BIG BLOCK FORD
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Foxbody Hood Clearance with Trick Flow A460 Intake

Go down

Foxbody Hood Clearance with Trick Flow A460 Intake   Empty Foxbody Hood Clearance with Trick Flow A460 Intake

Post  CHARLIEB January 25th 2014, 12:46 pm

Here are some thoughts I had on hood clearance for a Trick flow A460 intake after looking at some other builds for a big block in a Foxbody Mustang.

1. I have seen where they are using a Edelbrock Torker  II Intake with 1.5 K-member spacer and having adequate hood clearance.

2. The Edelbrock Torker 2 F 3.50 R 4.25 Avg 3.87

3. The post on 91 lx coupe sleeper build He states using 1.5 K-member spacers a Torker II intake with Holley 750 drop base air cleaner and still have over an inch of clearance and he can put my old school 125 Holley nitrous plate on it and its 1" thick and still have room to close the hood.

4. The post on 460ford.com Topic Big Block In Fox Mustang. He measured two different motor mounts. The Ford Racing swap mounts measured from the ground up were 29 inches. The AJE motor mounts measured from the ground up were 28 inches

5. Here are my thoughts of getting the hood clearance for a Trick Flow A460 intake
Trick flow A460 intake height is 8.575
AJE K member solid motor mounts would put the motor an 1 inch lower than regular mounts
K member spacers at 1.5 inch thick
Moroso drop base air cleaner

6. A460 intake height is 8.575 subtract 3.87 from the original stock hood clearance because we know it clears the stock hood then subtract 1 inch for the solid motor mounts
This should give you the total amount needed for a hood cowl with an A460 intake.
Total Amount height is 3.705
CHARLIEB
CHARLIEB

Back to top Go down