Good friends are hard to come by these days.............

Go down

Good friends are hard to come by these days.............

Post  ThndrChkn on October 8th 2013, 8:54 pm

Like the title says, "good" friends are very few and far between anymore... I have a friend that the wife and I have known since about 1991, right after we were married... He's the gunsmith friend that lets me use his lathe to work on my guns or to build my own, like I did with my 300 Rem. Ultra Mag last year... Anyhow, over the years we lost touch and regained such yada yada yada, and the past few years we've stayed what I tought was pretty close. Well, last weekend, he calls me up and tells me he has a present for my wife. I told him it was perfect timing, as Sat was her birthday so we can give it to her then...

Well Sat, I go to his house to pick him and the "gift" up, and low-n-behold he bought my wife a motorized wheelchair!! HOLY SMOKES!! I couldn't believe it. It's one of those Rascal scooters, and boy was she excited... I've never seen her face light up so much since her accident... What an uplift to her spirits...

Anyway, I just thought I'd share her excitement. And mine too LOL!!


Like I said, good friends are hard to find, so when you find them, keep em close and enjoy each others' company... You just never know...
avatar
ThndrChkn

Posts : 2216
Join date : 2008-12-04
Age : 51
Location : Helena, Montana

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Good friends are hard to come by these days.............

Post  schmitty on October 8th 2013, 8:58 pm

God provides what we need when we need it most. Glad to hear that her spirits are high. Cool 
avatar
schmitty

Posts : 4538
Join date : 2008-12-02
Age : 47
Location : Holdrege, NE

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Good friends are hard to come by these days.............

Post  69F100 on October 9th 2013, 12:53 am

schmitty wrote:God provides what we need when we need it most.  Glad to hear that her spirits are high.  Cool 

x2
avatar
69F100
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Posts : 5103
Join date : 2009-01-04
Age : 51
Location : Irwinville Ga.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Good friends are hard to come by these days.............

Post  Mark Miller on October 9th 2013, 1:50 am

ThndrChkn wrote:Like the title says, "good" friends are very few and far between anymore... I have a friend that the wife and I have known since about 1991, right after we were married... He's the gunsmith friend that lets me use his lathe to work on my guns or to build my own, like I did with my 300 Rem. Ultra Mag last year... Anyhow, over the years we lost touch and regained such yada yada yada, and the past few years we've stayed what I tought was pretty close.  Well, last weekend, he calls me up and tells me he has a present for my wife.  I told him it was perfect timing, as Sat was her birthday so we can give it to her then...

Well Sat, I go to his house to pick him and the "gift" up, and low-n-behold he bought my wife a motorized wheelchair!!  HOLY SMOKES!!  I couldn't believe it. It's one of those Rascal scooters, and boy was she excited...  I've never seen her face light up so much since her accident...  What an uplift to her spirits...  

Anyway, I just thought I'd share her excitement. And mine too LOL!!  


Like I said, good friends are hard to find, so when you find them, keep em close and enjoy each others' company...  You just never know...
IMO,Can't ask for a better friend then that!!!

Later Mark.

Mark Miller

Posts : 1299
Join date : 2009-09-01

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Good friends are hard to come by these days.............

Post  stangr8cr on October 9th 2013, 8:36 am

That's awesome Doug!! Good things happen to good people!Cool 



Boo Boo
avatar
stangr8cr
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Posts : 579
Join date : 2009-08-08
Age : 39
Location : Hermitage, TN.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Good friends are hard to come by these days.............

Post  c.evans on October 9th 2013, 7:20 pm

There's a wonderul thing that he did Doug. I know you all are happy and congratulations!

Charlie

c.evans
BBF VENDOR SPONSOR
BBF VENDOR SPONSOR

Posts : 2208
Join date : 2008-12-03

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Good friends are hard to come by these days.............

Post  Darrin Gorham on October 9th 2013, 7:39 pm

good to hear Doug!

Darrin Gorham

Posts : 170
Join date : 2009-08-08
Location : Covington WA

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Good friends are hard to come by these days.............

Post  Mike R on October 9th 2013, 7:40 pm

Super cool, that's a "true" good friend. My dad told me years ago that you could count the real friends you would have in your life on one hand, he's yet to be proven wrong.

Mike R

Posts : 1269
Join date : 2009-08-05
Age : 57
Location : St Paul Mn

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Good friends are hard to come by these days.............

Post  bbf-falcon on October 9th 2013, 9:06 pm

Cool Cool Cool 

bbf-falcon

Posts : 8992
Join date : 2008-12-03
Location : Jackson, Ohio

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Good friends are hard to come by these days.............

Post  63Galaxie2 on October 11th 2013, 12:48 am

Mike R wrote:Super cool, that's a "true" good friend. My dad told me years ago that you could count the real friends you would have in your life on one hand, he's yet to be proven wrong.
Sooo true.

63Galaxie2

Posts : 17
Join date : 2009-09-16

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Good friends are hard to come by these days.............

Post  bcr466 on October 20th 2013, 10:47 am

Very true that good friends are hard to come by. Even harder is good true relatives as witnessed at my wife's funeral.
avatar
bcr466

Posts : 263
Join date : 2009-08-09
Age : 70
Location : Saltillo/Tupelo, Miss.

View user profile http://cracing@frontiernet.net

Back to top Go down

Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum