BIG BLOCK FORD
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What octane

2 posters

Go down

What octane  Empty What octane

Post  Super Snake Steve December 27th 2013, 1:22 pm

As far as BBF's go how do you figuer what octane to use I know iron heads and aluminum heads change what octane you can use is there a chart or formula you can use or is it just trial and Era. I'm sure there's a point where your wasting money on higher octane and dont need it. Say you have 11:1 could you start out with 110 octane tune your motor timing ect. And then don't change anything and start dropping 2 points of octane at a time till it pings or is there a better way to get the right octane with your combo thanks

Super Snake Steve

Back to top Go down

What octane  Empty Re: What octane

Post  LivermoreDave December 27th 2013, 1:46 pm

Super Snake Steve wrote:As far as BBF's go how do you figuer what octane to use I know iron heads and aluminum heads change what octane you can use is there a chart or formula you can use or is it just trial and Era. I'm sure there's a point where your wasting money on higher octane and dont need it. Say you have 11:1 could you start out with 110 octane tune your motor timing ect. And then don't change anything and start dropping 2 points of octane at a time till it pings or is there a better way to get the right octane with your combo thanks

Both of the highlighted phrases should not be included in your project plan.

Dave.

LivermoreDave

Back to top Go down