BIG BLOCK FORD
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Federal Minimum Wage

+16
bb429power
qtrhors1
TravisRice
QtrWarrior
GT300TD
bbf-falcon
DILLIGASDAVE
Lem Evans
schmitty
Glenn M.
cool40
DanH
69F100
Curt
bigblok2000ranger
supervel45
20 posters

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Federal Minimum Wage Empty Federal Minimum Wage

Post  supervel45 December 6th 2013, 12:10 pm

This is back in the news. Any thoughts on the subject?

supervel45

Back to top Go down

Federal Minimum Wage Empty Re: Federal Minimum Wage

Post  bigblok2000ranger December 6th 2013, 1:01 pm

Absolutely not! The last time it was raised it put an economy that was starting to show some hopes right back into a hole. So many people are ignorant about this subject, if the minimum wage goes up for the lower class, the cost of living goes up for everyone else essentially bringing hard working middle class down into poverty.

If anything it should get lowered back to $5.15/hr!
bigblok2000ranger
bigblok2000ranger

Back to top Go down

Post  Curt December 6th 2013, 1:07 pm

The employer should decide what a job is worth. And welfare should never pay enough to discourage someone from making that minimum wage whatever it is set at. If it wasn't so easy to survive on welfare, we wouldn't need illegal aliens to take those jobs.
Curt
Curt

Back to top Go down

Post  supervel45 December 6th 2013, 1:33 pm

What about the 2014 elections, any angle there? What else happens in 2014? This is linked to my other thread by the way, hint.

supervel45

Back to top Go down

Post  Curt December 6th 2013, 1:44 pm

supervel45 wrote:What about the 2014 elections, any angle there? What else happens in 2014? This is linked to my other thread by the way, hint.
Sorry, but we're not allowed to talk about politics or religion on here. Shocked 
Curt
Curt

Back to top Go down

Post  69F100 December 6th 2013, 1:49 pm

bigblok2000ranger wrote:Absolutely not! The last time it was raised it put an economy that was starting to show some hopes right back into a hole. So many people are ignorant about this subject, if the minimum wage goes up for the lower class, the cost of living goes up for everyone else essentially bringing hard working middle class down into poverty.

If anything it should get lowered back to $5.15/hr!
I agree with you the last minimum wage increased everything increased with it so they really was no increase for the minimum wage worker just a increase on the people making above minimum wage on the cost of everything easel. When the employer has to pay more for minimum pay they going to charge more that means in the end everybody has to pay more for a product and the little guy is still no father ahead with the increase.
69F100
69F100
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  Curt December 6th 2013, 1:52 pm

Minimum wage is like corporate income tax. The end user pays for it with higher prices negating any gain in income.
Curt
Curt

Back to top Go down

Post  supervel45 December 6th 2013, 2:19 pm

Curt wrote:
supervel45 wrote:What about the 2014 elections, any angle there? What else happens in 2014? This is linked to my other thread by the way, hint.
Sorry, but we're not allowed to talk about politics or religion on here.  Shocked 
Hard to talk about anything anymore with you know what rearing it's ugly head, since it or they seem to be involved in almost every subject now, and want some control over it. Next V8 engines will be a taboo subject, because they threaten the enviroment, esp those old inefficent big blocks. Let's talk about public education, for example, and see how far we could get. I guess it is tolerated here a llittle if it remains civil, and not a one sided bash fest?

supervel45

Back to top Go down

Post  Curt December 6th 2013, 2:41 pm

No rules against wages, insurance or education. LOL Laughing 
Curt
Curt

Back to top Go down

Post  DanH December 6th 2013, 2:44 pm

Curt wrote:The employer should decide what a job is worth.  And welfare should never pay enough to discourage someone from making that minimum wage whatever it is set at. If it wasn't so easy to survive on welfare, we wouldn't need illegal aliens to take those jobs.
on the welfare , you got that right . plus they shouldnt be allowed to have more chidren (by any means) to stay on it

DanH

Back to top Go down

Post  bigblok2000ranger December 6th 2013, 2:55 pm

This kind of links to another issue; if we raise minimum wage that will in turn increase our dependency on imported lower cost items and will be just one step closer to the end for corporate America. Abolishing free trade would be the only possible way that an increase could do anything other than damage Corporate America and even then it's still too risky.

If we abolished free trade and removed ALL sales taxes from American made products at the same time as a minimum wage increase MAYBE corporate America could take the hit, but do you want to gamble with your livelihood????
bigblok2000ranger
bigblok2000ranger

Back to top Go down

Post  bigblok2000ranger December 6th 2013, 3:04 pm

I would be prepared for a civil uprising! Things are gonna get ugly mark my word!
bigblok2000ranger
bigblok2000ranger

Back to top Go down

Post  cool40 December 6th 2013, 3:08 pm

Greed got us where we are now.not minimum wage. .....
cool40
cool40
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  supervel45 December 6th 2013, 3:13 pm

bigblok2000ranger wrote:This kind of links to another issue; if we raise minimum wage that will in turn increase our dependency on imported lower cost items and will be just one step closer to the end for corporate America. Abolishing free trade would be the only possible way that an increase could do anything other than damage Corporate America and even then it's still too risky.

If we abolished free trade and removed ALL sales taxes from American made products at the same time as a minimum wage increase MAYBE corporate America could take the hit, but do you want to gamble with your livelihood????
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                             Read your post several times, and I am some what confused what to make of it? I am with you, about it increasing our dependancy on foreign goods. What if Corporate America out source's the manufacturng, how do they get hurt? Would not American worker's be hurt my the minimum wage increase?  Would abolishing free trade not hurt the foregin importers also? Are we confusing Free Trade with Fair Trade?

supervel45

Back to top Go down

Post  Curt December 6th 2013, 3:31 pm

cool40 wrote:Greed got us where we are now.not minimum wage. .....
Anyone on here that has any hobby could be considered "greedy". A lot of people relate success with greed. To some, making more than $7.25 an hour is success, but is it greed?
Curt
Curt

Back to top Go down

Post  bigblok2000ranger December 6th 2013, 3:35 pm

supervel45 wrote:
bigblok2000ranger wrote:This kind of links to another issue; if we raise minimum wage that will in turn increase our dependency on imported lower cost items and will be just one step closer to the end for corporate America. Abolishing free trade would be the only possible way that an increase could do anything other than damage Corporate America and even then it's still too risky.

Read this your posts several times, and I am some what confused what to make of it? I am with you, about it increasing our dependancy on foreign goods. What if Corporate America out source's the manufacturng, how do they get hurt? Would not American worker's be hurt my the minimum wage increase?  Would abolishing free trade not hurt the importers also? Are we confusing Free Trade with Fair Trade?                              
Initially of course it would but in the long term it would force US to become self sufficient AGAIN. Most anything we import was once made here and could be again. Things are not gonna get better over night we have yet to hit bottom but it will happen.
bigblok2000ranger
bigblok2000ranger

Back to top Go down

Post  supervel45 December 6th 2013, 4:42 pm

How about, for the sake of discussion, we seperate greed, and incentive for profit with ethic's, into two seperate catagories, and see where that goes. Both are definetly relative to the topic.

supervel45

Back to top Go down

Post  Glenn M. December 6th 2013, 6:08 pm

supervel45 wrote:
                                                                                                                                         How about, for the sake of discussion, we seperate greed, and incentive for profit with ethic's, into two seperate catagories, and see where that goes. Both are definetly relative to the topic.
No problem. Here's one for the "greed" column: George Soros - the "man who broke the bank of England" around 1992... Google "Black Wednesday" in England. Then see whom he "owns" in this country, and where he lives currently. And what his game is with the dollar (Currency). And how things were manipulated in England prior to the GB pound's fall...
Look familiar in this country?

And then there are always those expatriated dollars that corporations have never paid a cent of taxes on, sitting in all those off-shore accounts... About 2 + trillion of 'em at the last count...

And then there are those pesky little foreign investment tax credit laws, and currency manipulation of the Chinese Yuan, etc.... And who's doing the taxes for those "incentive for profit with ethics" corporations, using those "GAAP" (Generally accepted accounting procedures)  anyway?? You think there's any "accountability" there???

Enough greed fer ya??  Very Happy

Glenn M.
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  cool40 December 6th 2013, 8:02 pm

Curt wrote:
Anyone on here that has any hobby could be considered "greedy". A lot of people relate success with greed. To some, making more than $7.25 an hour is success, but is it greed?
a lot of people need to learn the definition of greedthen.lol
cool40
cool40
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  cool40 December 6th 2013, 8:03 pm

Embarassed 
cool40
cool40
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  schmitty December 6th 2013, 8:38 pm

Greed is the "worship" of money, and there is nothing good that comes of this. Success is doing a job better than the next guy and getting compensated for it. The higher up the food chain you get and continue to do it better, the more you should be compensated. I tell a lot of young people out there trying to get into a career, that they need to sell themselves to the "highest bidder" every day and don't quit looking. Most companies are always on the lookout for top notch talent, and are willing to pay for it as long as there is a "return on investment". I have heard a lot of people complain that there is no way that anyone should be paid $XXXXXXXX. I ask them if they would take a job if someone offered them that amount, and I've never had one say no. Jealousy and greed are still two things that plague mankind and cause us to ponder and discuss at will, with no scenario of ending it. I am thankful that the Good Lord has blessed me with knowledge and compassion.
schmitty
schmitty

Back to top Go down

Post  supervel45 December 6th 2013, 9:13 pm

Capitalism must have incentive for profit to work. When there are no limits to how that profit is made, I would think that unbrittled greed would be a more accurate definition. This seems to be what has changed greatly over the last 30 years or less, in America, and we are seeing the outcome. Graft, Coruption, and Cronyism, run amuck. Honest business's run out of business, instead of thriving, in alot of cases. Government regulation cannot stop it either, maybe curtail it to a small extent? People will have to change it from their own free will, from the top to the bottom, of the population, I think. There are no easy answers I'm afaid. Alot of good suggestions, and viewpoints, so for.

supervel45

Back to top Go down

Post  Lem Evans December 6th 2013, 9:38 pm

Those guys that build the pyramids did not get pay very well.....were they in the USA in the last 30 years?

Lem Evans

http://bfevansraceparts.com

Back to top Go down

Post  cool40 December 6th 2013, 11:18 pm

Lem Evans wrote:Those guys that build the pyramids did not get pay very well.....were they in the USA in the last 30 years?
i wonder if one guy who got paid $xxxxxxxxx could build those pyramids........Suspect 
cool40
cool40
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  DILLIGASDAVE December 7th 2013, 3:16 am

Subway is already trying to slowly-quietly shift all their national "$5 Dollar Foot Long" sandwich advertising deals to a $6 dollar base price in hopes no one will notice the slowly done price increase. You bump the minimum wage up again & they will have to make it a $9 Foot Long. Razz 

And if you make the federal minimum wage $15 dollars an hour, like some of the fast food workers were protesting for, they themselves will see a bunch of their own jobs disappear when the public decides not to pay piles of cash for higher & higher priced crap fast food.
DILLIGASDAVE
DILLIGASDAVE

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next