BIG BLOCK FORD
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

vacuum pump for motor that was not built to use it???????

+2
whatbumper
deliveredfast
6 posters

Go down

vacuum pump  for motor that was not built to use it??????? Empty vacuum pump for motor that was not built to use it???????

Post  deliveredfast November 24th 2013, 12:45 am

what will happen if I put a 3 vane vacuum pump on a motor that was not set up for it? 598 Aheaded deal 14.4 to 1 cr about 1000hp? Will this be a waste of money or do I for sure need this. Motor is brand new with less than 30 min of run time so I wont be going inside motor any time soon. thx
deliveredfast
deliveredfast

Back to top Go down

vacuum pump  for motor that was not built to use it??????? Empty Re: vacuum pump for motor that was not built to use it???????

Post  whatbumper November 24th 2013, 12:53 am

Run it.

whatbumper

Back to top Go down

vacuum pump  for motor that was not built to use it??????? Empty Re: vacuum pump for motor that was not built to use it???????

Post  richter69 November 24th 2013, 12:55 am

yep
richter69
richter69

Back to top Go down

Post  deliveredfast November 24th 2013, 1:29 am

richter69 wrote:yep
What are u saying yup to? Just run it or get the pump? Thx
deliveredfast
deliveredfast

Back to top Go down

Post  dfree383 November 24th 2013, 1:32 am

Run it ! it will be fine. You can add it later.
dfree383
dfree383
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  deliveredfast November 24th 2013, 1:38 am

Aerospace has a before black Friday deal of 20% off can get entire kit plus shipping for just under 700 bucks.
deliveredfast
deliveredfast

Back to top Go down

Post  bbf-falcon November 24th 2013, 1:50 am

My 557 is setup close to yours. With a big inch engine like yours I would run one. M
ight not help performance but,it sure helps gaskets from leaking.

bbf-falcon

Back to top Go down

Post  LivermoreDave November 24th 2013, 11:45 am

I can't see if an external oil pump is tucked behind the engine plate. If an internal pump is incorporated I would use caution as to the amount of vacuum you supply to the engine. Also if a lighter ring package is not part of your build I'm not sure the pump will offer a benefit to the rings without causing issues at the oil pump pickup. A three vane unit is a better choice over the "smog pump" designs and may not be needed to accomplish adequate vacuum to prevent leaks, although a three vane would be nice for a future rebuild with related parts. Just an opinion of course.

Dave.

LivermoreDave

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down