Canadian Weather

Go down

Canadian Weather

Post  Mark Laczo on January 6th 2014, 10:44 am

Looks like you boys south of the border are getting some good old fashioned Canadian weather just a little warmer than we had last week. Coldest since the early eighties, -30F or so and then the wind is going hit later today. Saw on the news this AM it is illegal to drive in the Indianapolis city limits unless its an emergency vehicle. It seems in Canada they can barely keep the drivers off the road when poor weather hits. Good luck and stay safe.

Later Mark
avatar
Mark Laczo

Posts : 268
Join date : 2009-08-06
Age : 50
Location : Rimbey, Alberta

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Canadian Weather

Post  Curt on January 6th 2014, 10:54 am

Mark Laczo wrote:Looks like you boys south of the border are getting some good old fashioned Canadian weather just a little warmer than we had last week. Coldest since the early eighties, -30F or so and then the wind is going hit later today. Saw on the news this AM it is illegal to drive in the Indianapolis city limits unless its an emergency vehicle. It seems in Canada they can barely keep the drivers off the road when poor weather hits. Good luck and stay safe.

Later Mark
We've had two nights here in Texas that were single digits, but our highs were at or a little above freezing. Not sure how you guys make it up there. Cold is an enemy of mine. Neutral  The last cold spell we had in December, we had 5 days when it never got above freezing.

We're back to normal tomorrow.  Smile 
avatar
Curt

Posts : 2635
Join date : 2009-02-08
Age : 55
Location : Henrietta, Texas but mostly on the road

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Canadian Weather

Post  5pointslow on January 6th 2014, 11:40 am

im from New england and am used to the winters being cold and crappy


GLOBAL WARMING  Laughing ......how that working out ha
avatar
5pointslow

Posts : 1167
Join date : 2009-10-11
Age : 29
Location : MASSHOLE aka BOSTONIAN

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Canadian Weather

Post  Dave C. on January 6th 2014, 11:53 am

The warming will slow down as soon as we get all our light bulbs changed out.  Wink 

Dave C.

Posts : 1268
Join date : 2013-03-23

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Canadian Weather

Post  HorsinAround on January 6th 2014, 2:06 pm

Its the same in my county. Anyone caught on the roads can be arrested. Of course, I haven't seen a snow plow since yesterday, so the cops probably won't be out. lol
avatar
HorsinAround

Posts : 1045
Join date : 2009-08-06
Location : North Central Indiana

View user profile http://www.frontpagefab.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Canadian Weather

Post  LivermoreDave on January 6th 2014, 2:15 pm

You guys (and gals) in the Northern United States, Canada and Alaska are some tough hombres! In Western KY the temperature dropped about 40 degrees before midnight Sunday only to continue colder. The wet conditions of Sunday up to about 10 PM turned to a blast freeze! Monday morning about 3:30 the sweetie woke me with cold hands (colder than usual) complaining she couldn't get in her car, so out I went! Got to get her off to work so Ginny and I can sit around all day watching Disney! The temperature, -2 to -4 degrees, windchill I suppose is somewhere near -20 degrees. Pretty damn cold here! My furnace is almost running non-stop. I put the stop watch on it this morning about day break, furnace on nearly 5 minutes, furnace off about 13 minutes! Think I can get on the O'Plan ( afro  )  to pay for my heat?

Colder than usual,
Dave.

LivermoreDave

Posts : 972
Join date : 2009-09-27
Location : North of the Equator.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Canadian Weather

Post  61coon on January 6th 2014, 7:57 pm

The high here (southern middle tennessee) today was 9 degrees. Little cooler than this ol boy likes....  Shocked 
avatar
61coon

Posts : 1817
Join date : 2009-08-07
Age : 40
Location : Hillsboro,TN

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Canadian Weather

Post  Mike R on January 6th 2014, 8:17 pm

It was 24 below when I tried to go to work this morning, turned the key in the trusty old Buick and FAIL affraid I was only 3 hours late Laughing 

Mike R

Posts : 1270
Join date : 2009-08-05
Age : 57
Location : St Paul Mn

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Canadian Weather

Post  f250mike on January 6th 2014, 10:49 pm

We are the same as Alan.
No snow plows since yesterday. The County is shut down until further notice. A $500 fine if caught on the roads.
I'm not worried about fines because I can't get 1/2 mile from the house. My old 4x4 F250 can't seem to clear these 4ft drifts.
Days like today I regret leaving mud racing for the 1/4 mile. The old 38.5" boggers would have eaten up these snow drifts like nothing.
avatar
f250mike

Posts : 627
Join date : 2009-03-28
Age : 53
Location : Rensselaer, Indiana

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Canadian Weather

Post  Diggindeeper on January 6th 2014, 11:08 pm

Me and Al Gore gonna be banana hammock bros out in the warm globe, shit it was 39 Celsius here today.  

Oh yeah.  Minus 39   affraid

-39 + banana hammock = stack of dimes
avatar
Diggindeeper

Posts : 800
Join date : 2009-08-06
Age : 38
Location : Just outside Winnipeg, Mb

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Canadian Weather

Post  f250mike on January 7th 2014, 11:01 am

I'm still stuck here at home today.
The county is shut down again today with tickets being given to all non emergency vehicles.
I heard the county plow trucks had to put V blades on and are still having troubles.
The State still has I65 closed from Lafayette in to Gary in.
avatar
f250mike

Posts : 627
Join date : 2009-03-28
Age : 53
Location : Rensselaer, Indiana

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Canadian Weather

Post  Glenn M. on January 7th 2014, 3:08 pm

5pointslow wrote:im from New england and am used to the winters being cold and crappy


GLOBAL WARMING  Laughing ......how that working out ha

Well, ya know some of the more enlightened are saying it is, just not where you'd expect it...

http://www.noaa.gov/features/02_monitoring/warmarctic.html

Glenn M.
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Posts : 114
Join date : 2009-12-02
Location : VA/FL

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Canadian Weather

Post  Curt on January 8th 2014, 12:29 am

Glenn M. wrote:
5pointslow wrote:im from New england and am used to the winters being cold and crappy


GLOBAL WARMING  Laughing ......how that working out ha

Well, ya know some of the more enlightened are saying it is, just not where you'd expect it...

http://www.noaa.gov/features/02_monitoring/warmarctic.html

Across the southern hemisphere, the data have proved even more devastating to what supposed “climate scientists” were caught referring to as their “cause” in the deeply embarrassing ClimateGate e-mails. First, the figures from 2012 showed a record high level of sea-ice cover — more than at any point since records began in 1978. This year set another new record, with ice covering more than 19.5 million square kilometers of ocean around Antarctica by September.  http://www.thenewamerican.com/tech/environment/item/17207-al-gore-forecasted-ice-free-arctic-by-2013-ice-cover-expands-50

Antarctic ships escape from ice trap as weather changes  http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-25635690

It appears that NOAA is funded by government grants that request them to find in their favor.
avatar
Curt

Posts : 2635
Join date : 2009-02-08
Age : 55
Location : Henrietta, Texas but mostly on the road

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Canadian Weather

Post  Glenn M. on January 8th 2014, 12:57 am

Curt wrote:Across the southern hemisphere, the data have proved even more devastating to what supposed “climate scientists” were caught referring to as their “cause” in the deeply embarrassing ClimateGate e-mails. First, the figures from 2012 showed a record high level of sea-ice cover — more than at any point since records began in 1978. This year set another new record, with ice covering more than 19.5 million square kilometers of ocean around Antarctica by September.  http://www.thenewamerican.com/tech/environment/item/17207-al-gore-forecasted-ice-free-arctic-by-2013-ice-cover-expands-50

Antarctic ships escape from ice trap as weather changes  http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-25635690

It appears that NOAA is funded by government grants that request them to find in their favor.[/quote]

Well, of course they are, and do! Part of the famed Interstate Commerce Commission!! LOL, they are a waste...
And paid for with taxpayer $$$...  Evil or Very Mad   Evil or Very Mad 

Glenn M.
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Posts : 114
Join date : 2009-12-02
Location : VA/FL

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Canadian Weather

Post  dave d on January 8th 2014, 7:49 am

Mark Laczo wrote:Looks like you boys south of the border are getting some good old fashioned Canadian weather just a little warmer than we had last week. Coldest since the early eighties, -30F or so and then the wind is going hit later today. Saw on the news this AM it is illegal to drive in the Indianapolis city limits unless its an emergency vehicle. It seems in Canada they can barely keep the drivers off the road when poor weather hits. Good luck and stay safe.

Later Mark

Wish you had this damn cold and snow back with you bounce 
avatar
dave d

Posts : 797
Join date : 2009-12-22
Age : 59
Location : nwohio

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum