon

Back to top Go down

Post  63Galaxie2 October 11th 2013, 12:48 am

Mike R wrote:Super cool, that's a "true" good friend. My dad told me years ago that you could count the real friends you would have in your life on one hand, he's yet to be proven wrong.
Sooo true.

63Galaxie2

Back to top Go down

Post  bcr466 October 20th 2013, 10:47 am

Very true that good friends are hard to come by. Even harder is good true relatives as witnessed at my wife's funeral.
bcr466
bcr466

http://cracing@frontiernet.net

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down