My new build.

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Re: My new build.

Post  austin460 on January 26th 2014, 6:44 pm

I hear you. I know what its like to work on a tight budget. Most of mine is put together from good second hand or home built stuff. Its doable just takes a bit more time/ingenuity. What matters most is you enjoy it. Sounds as though when you get yours together you will have a real stormer wether it be C6 or c4, 850 or 1050. Just store the suggestions on here for when the opportunity/funds allow.
avatar
austin460

Posts : 79
Join date : 2012-09-29
Age : 49
Location : uk

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: My new build.

Post  BigRigTech on January 26th 2014, 7:05 pm

I want to see what it will go with the 850, upgrading something and seeing the gain is 1/2 the fun for me.
avatar
BigRigTech

Posts : 763
Join date : 2013-06-17
Location : Hatchet Lake, Nova Scotia, Canada

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: My new build.

Post  460vega on January 26th 2014, 8:38 pm

BigRigTech wrote:
nitrous.f wrote:there not telling this just to jump your bone! there telling you this because its the truth, the trans is the way to go! Shocked 

I'm not disagreeing that it would pick up over my C6 - that's a no brainer - but I'm one of the few Ford guy's left who won't make the change. Evil or Very Mad 
I won`t run a glide either,nothing against them, they work good. You won`t be giving up much et with a rollerized c6 if you get the conv.& gear right.
avatar
460vega

Posts : 31
Join date : 2013-02-11

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: My new build.

Post  460vega on January 26th 2014, 8:40 pm

BigRigTech wrote:
nitrous.f wrote:there not telling this just to jump your bone! there telling you this because its the truth, the trans is the way to go! Shocked 

I'm not disagreeing that it would pick up over my C6 - that's a no brainer - but I'm one of the few Ford guy's left who won't make the change. Evil or Very Mad 
I won`t run a glide either,nothing against them, they work good. You won`t be giving up much et with a rollerized c6 if you get the conv.& gear right.
avatar
460vega

Posts : 31
Join date : 2013-02-11

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: My new build.

Post  richter69 on January 26th 2014, 10:36 pm

the only thing gm in my 2 speed is the parking pawl and lever.........i never use park anyway.


avatar
richter69

Posts : 13645
Join date : 2008-12-02
Age : 47
Location : In the winners circle

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: My new build.

Post  BigRigTech on January 26th 2014, 11:27 pm

richter69 wrote:the only thing gm in my 2 speed is the parking pawl and lever.........i never use park anyway.




I hear that a lot at the track when they torture the Ford guys about their PG. The usual reply is that they have an "aftermarket 2 speed racing transmission" LOL
avatar
BigRigTech

Posts : 763
Join date : 2013-06-17
Location : Hatchet Lake, Nova Scotia, Canada

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: My new build.

Post  dfree383 on January 27th 2014, 9:14 am

BigRigTech wrote:
richter69 wrote:the only thing gm in my 2 speed is the parking pawl and lever.........i never use park anyway.




I hear that a lot at the track when they torture the Ford guys about their PG. The usual reply is that they have an "aftermarket 2 speed racing transmission" LOL
the reply to that is "how's that 9" rear working out for ya?"
avatar
dfree383
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Posts : 14160
Join date : 2009-07-09
Location : Home Wif Da Wife.....

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: My new build.

Post  BigRigTech on January 27th 2014, 9:20 am

dfree383 wrote:
BigRigTech wrote:
richter69 wrote:the only thing gm in my 2 speed is the parking pawl and lever.........i never use park anyway.




I hear that a lot at the track when they torture the Ford guys about their PG. The usual reply is that they have an "aftermarket 2 speed racing transmission" LOL
the reply to that is "how's that 9" rear working out for ya?"

They forget that part...LOL....I will say there is a lot of Dana 60's under the bowtie's at my track.
avatar
BigRigTech

Posts : 763
Join date : 2013-06-17
Location : Hatchet Lake, Nova Scotia, Canada

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum