BIG BLOCK FORD
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Oem 3rd member v/s fab 9 housing

+5
bigblok2000ranger
whatbumper
richter69
cool40
tconnection
9 posters

Go down

Oem 3rd member v/s fab 9 housing - Page 2 Empty Re: Oem 3rd member v/s fab 9 housing

Post  whatbumper January 14th 2014, 12:05 am

http://www.quickperformance.com/Ford-9-Inch-Moser-Nodular-Iron-HRW-Pro-N-complete-Center-Section_p_38.html

All in all a pretty good deal here.

whatbumper

Back to top Go down

Oem 3rd member v/s fab 9 housing - Page 2 Empty Re: Oem 3rd member v/s fab 9 housing

Post  bigblok2000ranger January 14th 2014, 9:26 pm

whatbumper wrote:http://www.quickperformance.com/Ford-9-Inch-Moser-Nodular-Iron-HRW-Pro-N-complete-Center-Section_p_38.html

Just a little note; if you buy the Quickperformance center section or one of their spools make sure to let your axle supplier know this. My buddy just had to order one axle from Strange because the customer ordered one of these and one side needed to be shorter or longer by 1". I can ask to confirm which tomorrow.
bigblok2000ranger
bigblok2000ranger

Back to top Go down

Post  tconnection July 9th 2014, 12:26 am

Any pointers on building a pretty tough 40 spline third member for under 900.00 bucks? Which case, would the 28 spline pinion do good? this is for sure all out drag. Atleast 900hp.
Thanks

tconnection

Back to top Go down

Post  Calypso July 28th 2014, 4:33 am

Leaf spring version of the Fab9 will not last without modification unless they have changed the perches. Spring perches of my Fab 9 were not boxed and soft material. They rolled around the tube at first launch with traction letting the pinion rise and break the u-joint.

Calypso

Back to top Go down

Post  69F100 July 28th 2014, 1:08 pm

whatbumper wrote:http://www.quickperformance.com/Ford-9-Inch-Moser-Nodular-Iron-HRW-Pro-N-complete-Center-Section_p_38.html

I use him for all my parts when we built my rearend never had a problem he knows the ford 9'' even bought my Moser axles from him I called him on Saturday when I change my u joint to the 1350 told him what I was doing I had it in on Tuesday. If you call him and he don't answer leave a message he will call you back.
69F100
69F100
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  schmitty July 28th 2014, 1:34 pm

bigblok2000ranger wrote:

Just a little note; if you buy the Quickperformance center section or one of their spools make sure to let your axle supplier know this. My buddy just had to order one axle from Strange because the customer ordered one of these and one side needed to be shorter or longer by 1". I can ask to confirm which tomorrow.
I don't think you can blame Brydon for someone else not measuring axles for their application. 
I've gotten excellent service and support from them on several axles I've done.  
Unless you find someone willing to sell a used unit, you aren't going to do it much cheaper than that nodular deal.
schmitty
schmitty

Back to top Go down

Post  bigblok2000ranger August 1st 2014, 12:56 pm

schmitty wrote:
bigblok2000ranger wrote:

I don't think you can blame Brydon for someone else not measuring axles for their application. 
Unless you find someone willing to sell a used unit, you aren't going to do it much cheaper than that nodular deal.

Just for reference the customer ordered an F body 9" with strange axles for a strange spool from Trick Chassis but bought the center section from quick preformance. Alex had sold over 100 of the rear ends and axle packages and zero issues until this customer bought that center section. Strange now has the correct dimensions for the quick performance spools. All my point was that to make sure your axle company know what brand of spool you are using.
bigblok2000ranger
bigblok2000ranger

Back to top Go down

Post  Barney August 1st 2014, 1:36 pm

bigblok2000ranger wrote:
schmitty wrote:
bigblok2000ranger wrote:

Just for reference the customer ordered an F body 9" with strange axles for a strange spool from Trick Chassis but bought the center section from quick preformance. Alex had sold over 100 of the rear ends and axle packages and zero issues until this customer bought that center section. Strange now has the correct dimensions for the quick performance spools. All my point was that to make sure your axle company know what brand of spool you are using.
Nothing wrong with that advice. Just remember where you posted it. I ran a N case into the 7s with 35 splines at 3200+ with no issues.
Barney
Barney

http://www.hdraracingseries.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down