BIG BLOCK FORD
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hyd. Roller Cams if BBF....Why Can't it Be Done??

4 posters

Go down

Hyd. Roller Cams if BBF....Why Can't it Be Done?? Empty Hyd. Roller Cams if BBF....Why Can't it Be Done??

Post  514F-1 February 12th 2014, 6:07 pm

Just wondering why no one uses Hydraulic Roller Cams in BB Fords? I had a couple of small block bracket motors that had Hyd. rollers, and they worked great, no checking valve lash, and I never ha any problems with the valve train at all? I like the idea of a Hyd roller motor for a bracket racing application, and I'm just wondering why no one uses them in BBF applications.
514F-1
514F-1

Back to top Go down

Hyd. Roller Cams if BBF....Why Can't it Be Done?? Empty Re: Hyd. Roller Cams if BBF....Why Can't it Be Done??

Post  bbf-falcon February 12th 2014, 7:17 pm

Randy Malik,is a expert on these setups,he will give you the right info.

bbf-falcon

Back to top Go down

Hyd. Roller Cams if BBF....Why Can't it Be Done?? Empty Re: Hyd. Roller Cams if BBF....Why Can't it Be Done??

Post  jasonf February 12th 2014, 7:45 pm

Freelander also used them in his EMC engine. There is a thread here somewhere regarding the parts he used. I believe one of the biggest deterrents (to some) were the cost of the lifters to make it all work.
jasonf
jasonf
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  rmcomprandy February 12th 2014, 8:26 pm

bbf-falcon wrote:Randy Malik,is a expert on these setups,he will give you the right info.

A hydraulic roller lifter CAN be used however, it is not simply a drop-in like a lot of other engines. More valve train wear WILL happen but, with a limited use engine that is not a really big problem.
AND, the performance increase as with some other engines is just not there for similar spec'ed camshaft profiles. With a roller lifter, MORE lobe lift is possible for a given duration.

rmcomprandy

http://www.rmcompetition.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down