BIG BLOCK FORD
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Block Mods

3 posters

Go down

Block Mods Empty Block Mods

Post  geno October 25th 2013, 1:25 pm

[size=12]What are the mods needed to be made to a D1VE for high performance use. I would like the end result to be a 532 cu motor with somewhere around 800 hp. Thanks in advance. Geno
geno
geno

Back to top Go down

Block Mods Empty Re: Block Mods

Post  IDT-572 October 25th 2013, 3:58 pm

At 800 hp a good de-burring to relieve stress risers is about all that is needed. You will have cap walk at that hp, but it is not the end of the world.

Set it up with the right oil clearances and it will serve you well for a long time. Tune up is key also.

You can put the Chinese 4 bolt caps on if you can find a shop that won't charge a arm and leg for the machine work, and not break the bank.

some on here will tell you that it's better to just buy a aftermarket block instead of adding the caps to a stock block, I don't follow that train of thought.

A stock block .030 over with good caps and hard block will carry a ton of power for way less than the cost of a SVO or IDT block.

But hey, pulling out a bunch of cash if you have it and buying all the best parts is a great thing if you can do it................Rolling Eyes 

I have done both, it just depends on the situation.
IDT-572
IDT-572
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  geno October 25th 2013, 7:48 pm

Thanks IDT-572, Looking at your beautifull "Stang", It's been a while since you had to worry about HP mods. I'll locate some of those caps and have the machine hard block it.

Thanks again,
Geno
geno
geno

Back to top Go down

Post  jeffgfg October 26th 2013, 9:27 am

I would get in touch with Paul Kane and ask about one of his blocks, you can get them with all the oil mods and 4 bolt caps installed for under 1,500 bucks, last time I checked. He has good oil pumps too. Still way cheaper than an aftermarket block. Check out his web sight for his list of oiling mods. Maybe not all of them needed but can't hurt.

jeffgfg

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down